Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase fees  (Read 1773 times)
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:42:23 AM

I have a question about coinbase fees, They always charge me 0.0002 BTC for every transaction i send, Is this the bitcoin fees because they claim its bitcoin fees but not their fees? If it is true how come freebitco.in send 5460 Satoshi? Today i had to send 5000 satoshi to a DR and they charged me 20000 satoshi for just sending it? Any other wallet with low fees or this fee is applied by bitcoin?

They may keep half of that transaction or maybe they pay it in whole to the miners (in form of a transaction fee). I don't know the exact structure of Coinbase's fees! I guess faucets and freebitco.in may send multiple transactions to several receipients at once, and thus save on the transaction fees? Could this be right?

2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:49:31 AM

If they dont charge fees then where do they get profit from

Those are miner fees, they get profit from charging of US deposits and buying and selling.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:51:21 AM

If they dont charge fees then where do they get profit from

Those are miner fees, they get profit from charging of US deposits and buying and selling.

Yeah, I guess such small fees won't really get their business going. They will want to depend on relative fees, that adjust according to the amount of BTC you buy or sell there. A fixed amount per transaction doesn't seem to make much sense! They pay a miners-/transaction fee so the transaction goes through quickly!

DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

Yeah, they have to pay the miners fees, so the transaction goes through smoothly without a delay. Some services also take a small fee themselves, so people don't abuse their system and withdraw 500 times a day.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: