Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:01:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VAULT | NIST5 POW/POS | PARABOLIC MINING | 8/12/14 STATUS UPDATE  (Read 49486 times)
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:36:55 AM

I did some reviewing of the code - its simply a big mess - looks like a scrypt clone with replaced hashing function. Probably a very old ppcoin fork or so..

It will probably fork ever again as PoW/PoS is flawed in this version(s).

Simple checks are missing/modified (Coinbase pays too much etc.)

I'll put a notice on my pool and shut it down shortly - Dev will recommend to move to pool.mn anyway ;-)

I just put a warning message on my pool , is still up but i warn users that they mine on they own risk

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:37:54 AM

I did some reviewing of the code - its simply a big mess - looks like a scrypt clone with replaced hashing function. Probably a very old ppcoin fork or so..

I'll put a notice on my pool and shut it down shortly - Dev will recommend to move to pool.mn anyway ;-)

I just put a warning message on my pool , is still up but i warn users that they mine on they own risk

I've just shut my down.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
scorpio18
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:40:27 AM

I've just shut my down.

I will copy the message from your pool and put on my pool to and i will shut down mine to

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:41:24 AM

I've just shut my down.

I will copy the message from your pool and put on my pool to and i will shut down mine to

Maybe you should wait until the next fork occurs.. Not sure..

scorpio18
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:44:16 AM

I've just shut my down.

Maybe you should wait until the next fork occurs.. Not sure..

If i'm not on the pc when the fork occurs i will lose again coins , 3 blocks i deleted and my pool got on the wrong fork.

Right now there ar 2 forks on the network , pool.mn one and second dedicate

leo0808

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:49:08 AM

hey guys, What is the normal hashrate for a 7950 and a 6950 in this Alg?
I am getting 10mhs for 7950 and 6.75 mhs for the 6950
7950 ~4.1 MHash (4 Threads / intensity 15)
How do you get 10 MHash Huh Shocked
sgminer.exe -k nist5 -o stratum+tcp:// --intensity 19 -g 4 -w 128 --gpu-engine 830,1100,1100,1030,1100 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-powertune 10 --temp-overheat 70 --auto-fan --temp-target 68 --temp-cutoff 95

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. StUbfgJiXT8gH2jaEwT1K6YPJSGqtBEn8e
***GlowCoin (http://GlowCoin.pw)***
BTC:131fwPz54QNgmubGyjW5BmuzwmkW81W2Gf
czvezda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:53:07 AM

So there are 2 or 3 forks on the network right now , look at dedicate pool and pool.mn and suprnova , my pool was on other fork to , i resync the wallet with pool.mn so we need dev to tell us which is the right fork

EDIT: The block explorer from op is down

Thank you for making us aware of this, we're working to restore the network. The pool.mn fork is the correct one, please use this.

We're hoping to put another block explorer online as the developer for the current one is having hosting issues.

I'm not wondering that this is correct fork.. Since this coin started everything was "pool.mn"...
Please, don't accuse us. I am quite surprised that the dev made a call that our fork is the correct one and not the dedicated. I am not sure how to proceed, probably shutting down the pool would be the best thing to do. Dev, how should we proceed?
entervault (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:04:49 AM

So there are 2 or 3 forks on the network right now , look at dedicate pool and pool.mn and suprnova , my pool was on other fork to , i resync the wallet with pool.mn so we need dev to tell us which is the right fork

Thank you for making us aware of this, we're working to restore the network. The pool.mn fork is the correct one, please use this.

We're hoping to put another block explorer online as the developer for the current one is having hosting issues.

I'm not wondering that this is correct fork.. Since this coin started everything was "pool.mn"...
Please, don't accuse us. I am quite surprised that the dev made a call that our fork is the correct one and not the dedicated. I am not sure how to proceed, probably shutting down the pool would be the best thing to do. Dev, how should we proceed?

We're investigating the issue now. Your pool is synchronised with the seed node and our dedicated pool though so, as far as we're concerned, it is on the "correct" fork.

As for the issues ocminer raised, we believe these to be FUD. As you can see, suprnova rented a large NIST5 mining rig at launch (https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7086/) and we believe they are trying to get a large percentage of the second half of the mining parabola by spreading distrust. This is further called into question when you look at the praise he has given Vaultcoin initially, it seems like he's trying to establish a large holding to profit. Our PoW checking code is identical to the most recent version of PPCoin and currently we're not running in "hybrid mode", there is a 3-day pure PoW period before PoS begins. Please treat his claims with caution.
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:08:27 AM

We're investigating the issue now. Your pool is synchronised with the seed node and our dedicated pool though so, as far as we're concerned, it is on the "correct" fork.

As for the issues ocminer raised, we believe these to be FUD. As you can see, suprnova rented a large NIST5 mining rig at launch (https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7086/) and we believe they are trying to get a large percentage of the second half of the mining parabola by spreading distrust. This is further called into question when you look at the praise he has given Vaultcoin initially, it seems like he's trying to establish a large holding to profit. Our PoW checking code is identical to the most recent version of PPCoin and currently we're not running in "hybrid mode", there is a 3-day pure PoW period before PoS begins. Please treat his claims with caution.
Firstly, ocminer is a trusted member and I doubt that he would do anything close to what you are saying. Even if he was renting rigs it was not to highjack the coin but probably to get his pool going.
Secondly, dedicatedpool.com is usually the largest pool and we are on two different forks. This should be resolved asap.
entervault (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:12:28 AM

Thank you for your comment, we're investigating the issue with this in mind. In the event that ocminers claims are correct an apology is in order!

Please bear with us
entervault (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:25:26 AM

We have found an issue with our PoW checking code that results in an incorrect fork getting stuck when trying to re-organise to a longer chain. We are rebuilding fixed binaries and hope to hard fork effective from a few hours time at block 1150.
scorpio18
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:33:27 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 11:48:48 AM by scorpio18

We have found an issue with our PoW checking code that results in an incorrect fork getting stuck when trying to re-organise to a longer chain. We are rebuilding fixed binaries and hope to hard fork effective from a few hours time at block 1150.

i hope this will fix the problem Smiley , just let us know whe you finish updating the  wallet

entervault (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:41:22 AM

Right now i'm updating with the new updates , i hope this will fix the problem Smiley , the pool will be back online in 10 min

Please do not build until we post a release on GitHub. The code is not final until this point. We'll be committing a checkpoint shortly too, to prevent forking and the correct chain. The binaries will follow shortly.
scorpio18
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

Right now i'm updating with the new updates , i hope this will fix the problem Smiley , the pool will be back online in 10 min

Please do not build until we post a release on GitHub. The code is not final until this point. We'll be committing a checkpoint shortly too, to prevent forking and the correct chain. The binaries will follow shortly.

OK , i'm waiting until you finish updating

entervault (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:53:42 AM

OK , i'm waiting until you finish updating

Thanks for your co-operation, we're trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:54:33 AM

I dont See any Apologies yet.

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:02:38 PM

Had to quote this as it is so ridiculous.. 

ibfragalot2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

First account stolen, in traditional BCT fashion!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:16:16 PM

^^^ Agreed. There's is absolutely nothing wrong with apologizing, it doesn't happen enough around here.

Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:17:50 PM

You guys need to know a little more about the community before actually opening your mouth.

ocminer is trusted in this community and as soon as you put out a post like that, you really lost any credibility. Then come to find out there is something totally wrong.

It didn't dawn on you as quite a big clue, when you had all kinds of people mining their own forks at launch? It didn't raise a red flag there?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

Tbh i would have even helped fixing things if they just asked..  (for free)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: