Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking 2.5 BTC loan. Will repay 3 BTC in 14 days.  (Read 1989 times)
BlackHeartFund (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:40:26 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 01:59:55 AM by BlackHeartFund

Seeking up to 2.5BTC to complete a large hardware purchase. I have over 20 BTC in Havelock investments but I have already sold everything that I can bring myself to unload right now. Will accept individual loans of as little as 0.5BTC.

Repayment date: August 19, 2014 (two weeks from today)

I presently have 11TH/s mining and receive dividends from a number of shares.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss identifying information or collateral.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:51:05 PM

Please read this may be its helpful for you about this loan https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577765.0

deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:28:52 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725554.0

Here you are buying upto 7 BTC, now you are asking loan of 2.5 BTC.
I am very confuse, either you don't need loan or your buying thread is fake.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:54:45 PM

I don't see any problems with this loan request. He has collateral in the form of assets in Havelock Investments. Unless I'm misinterpreting what Havelock is (and I very well may be), the greatest risk here is handing collateral over to a shady lender.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
escrow.dude

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:59:39 PM

I don't see any problems with this loan request. He has collateral in the form of assets in Havelock Investments. Unless I'm misinterpreting what Havelock is (and I very well may be), the greatest risk here is handing collateral over to a shady lender.
As long as it is possible to transfer ownership of havelock investments then the loan should be acceptable. I have never used havelock so I am not sure, but a quick look at their website doesn't explicitly say it is possible, and it is hard to determine their account recovery policies (to make sure the OP can't contact havelock saying his account was hacked and have his account reverted back to him.
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:04:21 PM

Thank you for the advice, I would only transfer shares or other property to extremely reputable lenders, otherwise I would use escrow.

I have contacted Havelock to find if it is possible to transfer shares between accounts, I have never done this before.
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=725554.0

Here you are buying upto 7 BTC, now you are asking loan of 2.5 BTC.
I am very confuse, either you don't need loan or your buying thread is fake.

Think harder.
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:14:43 PM

Thank you for the advice, I would only transfer shares or other property to extremely reputable lenders, otherwise I would use escrow.

I have contacted Havelock to find if it is possible to transfer shares between accounts, I have never done this before.

I will provide this loan contingent upon your ability to transfer ownership of those shares to me or an escrow.

I'm waiting to hear back from Havelock about transfering shares between accounts. Do you have an escrow in mind?
Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:33:14 PM

I will provide this loan contingent upon your ability to transfer ownership of those shares to me or an escrow.
Be sure to post details in this thread as I think the community would be interested in the outcome of the transaction. I am also curious as to how liquid the OP's shares are to protect the lender from a crash.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

For any potential lenders, I would first do some full research on Havelock as collateral. I've seen someone on the forum mention that havelock shares are not easily transferable. Someone else also requested a loan from me, also offering Havelock as collateral, however I refused it simply because I was familiar with Havelock, and had no desire to learn about it just to hold it as collateral.

So make sure you do your research on: 1) how easy it is to transfer back and forth, 2) how hard is it to be reversed, 3) how fast it can be sold in case of a default.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:44:18 AM

The spammers don't understand... They love posting :-/

@OP I can fund this loan partially, please PM me your collateral.
justbtcme

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:45:44 AM

The spammers don't understand... They love posting :-/

@OP I can fund this loan partially, please PM me your collateral.

I'm willing to cover the rest of the loan if needed. Provided my above mentioned conditions are met.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 12:46:06 AM

For any potential lenders, I would first do some full research on Havelock as collateral. I've seen someone on the forum mention that havelock shares are not easily transferable. Someone else also requested a loan from me, also offering Havelock as collateral, however I refused it simply because I was familiar with Havelock, and had no desire to learn about it just to hold it as collateral.

So make sure you do your research on: 1) how easy it is to transfer back and forth, 2) how hard is it to be reversed, 3) how fast it can be sold in case of a default.

Really?  I've accepted things like AM1 as collateral, it worked fine... I thought the shares were unrevesersable?
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:53:17 AM

Just heard back from them, Havelock shares can be easily and irreversably transfered between accounts. I only need the email for the account I am transfering to.

I have contacted a couple escrow providers to try and find one who will do it with these shares.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:21:46 AM

pm sent

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:58:45 AM

Hey thanks everyone who contributed to this thread and/or made offers, especially those of you I have worked out deals with.

I have nearly hit my 2.5BTC goal, but it looks like I may still be .3 or .35 BTC short. If anyone else wants to lend 0.35 and get 0.42 back on the 19th, please PM me tonight.
justbtcme

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:05:59 AM

Hey thanks everyone who contributed to this thread and/or made offers, especially those of you I have worked out deals with.

I have nearly hit my 2.5BTC goal, but it looks like I may still be .3 or .35 BTC short. If anyone else wants to lend 0.35 and get 0.42 back on the 19th, please PM me tonight.

Just to be clear, did you mean the 19th of this month or October?

I have lined up most of the loan already, only need another 0.35 to hit 2.5. If you want to do that I will repay 0.42 on the 19th of October.

My address: 1BwqeDf95A8rec76p7mtBp365AFdUERcaD
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:21:14 AM

Sorry bud getting tired, I meant to say August. Repayment will be on the 19th of August, 2014.
justbtcme

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:23:22 AM

Lenders, please post confirmation for sake of transparency.
BlackHeartFund (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:31:55 AM

As I said I'm not going to name the lenders until they give me permission, or post here themselves. They are welcome to do that, I would prefer it, but if they don't want to be named publicly that is their prerogative. The biggest single chunk of it will be completed in the morning, I will request that the lender post here. Same thing with those who provided .5, if they would like to post their tx ID and repayment address in this thread that would be ideal. If they want to keep their names out of these threads I have no problem with that either.

justbtcme I will assume that your .35 loan has been withdrawn for now, not a big problem and thanks for your time. I will check back in the morning and see what the situation is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: