Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining 'Neptune'  (Read 1376 times)
Luckyyy (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:55:53 PM

Hello all!

I have one question.

I start mining today on BTC Guild with my new KNC Neptune Miner. The hash rate is 3,085.38 GH/s and begin of mining is 7 hours ago.

But i only earned 0.00516819 Bitcoin. Can anyone help me ?

Thank you!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:12:37 PM

Ask your question in the BTCGuild thread for an official answer.

But the short answer is "variance". If the pool has a run of bad luck then your earnings will be less than anticipated. It's completely normal and expected for all pools to have periods of bad luck.

You also have a charge-up period before the pool begins to payout. This is also normal and does not affect your earnings over time.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:26:25 PM

There's an entire support section on BTC Guild related to the PPLNS, and a section devoted to the Charge-Up/Wind-Down periods that all PPLNS systems have.

When you first start any PPLNS pool, your rewards do not increase rapidly since you do not have shares in the entire 'N-shares' window.  BUT, if you stopped mining at any point, you continue getting paid until your recent submissions have left the 'N-shares' window.  There is no loss, it's simply due to how PPLNS works.  It is a time-delayed payment method, shares get paid multiple times until they have matured.

But the short answer is "variance". If the pool has a run of bad luck then your earnings will be less than anticipated. It's completely normal and expected for all pools to have periods of bad luck.

With only 7 hours of mining done, variance isn't the answer in this case.  Variance is why your rewards might be much higher or much lower than expected.  This user hasn't even had a share reach maturity yet, so there isn't even an opportunity to compare expectation vs actual reward.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:05:40 PM

Hmmm, I thought the original post stated that he had been mining for a longer period of time than 7 hours. Maybe I misread.
GrandMasterB

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:19:50 AM

I freaked a little bit as well when I first joined BTCguild. You don't get your full payment for a share until the 11'th hour I think. Your shares continue to pay out after you disconnect for a bit. Probably a common n00b mistake.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: