Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best unit to start with  (Read 1775 times)
strungoutbtc (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:07:26 PM

Have around $2500 to spend, what's a good start?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:26:40 PM

Seeing as how you have already been graced by Vod's touch I take it you have not read too much on the forums.  Buy a small miner for under $500 to learn about mining.  Either buy a new Antminer S3 or Rockminer 35GH/s unit.  You can also get a used Antminer S1 for $100.  Learn how to mine and see if you can make profits before jumping the gun.
Radelderth

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:55:32 PM

Have around $2500 to spend, what's a good start?

Buy BTC directly with it..

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:00:57 PM

To reiterate what everyone else has said:

* If you want to mine, get S3 miners.
* If you want more bitcoins, just buy them.

Buy & Hold
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:15:40 AM

Seeing as how you have already been graced by Vod's touch I take it you have not read too much on the forums.  Buy a small miner for under $500 to learn about mining.  Either buy a new Antminer S3 or Rockminer 35GH/s unit.  You can also get a used Antminer S1 for $100.  Learn how to mine and see if you can make profits before jumping the gun.

Hmm interesting.. Smiley  Not sure if that is worth the effort but it is not a ton of money to try and see if you are interested investing a substantial amount into mining.
Bitsaurus

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:40:37 AM

Hmm interesting.. Smiley  Not sure if that is worth the effort but it is not a ton of money to try and see if you are interested investing a substantial amount into mining.

Mostly that is a lesson to realize that mining is interesting to some and a complete pain to others.  To some the noise and heat is unbearable - to others it's not a big deal.  Sometimes it's not even about the money if it makes your quality of life go down.
BTC_Fundamentals

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:34:18 AM

S3 is the answer. Best price/performance ratio right now.
Bitsaurus

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:50:52 AM

S3 is the answer. Best price/performance ratio right now.

While it may be one of the most efficient it has a higher barrier to entry than some other offerings like the cheap Rockbox gear.  That gear is equally friendly and people won't cry a river if the unit dies or if they don't ROI.

New miners should always start off slow unless they have a friend guiding them firsthand.
fanboy4

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:52:12 AM

Better hold sometime, until you become sure you know what you are doing. Otherwise throwing money on btc is gamble.
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:47:16 PM

Yup S3 is the best right now...

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:06:22 PM

Better hold sometime, until you become sure you know what you are doing. Otherwise throwing money on btc is gamble.

yeah, but buying a moto in this age is also the risk to lose life.

pump and dump some altcoins, thats the king league.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: