Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin STILL has the highest number of ACTIVE ADDRESSES of all the altcoins.  (Read 3503 times)
aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:59:07 PM

I can remove over 15000 DOGE addresses by sending my p2pool payouts to a single address. "Active" addresses doesn't mean shit. It means even less when idiots are tipping five DOGE to each other.

I "removed" over 1500 LTC addresses just a few weeks ago, and I can easily make another 50k LTC addresses by sending 0.001 LTC to 50k different addresses. With 0.001 LTC in each address, they'd likely still have a higher balance than most of those DOGE addresses.

Anyone using the "tons of active addresses means the coin is thriving!" argument has the IQ of what the majority of those addresses have for a balance: about 10.

First off, tipping happens off of the blockchain, so those addresses would not be included in the link to the data I posted.  Your IQ must not be that high if you couldn't realize that.

You made my point against yourself all on your own.

The active addresses does mean something when you make the assumption that there are people like you in every coin.

I'm sure there are others who make and remove tons of addresses for every coin.  Why would you think that you are special?

Great job wasting money on transaction fees by sending 0.001LTC to 50,000 addresses, must be a really high IQ you have....

Here is another one for you to look over: http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/sentbyaddress-ltc-doge.html#1y

Number of unique addresses sending coins per day.  Still the highest of all altcoins.

I guess it must just be a botnet making addresses and sending coins at a loss of transaction fees every day since Dogecoin's inception?

Dogecoin's tx fees were so low at the beginning (and still are now) that it caused massive bloat in the blockchain (your link proves this). Yes, people were sending extremely worthless tips over the blockchain and paying no fees; you can still send meaningless tips with low to no fee. People still send idiotic tips to each other over the blockchain. Every time one of those moronic tips are sent, a new change address is created with another idiotically small amount of coins in it. I know from experience that most tips on reddit or IRC tip bots are withdrawn within 24 hours, even if it's a meaningless 2 cent tip (like most Dogecoin tips).

You should probably get your head out of your ass.

How do you KNOW the dogetipbot or IRC users withdraw their coins within 24 hours?  Did you just make that up? You talked to 6 people?

What point are you trying to make?  You just told me that people use dogecoin for tipping.  Why does the amount of coins in each transaction bother you so much?

The average transaction value is ~$200 USD. http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactionvalue-doge.html#1y
I would love to know the median and mode though.
Your head is so far up your ass that you can't seem to understand that all those new addresses that you have a boner for are full of worthless amounts of coins. I can also tip 0.001 to 1000 people every day and get tens of thousands of new addresses with balances on the blockchain. I can also remove the balance of tens of thousands of addresses by sending all of the coins gathered in thousands of my addresses into one address.

The amount of addresses with active balances doesn't mean anything. Ten thousand people with one address each can be using the coin, or it could be 1000 people with 10 addresses each. The reality is that Dogecoin isn't actually used, it's tipped in meaningless values to random kids who join IRC or post on reddit--the kids withdraw the miuiscule amounts because the value of the coin and amount tipped is meaningless, and the minuscule fees are also meaningless to the people withdrawing.

Once again, get your head out of your ass before you try to talk about some topic. You are clearly uninformed and only mimic whatever useless information other dumb kids tell you. Stop doing that.

PS: I know that the majority of people withdraw any tiny amount from the bots within 24 because I run multiple tipping bots.

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:30:20 AM

Yes, highest number of addresses, but more due to the other coins incompetence than Doge's merit.

Also equality is not good with low wealth, so everyone is equal in pooverty.

thatguy3 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:24:37 AM

I can remove over 15000 DOGE addresses by sending my p2pool payouts to a single address. "Active" addresses doesn't mean shit. It means even less when idiots are tipping five DOGE to each other.

I "removed" over 1500 LTC addresses just a few weeks ago, and I can easily make another 50k LTC addresses by sending 0.001 LTC to 50k different addresses. With 0.001 LTC in each address, they'd likely still have a higher balance than most of those DOGE addresses.

Anyone using the "tons of active addresses means the coin is thriving!" argument has the IQ of what the majority of those addresses have for a balance: about 10.

First off, tipping happens off of the blockchain, so those addresses would not be included in the link to the data I posted.  Your IQ must not be that high if you couldn't realize that.

The active addresses does mean something when you make the assumption that there are people like you in every coin.

I'm sure there are others who make and remove tons of addresses for every coin.  Why would you think that you are special?

Great job wasting money on transaction fees by sending 0.001LTC to 50,000 addresses, must be a really high IQ you have....

Here is another one for you to look over: http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/sentbyaddress-ltc-doge.html#1y

Number of unique addresses sending coins per day.  Still the highest of all altcoins.

I guess it must just be a botnet making addresses and sending coins at a loss of transaction fees every day since Dogecoin's inception?

Dogecoin's tx fees were so low at the beginning (and still are now) that it caused massive bloat in the blockchain (your link proves this). Yes, people were sending extremely worthless tips over the blockchain and paying no fees; you can still send meaningless tips with low to no fee. People still send idiotic tips to each other over the blockchain. Every time one of those moronic tips are sent, a new change address is created with another idiotically small amount of coins in it. I know from experience that most tips on reddit or IRC tip bots are withdrawn within 24 hours, even if it's a meaningless 2 cent tip (like most Dogecoin tips).

How do you KNOW the dogetipbot or IRC users withdraw their coins within 24 hours?  Did you just make that up? You talked to 6 people?

What point are you trying to make?  You just told me that people use dogecoin for tipping.  Why does the amount of coins in each transaction bother you so much?

The average transaction value is ~$200 USD. http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactionvalue-doge.html#1y
Your head is so far up your ass that you can't seem to understand that all those new addresses that you have a boner for are full of worthless amounts of coins. I can also tip 0.001 to 1000 people every day and get tens of thousands of new addresses with balances on the blockchain. I can also remove the balance of tens of thousands of addresses by sending all of the coins gathered in thousands of my addresses into one address.

The amount of addresses with active balances doesn't mean anything. Ten thousand people with one address each can be using the coin, or it could be 1000 people with 10 addresses each. The reality is that Dogecoin isn't actually used, it's tipped in meaningless values to random kids who join IRC or post on reddit--the kids withdraw the miuiscule amounts because the value of the coin and amount tipped is meaningless, and the minuscule fees are also meaningless to the people withdrawing.

Once again, get your head out of your ass before you try to talk about some topic. You are clearly uninformed and only mimic whatever useless information other dumb kids tell you. Stop doing that.

PS: I know that the majority of people withdraw any tiny amount from the bots within 24 because I run multiple tipping bots.

I guess the MILLIONS of USD transacted in Dogecoin everyday is meaningless to you...  How does that amount to not actually being used?

I guess EVERY dogecoin user must be sending THOUSANDS of transactions/day, to inflate the active address numbers JUST to piss you off?  Why do you speak for all Dogecoin users?

You are straying farther and farther from your point with every post you make.

The blockchain speaks for itself, you cannot say dogecoin isn't actually "used". 

SenorDoge

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:33:27 AM

Should i get some Doge's or not? i really don't know what alt coins to invest in
aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:53:46 AM

First off, tipping happens off of the blockchain, so those addresses would not be included in the link to the data I posted.  Your IQ must not be that high if you couldn't realize that.

I'm sure there are others who make and remove tons of addresses for every coin.  Why would you think that you are special?

Number of unique addresses sending coins per day.  Still the highest of all altcoins.

How do you KNOW the dogetipbot or IRC users withdraw their coins within 24 hours?  Did you just make that up? You talked to 6 people?

What point are you trying to make?  You just told me that people use dogecoin for tipping.  Why does the amount of coins in each transaction bother you so much?

I guess the MILLIONS of USD transacted in Dogecoin everyday is meaningless to you...  How does that amount to not actually being used?

I guess EVERY dogecoin user must be sending THOUSANDS of transactions/day, to inflate the active address numbers JUST to piss you off?  Why do you speak for all Dogecoin users?

The blockchain speaks for itself, you cannot say dogecoin isn't actually "used". 

I haven't strayed from my point in any of my posts.

You are one of those idiots who was told that "AuxPoW" is being enabled in Dogecoin and that "it's not merged mining" and you believed it. Someone told you that "Dogecoin is super amazing and everyone uses it so much" because "there are more addresses than any other altcoin;" you weren't told that all of those addresses had two cents worth of coins in them, though. The only coin with more addresses is Bitcoin, and the only reason Bitcoin has so many more dust addresses is because their blockchain has been spammed with gambling dust for the last five years (thanks to fees that were too low).

You clearly don't understand the actual technology behind cryptocurrency; stop making a fool of yourself.

Should i get some Doge's or not? i really don't know what alt coins to invest in
It would be especially stupid to buy dogecoins right now. The Dogecoin network is about to fork to enable merged mining. A massive amount of Dogecoin is going to be dumped by Litecoin miners.

thatguy3 (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:59:43 PM

First off, tipping happens off of the blockchain, so those addresses would not be included in the link to the data I posted.  Your IQ must not be that high if you couldn't realize that.

I'm sure there are others who make and remove tons of addresses for every coin.  Why would you think that you are special?

Number of unique addresses sending coins per day.  Still the highest of all altcoins.

How do you KNOW the dogetipbot or IRC users withdraw their coins within 24 hours?  Did you just make that up? You talked to 6 people?

What point are you trying to make?  You just told me that people use dogecoin for tipping.  Why does the amount of coins in each transaction bother you so much?

I haven't strayed from my point in any of my posts.

You are one of those idiots who was told that "AuxPoW" is being enabled in Dogecoin and that "it's not merged mining" and you believed it. Someone told you that "Dogecoin is super amazing and everyone uses it so much" because "there are more addresses than any other altcoin;" you weren't told that all of those addresses had two cents worth of coins in them, though. The only coin with more addresses is Bitcoin, and the only reason Bitcoin has so many more dust addresses is because their blockchain has been spammed with gambling dust for the last five years (thanks to fees that were too low).

You clearly don't understand the actual technology behind cryptocurrency; stop making a fool of yourself.

It would be especially stupid to buy dogecoins right now. The Dogecoin network is about to fork to enable merged mining. A massive amount of Dogecoin is going to be dumped by Litecoin miners.

I feel like if I presented you with the same information about Litecoin, you would have a different opinion.  You have not provided any proof that the ALL active addresses have ~2 cents in them.

You also realize that 90mil Dogecoin (26BTC) is mined everyday, representing 2.5%-5% of the daily transaction volume.

That is by no means "a massive amount" and this assumes ALL mined coins will be sold, EVERYDAY.

Most coins already go to multipools, so really, not much will change.

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

Don't invest in the Doge as Doge will be forked in upcoming days and market may move either way.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:19:59 PM

These stats could be fabricated pretty easy no?
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

These stats could be fabricated pretty easy no?

Yes, they are no real indicator.

But this is an inherent problems with cryptos generell. You can easily fake transaction volumes. Not only is there always a change address, but you can just send millions of USD back and forth, pushing the volume, without really costing anything..

This spot for rent.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:42:48 PM

Damn, the "multidoge" wallet take hours to be online, one hour and still connecting.. and its the "lightwallet".. i think i will sell this shit besides its diying, there isnt a decent client wallet outhere.
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

wonder when dogevault is coming back.  Grin

lynn_402

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:17:14 PM

Don't invest in the Doge as Doge will be forked in upcoming days and market may move either way.

I believe there's more chance of the price going up. I mean, really, can it go any lower when it has been many weeks without a significant rebound?

And the spike in network security should convince a few people to invest.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:24:44 PM

why dogecoin is still scrypt? they might change it to something less "farms rape"
lynn_402

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:28:38 PM

why dogecoin is still scrypt? they might change it to something less "farms rape"

All algorithm makes a coin easily rapable by farms. GPU farms are a things, and botnets are a big problem too for some of the new algorithms.

Unless you were speaking about PoS.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:38:33 PM

All algorithm makes a coin easily rapable by farms. GPU farms are a things, and botnets are a big problem too for some of the new algorithms.

some algo are at least more energy efficient, and is certainly better to be raped from gpu farms than asic, where one guy can do a 51%
lynn_402

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:40:57 PM

some algo are at least more energy efficient, and is certainly better to be raped from gpu farms than asic, where one guy can do a 51%

ASICs are very energy efficient and getting better all the time, I don't think GPUs with any other algorithm could compete with that.

And I don't see why there wouldn't be a huge GPU farm where someone could do a 51% attack by himself.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:45:15 PM

ASICs are very energy efficient and getting better all the time, I don't think GPUs with any other algorithm could compete with that.

And I don't see why there wouldn't be a huge GPU farm where someone could do a 51% attack by himself.

are you serious? to do a 51% attack with gpu you need a mega farm(something like 40giga in gpu, even with x11 algo it's impossible to achieve for one miner), with scrypt asic you just need one asic or a small farm

there is no comparison, and the price of one asic scrypt miner, soon or later will become prohibitive for casual mining(this will only make 51% more easy cough ghash.io cough), same pattern as bitcoin
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 01:23:30 PM

damn that font is a killer.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: