Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible Warning about Scam?  (Read 873 times)
ysegb10 (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

Hello BTCTalk users,
We think there maybe someone out there that's sending e-mails and claiming to be BitcoinTalk however our suspicions were raised when we saw that the e-mail came from this address:

bitcointalk.ads@gmail.com

We can confirm that this address is existing on Google Mail at the minute when we checked via Verify Email, a site that allows you to verify an e-mail address. Here's the results for that:

MX record about gmail.com exists.
Connection succeeded to alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com SMTP.
220 mx.google.com ESMTP lk7si2898840wic.68 - gsmtp

> HELO verify-email.org
250 mx.google.com at your service

> MAIL FROM: <check@verify-email.org>
=250 2.1.0 OK lk7si2898840wic.68 - gsmtp

> RCPT TO: <bitcointalk.ads@gmail.com>
=250 2.1.5 OK lk7si2898840wic.68 - gsmtp

In regards to what the e-mail was regarding it was Advertising on BitcoinTalk. Usually when we recieve an e-mail from BitcoinTalk it has their domain in it, as well as other details verifying its IP address and so on. It seems that these scandalous emails about advertising are still somewhat apparent. So everyone keep an eye out! Strangely enough we got one from a scammer pretending to be Coindesk a few weeks back and even that one was about Advertising too...

Thanks again,
ArbiInnovate Online GB

Myles - Team Leader, ArbiInnovate Online GB
ArbiInnovate Webspaces - http://webspaces.ysegb.co.uk
Bitrated user: aionlinegb15.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:47:37 PM

I got one of these emails today...

I played along, but after they saw which business I wanted the add for, they told me they weren't interested in selling me an add
Bwhahahahahaha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: