Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:33:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale - Turnkey Bitcoin dice website - Be up and ready to go in minutes.  (Read 888 times)
costadave (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:01:38 PM

I have been working for the past few months on a Bitcoin dice site inspired by sites like SatoshiCircle.  The site is finished, but I have been presented with another opportunity, so I am offering it for sale for the best offer.  The purchaser will receive immediate access to all source code in the GitHub repository and will be granted exclusive, full rights to the site.  It can be licensed or resold or whatever you like, and I will not use the site nor sell it to anyone else.

The design and name were never intended to be permanent, but the buyer is welcome to use them.  I’m actually rather pleased with how the design turned out, although the name could probably be a bit more clever.  This sale does not include a domain name, so I guess it's not completely turnkey, but $10 will fix that. 

http://bitcoinpokerdice.eu5.org/

This is a free hosting service that I used for a few reasons:

• I didn’t want to pay for another server instance.
  • I don’t have a suitable domain name for it.
  • It demonstrates that the site will run on even a shared hosting provider.  The site does not require a dedicated server or a bitcoind node and instead uses Blockchain.info’s wallet API, so it will run well on most < $10/month hosting services.  The only server requirements are mySQL and PHP with curl and BC Math.

It is true that you get what you pay for, so hopefully this host will hold up and not be too slow.  Also, the “index.php” in the URL would not be there on a production server, but I didn’t want to make the effort to hide it for this.

For this demo site, everybody gets 2 BTC to play with.  This is not real BTC and cannot be withdrawn!  If you really feel like depositing bitcoin, we’ll just count it as a donation Smiley

This site was built using AngularJS, Bootstrap, Codeigniter, Bower, and Grunt.  It is lightweight and loads only one minified javascript file, one minified stylesheet, one font, four tiny mp3’s, and seven small images.  To load the whole thing takes about 335K, and will load even faster on subsequent visits due to caching.

Features
  • Provably fair - This can probably go without saying since that it is expected of these sites to be fair and provably so.  The initial dice array is randomized with a server generated seed and hashed.  The hash is provided to the user before the game begins and the final rolls are generated from that initial array randomized from client provided seeds.  The user is then provided with proof and a easy script they can run on their own computer to prove the game was fair.  The user can also provide the client seeds if they wish.
  • Anonymous - The site is anonymous and requires no information to play.  Eash user is assigned a unique URL that they can use to access their account.  I was working to add password and 2fa protection before I decided to try to sell, so if that's something the buyer is interested in, I could have it in place fairly quickly.
  • Latest technologies - The site was designed to work just as well on any size screen and be as lightweight as possible.  The entire site uses only a handful of images and is designed to load very quickly even with a poor internet connection.
  • Instant deposits and withdrawals.  The site uses Blockchain.info’s wallet API and requires nothing more than a Blockchain identifier and password.  There is a configurable limit for automated withdrawals and anything over the limit can be manually approved.
  • Easily re-skinnable  - Since the site was designed with Bootstrap, it is a fairly simple matter to radically change the design by just changing the CSS file.
  • Everything is easily configurable.  The site name, payouts, max bet, everything.
    Affiliate program - Incentivize users to drive traffic to the site by paying a percentage of profits for every user they bring.  The percentage is of course configurable.

Benefits
  • Free installation - The site was purposely designed for ease of deployment.  It does not require a bitcoind client running and so it can run on even a shared host like GoDaddy or some other cheap hosting solution.  I will install the site on one server for the purchaser for free.
  • Warranty - I guarantee site site against defects in workmanship for three months.  Any bugs discovered during that time will be corrected promptly and for free.  At the buyer’s option, we can work out a longer Service Agreement.  We can also discuss enhancements and feature requests for an added cost.
  • Flexibility - This game could be easily replicated as a video poker or Yahtzee type game.  In fact, it started out as Yahtzee before I decided that Poker Dice was more gambler friendly.

Screenshots

Here is an album that shows the app at various screen sizes.  It should work on just about anything that has a somewhat modern browser.

https://imgur.com/a/7c5Tc

If you are interested, please make me an offer!

Of course, you can pay in bitcoin and I am prepared to transfer everything to the buyer within 24 hours.  If you have any questions or comments, please either leave them here or send me a personal message.  If you’d like to correspond by encrypted email, send me a PM with your public key and I’ll send you an email right away.

Thanks

P.S.  I don't have all the devices I would like to test it on every possible screen size, so if you see something that doesn't fit or look right, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:03:59 PM

Wow, this looks rather polished. Just tested the site with the 2 BTC. Are you a freelancer or did you find someone else to code this?

lmao
costadave (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:09:38 PM

Thanks! I've been a web developer for about 15 years and a freelancer for the last five.  I wrote all the code myself.
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

Thanks! I've been a web developer for about 15 years and a freelancer for the last five.  I wrote all the code myself.

Well this site looks very impressive and I hope you can fetch a good price for it. All the best. If you want, I can contact you when I need some sites done.

lmao
costadave (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:17:18 PM

Well this site looks very impressive and I hope you can fetch a good price for it. All the best. If you want, I can contact you when I need some sites done.

Thanks again.  I am always looking for extra work, so absolutely let me know if you need anything done.  Especially if it's bitcoin related!
nosdi26

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:07:08 PM

im interested in this, pm me for your price
Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: