Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will the next Bitcoin/Altcoin rally start  (Read 826 times)
randayh (OP)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

Any guesses on what month the rally will start?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:56:36 PM

You can't really know this, it is rather all just speculation. It could come any month. If we suddenly get hit by good news it just might (Google/Amazon accepting BTC maybe, ETF).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

At this moment, no matter how good the news seem the price doesn't move, or atleast not upwards. So amazon news would probably crash the price down to 500 $ :p

This spot for rent.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:46:08 AM

Just curious...how would we know it there was a rally in altcoins? Seems like we all judge for ourselves based on the coins we own.  But with 900+ coins, there isn't anything of which I am aware that gives a wide look at the total market. Maybe my portfolio is awesome compared to the market. Maybe I am leaving opportunity on the table.

I have 6 indexes of my own creation that I have created that I am trying to track and test, but I am limited by a lack of historical info. It is really pissing me off that I can't find anything suitable.

I found something called the DAC500 that purports to be an index, but
1) it only seems to update once every 24 hours, and
2) the index is 95% weighted to just bitcoin, litecoin, and ripple (which I really don't get why ripple is as high as it is) which basically makes it fairly useless. Might as well just track the BTC price.

Also found something called UltraCoin Cryptocurrency Index, but it hasn't updated in months and BTC is heavily weighted.

How do you gauge the market?
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:47:58 AM

Just curious...how would we know it there was a rally in altcoins? Seems like we all judge for ourselves based on the coins we own.  But with 900+ coins, there isn't anything of which I am aware that gives a wide look at the total market. Maybe my portfolio is awesome compared to the market. Maybe I am leaving opportunity on the table.

I have 6 indexes of my own creation that I have created that I am trying to track and test, but I am limited by a lack of historical info. It is really pissing me off that I can't find anything suitable.

I found something called the DAC500 that purports to be an index, but
1) it only seems to update once every 24 hours, and
2) the index is 95% weighted to just bitcoin, litecoin, and ripple (which I really don't get why ripple is as high as it is) which basically makes it fairly useless. Might as well just track the BTC price.

Also found something called UltraCoin Cryptocurrency Index, but it hasn't updated in months and BTC is heavily weighted.

How do you gauge the market?

You can probally tell a Bitcoin rally by an increased Bitcoin market cap.
You can probally tell a Altcoin rally by an increased overall altcoin market cap.

Both infos can be found on coinmarketcap.com

This spot for rent.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:08:37 AM

That is a great site. I use it a lot. But without history, it is hard to compare my portfolio over, say, 7 days or 30 days. I don't remember what the market cap was this morning, much less what it was on, say, July 8th, when I opened several positions.
DannyElfman

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:16:12 AM

That is a great site. I use it a lot. But without history, it is hard to compare my portfolio over, say, 7 days or 30 days. I don't remember what the market cap was this morning, much less what it was on, say, July 8th, when I opened several positions.

I am sure there is a site that tracks all those stats. Just need to search for it.

This spot for rent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: