Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are BoA transfers reversible?  (Read 7088 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:53:37 PM

I play online poker and would do transfers with people where i transfer them BoA through online transfer and then i get poker funds.  I however read that boa is actually reversible.  Is this true or false?  I know paypal and chase quickpay are reversible but i was always told boa and wells fargo wasn't.

I read that boa cash deposits can be reversed if they go back the same day.  Is that true/false?  What about wells fargo?

So basically the only thing that is not reversible is when someone send you a bank wire and once you receive it, they can't reverse it anymore?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

Probably best to call the bank and ask them. But I have heard of bank transfers reversed, I don' think what bank it is.
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:55:56 PM

I play online poker and would do transfers with people where i transfer them BoA through online transfer and then i get poker funds.  I however read that boa is actually reversible.  Is this true or false?  I know paypal and chase quickpay are reversible but i was always told boa and wells fargo wasn't.

I read that boa cash deposits can be reversed if they go back the same day.  Is that true/false?  What about wells fargo?

So basically the only thing that is not reversible is when someone send you a bank wire and once you receive it, they can't reverse it anymore?

No that is not the case. If the account has been hacked then the funds can be reversed. Additionally the funds can be reversed if they suspect illegal activity such as money laundering etc though that is not as common.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

I play online poker and would do transfers with people where i transfer them BoA through online transfer and then i get poker funds.  I however read that boa is actually reversible.  Is this true or false? 

Both are true. Both online transfer and cash deposits specifically for BofA are reversible. I know from personal experience of being a victim of this scam on LBC.

Wire transfers are extremely hard to reverse, however still possible.

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

I play online poker and would do transfers with people where i transfer them BoA through online transfer and then i get poker funds.  I however read that boa is actually reversible.  Is this true or false? 

Both are true. Both online transfer and cash deposits specifically for BofA are reversible. I know from personal experience of being a victim of this scam on LBC.

How did the buyer convince the bank teller to reverse cash deposit?
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 11:47:26 PM

How did the buyer convince the bank teller to reverse cash deposit?

I know exactly how they did it, however I'm not going to disclose. That just gives ideas to potential scammers.

viking02 (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:23:51 AM

What do you mean by LBC?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

What do you mean by LBC?
LBC=Local Bitcoins

viking02 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:41:17 PM

Do you know how long a time a person has to reverse a BofA online transfer?  Example if i trade poker funds to them for BoA, how long do they have before the funds can no longer be reversed?  Lot of ppl trade poker funds for boa and i heard 1 person on a forum mention that BoA is reversible when previously i heard it wasn't.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
psudoBTC

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Do you know how long a time a person has to reverse a BofA online transfer?  Example if i trade poker funds to them for BoA, how long do they have before the funds can no longer be reversed?  Lot of ppl trade poker funds for boa and i heard 1 person on a forum mention that BoA is reversible when previously i heard it wasn't.
I would think it would be several months. If the account owner were to claim fraud then BoA would likely attempt to recover any amounts that was sent to you.
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:03:11 AM

Unless the other person deposits cash into your account then it is possible to reverse the transaction. This is true for all banking transactions. Period.

negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 01:21:26 AM

Unless the other person deposits cash into your account then it is possible to reverse the transaction. This is true for all banking transactions. Period.

If you spend some time reading comments above, you should know CASH deposit is reversible for BoA.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:28:57 PM

If you spend some time reading comments above, you should know CASH deposit is reversible for BoA.
No they are not. The person who posted that is likely spreading FUD. The only real possibility to do this is to convince the teller to give the account "intimidate" availability for a check deposit so it would look like a cash deposit on online banking, but it would really not be a cash deposit.
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:33:57 PM

No they are not. The person who posted that is likely spreading FUD. The only real possibility to do this is to convince the teller to give the account "intimidate" availability for a check deposit so it would look like a cash deposit on online banking, but it would really not be a cash deposit.

I once read a story on the LBC forums where the seller alleged the buyer and bank teller knew each other (they were from a small town) and colluded together to reverse the cash deposit. I have no way of knowing if that is true but I am sure something like that could very easily happen.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:42:46 AM

You're an idiot. I just mentioned that I was a victim of this scam. Nearly all high volume sellers on LBC has experience a cash reversal one time or another, and it's pretty wide-spread for a certain time period until we caught on. To resist it, btc is not released until after bank hours (or sometimes even several days) if dealing with a newb account that does cash deposits. Also a picture of receipt with "NO REFUND" written on it. This is now pretty standard. Do you think these measures are done for fun?

If you still don't believe me, then go sell on LBC, make sure you give instant release to all newbs that do cash deposits.

SMB-2525

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:39:28 PM

There are three (easy) possibilities for BOA initiated transfers. My guess from reading the above is they are in decreasing likelihood of reversibility:
1. Wire transfer
2. ACH Transfer
3. Transfer using one of the intermediary transfer to cell phone or email services.

Apparently all are reversible. There appears to be no way a buyer can establish trust in a way that precludes reversibility. So we are left with cash transactions for "untrusted" buyers.

Ironic.

Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:24:21 AM

I once read a story on the LBC forums where the seller alleged the buyer and bank teller knew each other (they were from a small town) and colluded together to reverse the cash deposit. I have no way of knowing if that is true but I am sure something like that could very easily happen.
If there were any witnesses to this or any paper trail at the bank then the teller could be fired and the bank held liable for the seller's loss. The buyer would have likely have been required to show a picture of the receipt and if the teller had provided a fake one this would have been easily traceable.
cryptofan5

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:31:10 AM

Haven't dealt with BoA for a while, but believe their are reversible. What is more is that even in the old day, some 10-15 years ago, BoA used to close accounts at a first sign of any suspicious activity, like when someone send s wire and then claims that it was not authorised, etc.
viking02 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:18:27 AM

If boa is reversible, why is it lot of online poker players use it to transfer funds.  Example many ppl would trade pokerstars for bank of america and wells fargo online transfers.  I know chase quickpay and paypal are reversible but seems like almost everyone accepts boa transfer or wells fargo.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
. COMSA
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:27:56 AM

If boa is reversible, why is it lot of online poker players use it to transfer funds.

That's like saying why the hell does paypal transactions still happen in the btc world when everyone knows they're reversible. It's a matter of convenience for the risks associated with it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: