Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:12:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SELL YOUR BITCOIN for 20% OVER BITSTAMP! MoneyPak, Vanilla, REloadit.  (Read 8095 times)
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:16:06 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 06:37:01 PM by Bitcoins101

^ Escrow (and contact info) for OP's offer is in the original post; he has an ad which is 100% serious:
Please trade with me on LOCALBITCOINS.COM so we both have escrow protection! https://localbitcoins.com/p/prophetmopic2/

Anybody not doing due diligence before transacting with a user like this is naive, likely immature, and foolish.

The two sources of problems are payment method and payment itself; here are some guidelines for those who lack the time and resources to do the due diligence:

Payment method:
It is not recommended to load more than two MoneyPaks to a pre-paid card in any given month. It is not recommended to load PayPal with MoneyPak. It is not recommended to withdraw the cash from an ATM within 24 hours after loading--72 hours is better. These are guidelines for avoiding payment method risk.

Seems way too cautious for someone who isn't concerned about the legal liability. Most people just wait an hour or two and don't have any issues. 2 per month is really lowballing it, too.

Payment itself:
In an escrow situation, all that should matter to you is whether the OP/buyer will compensate you in the (apparently rare) case that a charge-back DOES happen. If that info is important to you, then you can offer some BTC to the OP and request this guarantee as a condition of the trade.

You can make a reasoned decision yourself using the above information and following the guidelines.

Yeah, no. You're forgetting about the tremendous amount of risk you're taking when you're transacting large amounts of MoneyPaks from someone's "customers" onto your card. I couldn't care less about losing a few hundred bucks because someone charges back on me once in awhile - but I sure as hell care when the feds show up at my door because these were actually acquired through ransomware/eBay Motors scams/etc./etc./etc. Chargebacks cost a few hundred bucks, lawyers cost tens of thousands.

People on the deepnet sell similar volumes of reload cards at even better rates than this. However, they're selling to people who know to use prepaid cards that are not linked to their own identity. In this particular scenario, people are loading these onto prepaid cards under their own name and putting themselves at risk if these were not acquired legitimately. If these were in fact acquired legally, it's in prophetmopic's best interest to give a little more detail to reassure traders.

Judging by your own activity here, I just described you perfectly.
I am only trying to help traders make an informed choice. If you have a personal attack or judgment, there are other places for that...

I am no fool; Why would I transact with the OP when I can get legitimate reloads for a 40% premium on LBC? Don't let paranoia get in the way of logic.

I have a personal issue with people who don't pay back loans. If you're getting a 40% premium easily, how come you haven't been able to pay back haploid yet?

Buying a BTC or two at the huge markups people charge for MoneyPaks is one thing. But to the tune of like $100,000 in a month and a half? Come on, something's up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:38:30 PM

Yeah, no. You're forgetting about the tremendous amount of risk you're taking when you're transacting large amounts of MoneyPaks from someone's "customers" onto your card.
I explicitly advise against that in the "payment method" section, so I did not forget anything.

I have a personal issue with people who don't pay back loans. If you're getting a 40% premium easily, how come you haven't been able to pay back haploid yet?
If you have a personal issue, you can bring it up in the relevant place.

Buying a BTC or two at the huge markups people charge for MoneyPaks is one thing. But to the tune of like $100,000 in a month and a half? Come on, something's up.
Who is doing 100k per month? The OP? I must have missed that; could you quote it here?

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:49:44 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 07:58:34 PM by Bitcoins101

Yeah, no. You're forgetting about the tremendous amount of risk you're taking when you're transacting large amounts of MoneyPaks from someone's "customers" onto your card.
I explicitly advise against that in the "payment method" section, so I did not forget anything.

I completely believe that you know how to accept MoneyPaks on LBC without much risk. However, people transacting with prophetmopic do not mitigate that risk, as these MoneyPaks could be coming from anywhere.

If you have a personal issue, you can bring it up in the relevant place.
[/quote]

Personal attacks become relevant when you speak to me in a disparaging fashion, like in the first reply. Since then you've been reasonably professional, as have I.

Who is doing 100k per month? The OP? I must have missed that; could you quote it here?

His first LBC account probably transacted around 110 BTC. His second has likely done around 45 BTC. Add in another 30 BTC here and he's done $100,000 in MoneyPaks/Vanillas/REloadits in a month and a half.

We can estimate these based upon the time it took his accounts, particularly the second account, to reach the "25 to 150" BTC range on LBC.

prophetmopic (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

I can see there are a lot of questions lately and I will gladly answer them.

I have been trading here for almost 2 months now. I was originally trading under this account : https://localbitcoins.com/p/prophetmopic/

I was not able to get verified on that account most likely because I was using TOR. So I stopped using TOR and made a new account here https://localbitcoins.com/p/prophetmopic2/ I'm hoping I will get the green thumb now and get listed at the top of the localbitcoins moneypak list.

I'm still trading at a 15-20% loss because I want to get as many trades as possible in a short amount of time. I want to get my name to the top of the list on localbitcoins for moneypak. As of right now I am NOT making a profit. I do plan to make a profit once I have 100+ trades and my name shows up first on the list. As of right now I can not turnover the amount of MoneyPaks I receive and they pile up. So, instead of having them sit there I would rather turn them over at a lower rate. This is simple economics and business practices. Most businesses don't make profit for a while.

I've already said how I get my MoneyPaks. I have my own client base. They have not been purchased fraudulently or as part of scams. All of my past customers can assure you that none of them have been reversed. They're all purchased with cash.

I use MoneyPak, Bitcoin, and TOR because I'm a big believer in privacy and anonymity. It's not people's business to know WHO I AM in my real life. If they don't want to trade with me because of that, then that's fine. But all of my customers will tell you that I've been very pleasant to deal with.

I will happily raise my rates once I'm at the top of the localbitcoins list Smiley For now, you can enjoy ridiculously low rates along with escrow protection when you trade with me here : https://localbitcoins.com/p/prophetmopic2/
prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:18:17 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 12:32:10 AM by prophetmopic

I'm not sure where you can find a 140% rate for MoneyPaks? I'm offering the best rate on all of LBC right now for MoneyPak and my rate is 120%. People pay very high fees to buy BTC with MP on LocalBitcoins. Just check the ads. Most are selling BTC for $600 in exchange for MP. Then there is MP for sale for $400 in BTC. I sell the MP for $500. So you can see how people will overpay for BTC then underpay to exchange to MP. Once I get more popular I don't see a problem turning a profit with reasonable rates.

In regards to Ebay Motors scams, I don't think anyone uses MoneyPaks to buy a car. How would they load up enough MoneyPaks to buy a car? Go to the store 100 times? That doesn't even make sense lol.

I understand you trying to "protect" people but from the posts it looks like you're just trying to bash me maybe for your own benefit? I mean no disrespect. Am I competing with your or something?

I encourage people to use ESCROW when they trade with me and start out with SMALLER transactions first. The "feds" aren't going to come knocking on your door for buying a few MoneyPaks from someone. Stop being paranoid.

I have only traded 1 or 2 BTC on bitcointalk. I prefer to use LBC for the escrow protection. Someone on this forum took off with $1000 after a few trades. I've done around $50,000 over a 2 month period on LocalBitcoins. I've had up to $15,000 on hand at once. That's around 50 MoneyPaks total if you count the average value of $300. It's not like I have $50,000 at once. Sell $2000, get another $2000.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to trade with me. Make your own decision. My customers can vouch for me and I'll be here for a long time Smiley

Out of RELOADIT and VANILLA for now. I still have around $6,000 in MoneyPak. I will update when I have more RELOADIT/VANILLA.
prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:58:19 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 08:14:56 PM by prophetmopic

I have $900 in Vanilla, $150 in Reloadit, $300 in NetSpend Reload, and $8000 in MoneyPak

prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:32:29 PM

Vanilla and Reloadit are all gone. I have $150 x 2 in NetSpend Reloads. I still have at least $5,000 in MoneyPak Smiley Values range from $150-$500. Most are in the $300 range.
ggg123

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

prophetmopic where are you boss? All of your listings are gone on lbc, hope not an exit scam.
prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:39:02 PM

I'm still here! LBC automatically removes my inactive listings if someone starts a trade when I'm offline and it cancels. I wasn't on much recently.

I'll be on most of the day today. I have a lot of moneypak still!
Marcchernandez

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

I've done maybe $2000+ transactions over the past with him with no issues. I can vouch for this guy
prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

Just stocked back up I have some reloadit and vanilla. Mostly MoneyPak right now. Still doing 20% off until the end of October.
Marcchernandez

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:46:38 AM

i don't see your vanilla reload ad
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:30:14 AM

i have some btc i will sell if you are still buying.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:28:22 PM

anybody buying be carefull i got pm to sell but was scammer using a similar username. prophetmorpic notice the r in this one the op has no r in his.
prophetmopic (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:50:14 PM

anybody buying be carefull i got pm to sell but was scammer using a similar username. prophetmorpic notice the r in this one the op has no r in his.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I have updated the post. Hopefully people will not fall for this person's scam!

I am out of Vanilla right now but I have a lot of MoneyPak left at least $5000 and I have about $2000 in "RELOAD IT".
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: