Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low power chips WANTED!!! 0.3 W/Ghs or around. Ideal miner design for exchange  (Read 8697 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:30:13 AM

I would like offer a best ever miner design in exchange for such chip. What I mean of 'ideal miner'. Manufacturing costs for miner will be only around 1/5 of overall price. 4/5 of price will be net cost of chips.

Miner will run at high voltage with great efficiency ~95%.
I have prototypes for different current chip manufacturers, so I can provide proof if needed. Also I have a farm for personal use that employ such technology.
whay you joke around bitcoin.If you good chip designer.Apple,AMD,Samsung pay you couple bilion $ and more if you design working FinFET in 14-16 nm.
But if i can design working 14-16 nm chip i sale patent right in first year 100$ by chip and colect 20-30 bilion $ second year by apple,samsung,AMD,Intel and all other smartphone company.

TSMC: We're "Far Superior" to Intel and Samsung as a Partner Fab - See more at:  year 2013 http://www.dailytech.com/TSMC+Were+Far+Superior+to+Intel+and+Samsung+as+a+Partner+Fab/article34148.htm#sthash.2SBQbwb0.dpuf
today after spending 10 bilion in FAB
http://recode.net/2015/02/04/apple-taps-samsung-to-manufacture-next-iphone-chip/

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2015/02/18/2003611800

you must contact  http://www.tsmc.com/english/default.htm tsmc produce chip You must have only $ in advance cuple year.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying bitcoin chip designers should be working toward a FinFET 14-16 nm chip.  I've read that there are two companies getting close.... and one company has reached tapeout saying the chip is 0.07 W/GHS???:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/02/bitcoin-brothers-aim-to-disrupt-bitcoin-mining-with-new-more-powerful-supercomputers/

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3854-kncminer-solar-new-16nm-asic-chips-coming-in-2015/

http://www.creandum.com/accel-partners-invests-in-kncminer-16nm-tape-out-completed/

Maybe we won't see these 2 manufacturers with the super efficient mining rigs using the FinFET16 chip for a few or several months?:

http://wccftech.com/tsmcs-16nm-finfet-faces-delays-qualcomm-jumps-ship-samsung/

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-moving-to-tsmc-16nm-finfet-process.html

All in all, it looks like a new "chip efficiency race" is ready to begin??

or

Is it all hype???

Bottomline:

Most miners love what Bitmain has done for the industry. If these new super efficient chips are close to becoming a reality, then Bitmain is likely exploring/developing them too.... so that they can maintain their share of the market.

The only problem Huh KnC & Bitcoin Brothers are not going to sell to the public,just to corps wanting to start massive farms (or themselves),same as Bitfury & Spoondolies  Roll Eyes

Not sure if Bitmain can keep selling to us home miners either...have to wait & see  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1844

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:16:54 AM

We need more third-party manufacturers that can build not-crappy miners from mainline chips and sell them for not-crappy prices. And then actually ship them instead of screwing people over.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:16:11 AM

We need more third-party manufacturers that can build not-crappy miners from mainline chips and sell them for not-crappy prices. And then actually ship them instead of screwing people over.

Problem is.

Non crappy prices means zero profitability.

Consumer prices rely on larger volumes and currently the market for miners to consumers is too small to make it a viable model. Why are companies going to B2B? Volume. Simply the economies of scale for single units for the home is just not there compared to mega farms. The trend will continue until there are no mid sized farms and only mega farms left.

The only viable way this could change would be massive amounts of small devices integrated into home electronics. Or linking millions of small units together in a single pool to compete with mega farms.

The money is not there at this time to go after the ever shrinking market home user unless you have some sort of miner that is more gadget than miner. You will likely start seeing these sorts of things popping up but it will require some really innovative design team to get them to be interesting to the consumer level buyers but also to break out of the niche in these forums it would have to have wide appeal well beyond the hardware forums.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 09:28:08 AM

The only viable way this could change would be massive amounts of small devices integrated into home electronics.

I've heard you talk about this web of things type model before, it will never ever ever be even remotely close to viable. Putting single / quad chip PCBs + own controllers + wifi is so incredibly expensive compared to even an S5 formfactor.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:41:45 AM

The only viable way this could change would be massive amounts of small devices integrated into home electronics.

I've heard you talk about this web of things type model before, it will never ever ever be even remotely close to viable. Putting single / quad chip PCBs + own controllers + wifi is so incredibly expensive compared to even an S5 formfactor.

While I think the idea on it's own is dumb (non starter), devices that are already internet capable can have a sha256 asic integrated at very low cost.  Not to mention a lot of the components you listed are cheap as hell when purchased in volume.
dmeter

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:53:32 AM

I've read that there are two companies getting close.... and one company has reached tapeout saying the chip is 0.07 W/GHS???:

or

Is it all hype???

also i am closer to be millioner in cash,only missing 999999 $ Grin
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:56:11 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 11:11:15 AM by dogie

While I think the idea on it's own is dumb (non starter), devices that are already internet capable can have a sha256 asic integrated at very low cost.  Not to mention a lot of the components you listed are cheap as hell when purchased in volume.

A controller isn't cheap per GH when we're talking about 5-30W worth of chips.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:23:17 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 11:38:18 AM by dropt

While I think the idea on it's own is dumb (non starter), devices that are already internet capable can have a sha256 asic integrated at very low cost.  Not to mention a lot of the components you listed are cheap as hell when purchased in volume.

A controller isn't cheap per GH when we're talking about 5-30W worth of chips.

What are you basing your opinion off of?  Likely any embedded processor used for an IOT device will be more than capable of running a few GH.

Edit:  An example...

ARM's embed IOT platform utilizes Cortex M series MCU:

http://www.arm.com/products/internet-of-things-solutions/mbed-IoT-device-platform.php

BCT user jlsminingcorp sold a 48GH standalone Bitfury miner utilizing an ARM Cortex M3 MCU.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278330.0
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 12:04:04 PM

BCT user jlsminingcorp sold a 48GH standalone Bitfury miner utilizing an ARM Cortex M3 MCU.

He was selling a 48Gh board for ~$1800, that's not really the same thing as trying to remain $ efficient for $2-3 worth of chips + controller.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:18:19 PM

He was selling a 48Gh board for ~$1800, that's not really the same thing as trying to remain $ efficient for $2-3 worth of chips + controller.

It was also mid 2013.  The point is that an IOT device is likely already going to have a processor capable of acting as the controller, so you don't need to include one.  Also an IOT device is likely to already be networked via WiFi and you won't need to include that.  The only thing you may need is some DC/DC regulation (maybe) and that is v.cheap in qty.  In practice you should be able to add some hashing ASICs for pennies on top of the bare chip.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:08:59 PM

While I think the idea on it's own is dumb (non starter), devices that are already internet capable can have a sha256 asic integrated at very low cost.  Not to mention a lot of the components you listed are cheap as hell when purchased in volume.

I've always been pretty adamantly against this happening. it just isnt practical in most use cases. Bitcoin mining is supposed to always be only marginally more profitable than the cost to mine.

when MBP has a datacenter with 2MW of power, paying less than 5c/kwh - theres no way a little DVD player with $10 worth of ASIC chips will compete, particularly as the majority of buyers would live where power is >10c/kwh and they likely dont want a constant 20-40W heating element sitting in their media cabinet.

the only viable options are space heaters and water heaters. spaceheater-wise; better to just buy an old ASIC like the S1/S3.
waterheater-wise; a distributor could come up with a clever way to do it, but water heaters only run about 6hrs/day, and a gas-powered one costs about 1/5th as much as an electric one to operate.

theres no real usage case for mining outside of high density, specialized equipment - unless you want a LOT of consumers pissed off because bitcoin made thier power bills outrageously high and their houses obscenely warm

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:33:37 PM

1. I'm interested in building miners for home users, and honestly most of the things we've sold haven't had much profit margin in them so why change that now? Like I said, we need third-party manufacturers that don't screw people over. I guess we also need first-party manufacturers that don't screw people as well.

2. I fairly vehemently despise the IoT concept and will not be participating. Neither will any GekkoScience products, no matter how trendy and profitable it might be, because we don't want to help the world shift to Hacker's Paradise and/or Skynet.

Also, miner controllers aren't that hard to conjure up if you don't suck at embedded programming. The AM Blade and Cube run off a little PIC32, and the Prisma controller's micro has 512KB RAM - three orders of magnitude less than a Pi. Even an Arm Cortex would be overkill for all but a huge and overly convoluted machine.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Meech

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:47:50 PM

Wow a company dedicated to the miner first, seems to have been said loosely before by every company.  Until they made enough to start their own multi petahash farms.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:31:36 PM

Right now we're doing good just to pay the electric bill and keep enough to manufacture batches of PSU boards. We've got some outside jobs coming in that'll get some more R&D dollars in the coffer to expand product lines.

If that was meant to be sarcastic, take a look at everything Novak or I have ever posted. You'll see we've always helped little guys as much as possible. We started building PSU boards so home users could take advantage of increased efficiency and decreased price of secondhand server supplies, to help shave off the edge industrial buyers get in price preference. Our hosting service has a 15KW per-user limit so nobody big can take over what we've built for regular guys that can't afford to mine at home anymore. Which by the way, nobody draws a wage from maintaining the hosting infrastructure. The fees are entirely electric and building costs. We're designing hardware right now to allow efficient undervolting of S5 so they're viable longer; we're working on undervolt studies for BE200 gear so they can be viable longer; we're working toward a fully-configurable (clock and voltage) BM1384 board basically as an independent S1 upgrade. We made our own USB adapters (and sold 'em at cost) for Tube/Prisma when AM sucked at getting them to folks what needed them.

Basically, the bitcoin economy needs more people whose primary motivation is NOT greed.

Bicknellski

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 04:40:07 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 05:59:36 PM by Bicknellski

Basically, the bitcoin economy needs more people whose primary motivation is NOT greed.

Consumers will buy miners motivated by what?

1. ROI.
2. Possess cutting edge miners.
3. To support Bitcoin.

I think the basic motivation to be a good player or company in Bitcoin has little to do with viability of the company.

What the consumer wants will drive what eventually gets made and continues to be made.

If you are unwilling to create demand and explore alternatives then you are doomed to failure. You can't continue building things people do not want to buy.

Even the scammers recognize that and have given up trying to swindle people who are buying miners.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:17:39 PM

Ideally, the *world* needs more people whose primary motivation is not greed, but you know, one step at a time.

"the basic motivation to be a good player or company in Bitcoin has little to do with viability of the company" is generally a sad fact.

"What the consumer wants will drive what eventually gets made and continues to be made" is great, but ignoring 90% of the customer base (sure, it's only got 10% of the money but it's still 90% of the customers) is kinda stupid. When you sell a decentralized system to only a core group, it ceases to be a decentralized system. When a small number of folks control the supply of bitcoins, how is that cartel different than any federal mint?

The problem isn't building things people don't want to buy, it's not building things people do want and alienating everyone except the high rollers. The few dozen rich guys capitalizing on the framework laid by the million regular joes that came before and are now being squeezed out of the way.

fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:48:34 PM

We're designing hardware right now to allow efficient undervolting of S5 so they're viable longer; we're working on undervolt studies for BE200 gear so they can be viable longer; we're working toward a fully-configurable (clock and voltage) BM1384 board basically as an independent S1 upgrade.

Please let me know if you get a working product. 

Thank you for your contributions to the community.  You are of Merit
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: