Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:43:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN!] -- [MAG] << MagCoin >> [X11 || No PREMINE/IPO || Fast]  (Read 15901 times)
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:11:16 PM

Refer the post #10, as I don't want my reply to take up a huge chunk here (looks spammy). Should be just up above a few posts.

Thanks, makes sense.

X11 is an amazing algo, look forward to seeing this coin launch

What makes it amazing? The massive farms raping it in the beginning or the multipools which will dump it's price to the usual level after the exchange?

Look at multiwalletcoin, 3500 diff at around block 100.

Not your keys, not your coins!
magcoin-crypto (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:02:26 AM

Refer the post #10, as I don't want my reply to take up a huge chunk here (looks spammy). Should be just up above a few posts.

Thanks, makes sense.

What makes it amazing? The massive farms raping it in the beginning or the multipools which will dump it's price to the usual level after the exchange?

Look at multiwalletcoin, 3500 diff at around block 100.

I noticed that about X11, which is why I enhanced the coin's hardiness and general reliability by implementing the difficulty-reliant reward and reduced the time between difficulty adjustments (KGW).
rayday11

Activity: 344
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:54:49 AM

Not bad. I will probably mine this.
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:59:15 AM

Not bad. I will probably mine this.

Thanks for the support, rayday11. If you have any suggestions or comments just post them here Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:15:21 AM

i'm not surprise that a 1 activity newbie say this, probably a rent owner

x11 is crap

use something like fresh algo, energy efficient less farms raping
asemov

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:25:29 AM

x11 is crap

Rented rigs + rape issue still standing even in fresh  Undecided
bahu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:32:36 AM

2,5 BILION ?!
2 500 000 000 000 ?!?

IS THAT CORRECT? AMOUNT?
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

Hi all,

We would like to inform you about adding MAG coin to the Voting List on modern exchange AskCoin.Net:

https://askcoin.net/images/askcoin-net_02.png

Make sure to follow us on Twitter,

AskCoin.Net Team

Thanks for adding the coin to your voting, I appreciate it!

x11 is crap

Rented rigs + rape issue still standing even in fresh  Undecided

This whole "coin rape" thing (which honestly is just a wrong way to put it) won't be an issue; please look at my previous post about things we did to counteract the instability caused by hashrate spikes.
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:43:47 AM

2,5 BILION ?!
2 500 000 000 000 ?!?

IS THAT CORRECT? AMOUNT?

Yes, that would be the total coin cap.
Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:24:24 PM

Dev let's just listen to that most have an issue with the 3 minutes, you being unique in this is not a positive. You want it a little longer that great, and you stated why. But do you have the ability to change it still and compromise maybe to 90 seconds. Can this still make you feel like you have covered your concerns and maybe get some more people on board? 3 min is excessive IMO.

magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:38:39 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 03:01:34 PM by magcoin-crypto

Update: Both Windows and Mac wallets are now compiled and tested Cool
dreamone

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:57:59 PM

You seem to be a reasonable guy, I'll add a pool on friday, reserve a spot for Suprnova

reward seem to be reasonable
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:21:00 PM

http://mag.minerpools.com/ - SSO enabled, anyone who registered for the crystalcoin pool is already registered for future coin launches, same goes for everyone who registers on our MagCoin pool as well.

Just updated the OP with your pool's link!
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:42:18 PM

This whole "coin rape" thing (which honestly is just a wrong way to put it) won't be an issue; please look at my previous post about things we did to counteract the instability caused by hashrate spikes.

With X11 it will be. Regardless of difficulty retarget or block target time the hashrate will be massive only for the coins to be dumped on the first exchange. It's happening over and over and over again with every single X11 coins.
I mean you can rent up to 3.5 ghs farms. Do you have any idea how many GPU's would that be? And those are only the public ones, so yeah, I'm pretty sure there are super efficient miners or massive farms or ASICs out there for x11. And later down the line profit switching multipools will mine and dump this coin until it's not profitable anymore like every other coin.

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

this coin will survive.. in a matter of days  Cool

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:51:11 PM

With X11 it will be. Regardless of difficulty retarget or block target time the hashrate will be massive only for the coins to be dumped on the first exchange. It's happening over and over and over again with every single X11 coins.
I mean you can rent up to 3.5 ghs farms. Do you have any idea how many GPU's would that be? And those are only the public ones, so yeah, I'm pretty sure there are super efficient miners or massive farms or ASICs out there for x11. And later down the line profit switching multipools will mine and dump this coin until it's not profitable anymore like every other coin.

On the testnet the coin bounced back pretty quickly, but I get your concerns. I guess there's only one way to really find out, though Tongue

How about a friendly wager of 50 MAG?
magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:02:19 PM

this coin will survive.. in a matter of days  Cool

I think you meant : "this coin will survive... a matter of days Cool"
But point taken, we'll see huh Wink
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:07:39 PM

On the testnet the coin bounced back pretty quickly, but I get your concerns. I guess there's only one way to really find out, though Tongue

Did you testnet with 668 gigahash? Because at one point that's how much was thrown at multiwalletcoin. The cost of production with rentals was around 2-2.6k sat and the price is 800 sat at the moment.
Not that I rented, as I never do, but I'm not touching X11 ever again.
Not saying your coin cant succeed, but it's starting with one hell of a handicap even if you don't see it. Good luck.

magcoin-crypto (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

Did you testnet with 668 gigahash? Because at one point that's how much was thrown at multiwalletcoin. The cost of production with rentals was around 2-2.6k sat and the price is 800 sat at the moment.
Not that I rented, as I never do, but I'm not touching X11 ever again.
Not saying your coin cant succeed, but it's starting with one hell of a handicap even if you don't see it. Good luck.

I'd honestly be more flattered than anything if I got anything close to that, heh
But we ran it with the lowest difficult 256 bits could support and put it through a few MH and it just responded instantly. Scaled up, I'm confident it'll perform similarly in the range of a few hundred MH. The key is not absolute hashpower, it's the relative increase. Calculations fall based on the percentage spike. So going to 2 MH to 4 MH is the same as 10 MH to 20 MH. Adjustment is going to slow the price change significantly enough that stability will be basically insured.
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:44:36 AM

maybe nist5 ?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: