Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to implement a Bitcoin like system which works only within intranet?  (Read 1154 times)
somesh (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:00:24 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 08:19:13 PM by somesh

How to implement a Bitcoin like system which works only within intranet ?

(This system should not affect or be affected by the original Bitcoin network outside)

What changes need to be done ?
Any references ?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:02:37 PM

not a problem ... use a bitcoin core in server mode (main miner) and use a bitcoin miner (USB key = 333MH/s).
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:13:06 PM

How to implement a Bitcoin system which works only within intranet ?

Any references ?

I'm no expert, but it seems to me this should work as long as any transactions in or out of the system (to or from the outside world) are somehow imported and exported to an online computer. I guess I'm not sure what the use of this would be, but maybe I am misunderstanding.

EDIT: Although I don't know how you'd get your transactions confirmed.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:20:58 PM

(This system should not affect or be affected by the original Bitcoin network outside)

Any references ?

Why would you need a decentralized system at all if you are only going to use it in an intranet? A centralised ledger should do the work!

This spot for rent.
juju

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:46:05 PM

Any references ?

What your asking about is essentially creating an Altcoin using the Bitcoin source code. All you need to do is: generate new Timestamps, epoch string,  Merklehash, mine genesis block. If you change these values in the main.cpp, Bitcoin will start a new chain on your intranet. Just have one bitcoind compile run as Listen and have the other nodes connect to it. Its easy to create and mine a coin on LAN.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B82OOXRXzyeadFU2OVdaREk2Y00&usp=sharing - Cloning Guide - From Shakezula, Razorlove and the_Catman,

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359000.0

FYI, the guides are a bit out of date, you cant even probably find the repos they talk about, but it should help too educate you enough to accomplish the system you describe.

Edit: Clarity
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:11:26 PM

Any references ?

Why would you need a decentralized system at all if you are only going to use it in an intranet? A centralised ledger should do the work!

Maybe he wants to make some tests about bitcoin, like simulating 51% attacks, simulating what would happen to transactions times when the has power is too high or too low, etc...
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:03:00 PM

Any references ?

Maybe he wants to make some tests about bitcoin, like simulating 51% attacks, simulating what would happen to transactions times when the has power is too high or too low, etc...

Why exactly do you need an intranet for this? Just create a copy paste coin and don't give anyone else the software. Boooom, own little network, works like intranet.

This spot for rent.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:14:33 PM

Maybe he/she wants to set up a closed system of currency for a family, company, or group. I can think of a bunch of reasons why having a closed system of currency could be useful to a group of people.

Razick
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:24:40 PM

If I had read the title fully I wouldn't have made my useless contribution. My apologies.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Razick
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:25:16 PM

Maybe he/she wants to set up a closed system of currency for a family, company, or group. I can think of a bunch of reasons why having a closed system of currency could be useful to a group of people.

I've thought about doing this before. I'd still like to but I don't know how to customize it.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:25:38 PM

Yeah, but to achive this, you will need a 100% closed network, and even then it doesn't really make much sence. Will they use company hardware to mine and compete for the coins? Hardly an optimal solution for company resources.
But what do I know..

This spot for rent.
Razick
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

Yeah, but to achive this, you will need a 100% closed network, and even then it doesn't really make much sence. Will they use company hardware to mine and compete for the coins? Hardly an optimal solution for company resources.
But what do I know..

With few miners on the network, difficulty would be far lower. They could also be premined depending on his/her needs.

DannyElfman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:39:26 PM

But what do I know..

With few miners on the network, difficulty would be far lower. They could also be premined depending on his/her needs.

true, but people would be inclined to try to increase their share by bringing USB asics ect to work and use company electricity. Not saying it can't work. Just saying that I don't get the economical reason for it.

What could work would be a 100% POS coin that is disctirbuted by CEO and has some kind of worth, like workfree days and shit.

This spot for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: