Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Updated: Resolved) Caution: CJS CD Keys  (Read 2291 times)
dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:11:16 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 11:22:06 PM by dmatthewstewart

Since I made the original post below, CJS Cd Keys has

1) Addressed my problem and solved it

2) Changed the process in which they accept BTC and make your order/key available for pick-up in your account

This forum works wonders. Any problems that I have had with retailers are always solved right after creating a thread here. Its not coincidence. All of them were posts made a while after all attempts to contact the sellers had failed. Coinabul finally shipped my coins within 24 hours of creating a post...an order that I had paid for 5 months prior.

...........Original Post............

Hey all,

I just wanted to share my experience attempting to use Bitcoin on CJS CD Keys. [cjs-cdkeys.com]

CJS advertises a random mystery Steam game key (and countless other games) for a fairly low price. Since this was only going to be around $5 USD I figured it would be fun to try. If it worked, I would have a place to shop and a fun new way of sort-of gambling Smiley

CJS uses Bitpay like many other online retailers accepting Bitcoin. However, the process they implement is complicated, flawed, and I can now receive no response from their Customer Service/Zendesk application.

When you try to check out it creates a Bitpay invoice. You scan the QR code and pay. Then, I thought I would be receiving my Steam key. But that is not what happens. After they take your BTC they then forward you to a page taht tells you that you have to re-add the item that you want to your cart and then select "store credit" to pay for the order. They essentially use the Bitpay transaction to credit your account...and NOT for the actual transaction. See where this is going? Nothing is attached to the transaction. Bad idea #1

Transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/d7b7537fa3d72eac32ecaf317daa9919412235c1743ec7022f444bd53cdd098b

Here comes Bad idea #2: Naturally, the option to select "store credit" does not appear when I follow their instructions. There is no place on "My account" that shows an available balance. Since BTC transactions can take some time to be reflected I waited...

Bad Idea #3: ZenDesk. This is the only way to contact them. Unfortunately, you "encouraged" to enter an order number so that they can help you. And if you dont enter an order #, well, that just may make it impossible. Guess what? There is no order number! You havent placed an order yet. You have only sent them BTC and now they are gone.

Bad Idea #4 ZenDesk ticket: I created a ticket and waited a few days. I periodically checked the site and tried to place the order. "Store Credit" option still never appears

Bad Idea #5 ZenDesk ticket expiration: I get an email from the ZenDesk account of CJS Cd Keys. It seems that the ticket has expired with no solution. But luckily, they consider it resolved!! And they consider it resolved because they DID NOT attend to it. Awkward. They encourage me to submit another ticket if it wasnt resolved and that I must include my "Order Number". [facepalm.jpg] There is no order!! I try to enter the Bitpay/BTC transaction ID and it will not accept it. Just awesome

Solution: DO NOT try to pay with BTC/LTC/DOGE at CJS CD Keys (cjs-cdkeys.com) Matter of fact, I would go as far to say that you probably shouldnt order from them at all. If they couldnt take a few minutes to contact me over this extraordinarily odd procedure they have created then I have to imagine that this is how they handle all problems. Even a quick message back that said, "Be patient, we are looking into it" wouldve at least allowed me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Heck, even if they completely lost the transaction, and were honest about it, I would try it again. Seriously, I dont care all  taht much about 0.006 BTC...Ive gambled away a hundred times that on a single Satoshi Dice roll. But what bothers me is 1) having a bad system and 2) ignoring people after theyve sent you money.

Stay away

-DMS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:20:38 PM

This happened to me yesterday  Angry

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
wakka622

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The big fish

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:20:35 PM

I don't know why ppl buy steam games form cjs cd keys. Price little higher then some steam games sellers here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: