Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's used Bitwasp?  (Read 1174 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:41:41 AM

So I really wanted to create some kind of fairly permanent backup marketplace because Bitcoin payment processors are having so many problems with different countries and so on it's ridiculous and I started rage searching after getting very frustrated and finally found Bitwasp.

https://bitwasp.co/

Based off the old Silkroad code it seems perfect for what I want to do but has anyone here actually used it? The interface looks very simple and that's great but I want to know how well it will cope with digital downloads and so on, as someone building everything from scratch I'm already sick of the idea of my existence being reliant on third parties.

Say if I wanted to host the SCI on my website and sell a .pdf file would that be possible?
fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:51:39 PM

Glad I have google alerts turned on for this sort of stuff  I'm working through the last few things on the to do list, launching bitwasp.co's own marketplace in the next few weeks.

It wasn't based in SilkRoads code - although I'm sure they too used codeigniter. Its got a simple no frills interface, but uses a full node/bip32/multisig to take care of your funds, and a few different ways of carrying it out depending in whether you trust javascript.. I haven't taken the test site off mainnet since I moved to multisig, because I have coins to test with and I trust the code 100% at this stage. I couldn't say the same for the version that had the live wallet.

To answer your question on digital files, I haven't set up anything yet that would automatically send files to someone after payment, but it could be done easily enough. I can look into that if you like, but if you wanted to do it manually, your good to go, ish- let me sort those couple of bits and I'd be happy to help you set up then?

Bitwasp Developer.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:50:49 AM

Oh right, I was under the impression it was the same sort of thing.

It would be great if you could but also one thing that is desperately needed on that piece of software is to make it way more user friendly with the installation, I did have a look at it and I've installed things like Ubercart before as well as other scripts but I could not understand shit. I can completely understand why it's so complicated right now though because it is pre-alpha practically so there's no rush or anything, I just think we need far more independent options for Bitcoin merchants because payment processors are just so unreliable right now and there are so many restrictive rules regarding them.

There's no rush at all though, it would just be something nice to do and hell, it would probably encourage way more merchants.
Sopap

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:49:21 PM

I haven't heard of bitwasp, but I know that https://coinclub.io/ is pretty good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: