Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin full node connections dropping  (Read 2376 times)
lordpsion (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

I am running a full node with Bitcoin-qt on an ubuntu server (ARM based). The node seems to spin up fine and will start receiving incoming connections. I believe I have seen upwards to about 60 incoming connections. The problem is that after a couple of days the incoming connections will start to drop off. If I reboot my router (Asus RT-AC66U) then it will begin to receive incoming connections, yet after another couple of days they start to drop once again.

If I check the status of my node at https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/#join-the-network, initially it will say that my node is up. When the connections begin to drop then that site will report that it can no longer connect to my node. Rebooting the router and it can connect once more.

Can anyone give me some insight on what is happening and perhaps a way to correct this problem? I would like to continue running a full node but don't feel like bumping my router ever few days to do so.

Thanks.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 07:39:11 AM

I suspect that your router is not dropping TCP connections*, thus clogging up the NAT table. Do you have a way to lower TCP timeout? 

* Note: connections as in TCP connections, not the number of peers you have a connection to

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Bank Of Bitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:02:32 AM

I suspect that your router is not dropping TCP connections*, thus clogging up the NAT table. Do you have a way to lower TCP timeout? 

* Note: connections as in TCP connections, not the number of peers you have a connection to
i think thats about psu he used before timeout makesure you put in right place.
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:48:26 PM

I am running a full node with Bitcoin-qt on an ubuntu server (ARM based). The node seems to spin up fine and will start receiving incoming connections. I believe I have seen upwards to about 60 incoming connections. The problem is that after a couple of days the incoming connections will start to drop off. If I reboot my router (Asus RT-AC66U) then it will begin to receive incoming connections, yet after another couple of days they start to drop once again.

If I check the status of my node at https://getaddr.bitnodes.io/#join-the-network, initially it will say that my node is up. When the connections begin to drop then that site will report that it can no longer connect to my node. Rebooting the router and it can connect once more.

Can anyone give me some insight on what is happening and perhaps a way to correct this problem? I would like to continue running a full node but don't feel like bumping my router ever few days to do so.

Thanks.

Interesting problem. When you say the connections start to drop off, how low does the connection count go?

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
lordpsion (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:50:49 PM

I've seen it get down to 8 incoming before I have bumped the router. I would assume that even those would eventually drop off as well given time.

The NAT table filling up is kinda what I suspect as well. I'm going to check with Asus to see if there is a way to timeout the connections.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: