Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Surface pro 2 and antminer s3 setup  (Read 2125 times)
GrandMasterB (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:58:09 AM

I followed Doge guide but cant talk to miner. The DNS default of the SP2 is 192.168.0.1
I dont have an ethernet cable on the SP2 so im not sure how i am supposed to get the local area connection and change ipv4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:08:25 AM

You surface usually gets the ip address and DNS from your wifi hotspot, and those settings allow you to access the internet. You don't need to change them at all for mining.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
GrandMasterB (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:04:16 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 09:01:42 AM by GrandMasterB

well I got it working...for a minute. Soon as I flipped it to DHCP protocol it just sat there. now I can't even access the damn thing. it's a brick Sad

Did a factory reset. Went in. Changed to DHCP, clicked change protocol. Worked fine. Clicked save/apply per Doge's guide and it freezes again.

The problem seems to be whenever I hit "Save and Apply". I changed to DHCP, clicked "change protocol" and then left. I set up my mining addresses and tried save/apply and it all froze again.

I get stuck at LuCI - Lua Configuration Interface. Anyone have any idea what is happening?
jowaybea

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:13:02 PM

well I got it working...for a minute. Soon as I flipped it to DHCP protocol it just sat there. now I can't even access the damn thing. it's a brick Sad

Did a factory reset. Went in. Changed to DHCP, clicked change protocol. Worked fine. Clicked save/apply per Doge's guide and it freezes again.

The problem seems to be whenever I hit "Save and Apply". I changed to DHCP, clicked "change protocol" and then left. I set up my mining addresses and tried save/apply and it all froze again.

I get stuck at LuCI - Lua Configuration Interface. Anyone have any idea what is happening?

When you change it to DHCP the S3 is getting a new IP address from your DHCP server (router).  That means you need to figure out what that IP address is by logging into your router and seeing what IP was assigned.  Would need to know more about your network to help more.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:43:17 PM

I suggest using static IP's.  Set it to something you know.  It is a lot easier in long run to have static IP's if you have multiple miners.
jowaybea

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:05:58 PM

I suggest using static IP's.  Set it to something you know.  It is a lot easier in long run to have static IP's if you have multiple miners.

Also a good idea, as it's what I have done with my own 4 miners.  Of course it does take a certain amount of understanding about the details of his own local network to get everything right.
GrandMasterB (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:21:36 PM

I had one of those going to sleep with an idea moments and woke up to get a response from Doge in his setup thread. The miner Hostname was not "antminer" but blank. I didn't erase it. I thought "antminer" was default. Basically I never went to the right address because I didn't know it was staring me in the face Tongue

Not sure how I'd manage this on my surface pro 2. It looks like I can buy a USB -> Ethernet adapter for a few bucks so I can stop using this clunky old laptop I pulled out of a closet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: