Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Alpha Technologies Viper 50 MH/s 4.5 BTC  (Read 1806 times)
jgm_coin (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:31:04 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 09:28:00 PM by jgm_coin

I am selling my alpha-technologies Viper 50 MH/s preorder for 4.5 BTC.  I will ship the miner to you as soon as I receive it.  

Pre-orders are now closed so this is one way for you to get in batch one.

PM for more information.

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

Still hoping to sell this - message me with offers

Rent out your rig for up to 100% more than you can mine http://tinyurl.com/lc5axo2
ccollectables

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:30:21 AM

50mh is significantly less that 4.5btc at current market rate,  are you still asking the same thing or are you open to offers that would be closer to actual ROI capable.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 12:41:29 AM

The OP's hash rate should have been increased along with other batch one customers unless something has changed, but 4.5 is still high and this is probably only for the down-payment to transfer the order.  Most of the customers did not pay for the full order as a show of "good faith."

brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 03:41:00 AM

I am selling my alpha-technologies Viper 50 MH/s preorder for 4.5 BTC.  I will ship the miner to you as soon as I receive it.  

PM for more information.

Zoomhash is selling 46Mh for under 500 bucks shipping now.  This preorder is probably never going to ship (how overdue is AT now?).  Whats your *real* price, keeping in mind that no one cares what you paid, we only care what it is actually worth?
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 06:57:03 PM by jgm_coin

PM for more information.

Zoomhash is selling 46Mh for under 500 bucks shipping now.  This preorder is probably never going to ship (how overdue is AT now?).  Whats your *real* price, keeping in mind that no one cares what you paid, we only care what it is actually worth?

Make an offer.  Their miner still should be the most efficient scrypt ASIC out there at about 7w/MH (360w/50 MH) compared to 1000w/44 MH= over 20w/MH, so this miner should be profitable much longer than the competition

brian_23452

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:06:49 PM

PM for more information.

Make an offer.  Their miner still should be the most efficient scrypt ASIC out there at about 7w/MH (360w/50 MH) compared to 1000w/44 MH= over 20w/MH, so this miner should be profitable much longer than the competition

Electricity consumption is a non starter; it's like a dollar a day difference so maybe 150 dollars total over the course of the product's useful life.  If you're willing to use escrow, I'll offer 0.4 BTC if it ships by COB September 30. 
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:30:23 AM

PM for more information.

Electricity consumption is a non starter; it's like a dollar a day difference so maybe 150 dollars total over the course of the product's useful life.  If you're willing to use escrow, I'll offer 0.4 BTC if it ships by COB September 30. 

$1/day for 600w?  600w X 24 Hr = 14.4 kW per day * 0.3 = $4.50/day if you live in california.  Sure, there are always people who can mine their equipment for free but we are talking about 1/2 the cost so at least 4x the usable duration

brian_23452

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 05:31:12 AM

But your product doesn't actually exist yet, so we don't really know what it's power consumption is do we?  After all, those zeus machines that consume 1000 watts were supposed to use one quarter of that too, according to what zeus promised right up until the last minute.

Look, at the end of the day, you are selling hash for 4 and a half times the going rate.  Lower power consumption, even if it happens (and there is no guaranteeing it will) is never going to make up for that no matter what one pays for electricity, especially when you consider that your product won't start actually mining for at least another month, minimum.  Coupled with the fact that your product doesn't even exist yet, and, as anyone who has followed AT knows probably never will exist (they are way overdue and don't even have their chips or a final design done yet). 

If the product does actually ship by the end of the month, and does actually consume 400 watts, they are worth between one half and one bitcoin.  Given that neither of those things are even close to certain I think my conditional offer of .4btc is quite generous.  If you don't, well good luck with the sale. 
jgm_coin (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:20:22 AM

But your product doesn't actually exist yet, so we don't really know what it's power consumption is do we?  After all, those zeus machines that consume 1000 watts were supposed to use one quarter of that too, according to what zeus promised right up until the last minute.

Look, at the end of the day, you are selling hash for 4 and a half times the going rate.  Lower power consumption, even if it happens (and there is no guaranteeing it will) is never going to make up for that no matter what one pays for electricity, especially when you consider that your product won't start actually mining for at least another month, minimum.  Coupled with the fact that your product doesn't even exist yet, and, as anyone who has followed AT knows probably never will exist (they are way overdue and don't even have their chips or a final design done yet). 

If the product does actually ship by the end of the month, and does actually consume 400 watts, they are worth between one half and one bitcoin.  Given that neither of those things are even close to certain I think my conditional offer of .4btc is quite generous.  If you don't, well good luck with the sale. 

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your interest and excellent articulation.  I decline your offer.

Thank you

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: