Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:01:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: way off topic...just need others point of view  (Read 1254 times)
leevalle (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:33:56 PM

So im in a situation. My friend needed a place to stay for about a week, until he moves to Long Beach. Me and him have been friends for 12 years. I grew up with my mom and my sister and my dad lived in a different country until 2 years ago. They never had any problem with my friend, even considered him part of the family. But when i insisted that my friend stay until he moves, my dad started acting so distant. My mom didnt have a problem, especially in the situation my friend was in. My dad started acting real immature, giving me the cold shoulder when all i wanted was for my friend to not be homeless before he was ble to move. So today my dad texted me that i chose my friend over him and that he's going to leave. Not just me but my mom because of what i did. I was always taught, growing up, to help others if i could. I always gave without expecting anything in return. Now i feel like i have done something terrible, when all i wanted is for my friend to be alright until his move. Should i have done something different?  Any input?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:54:03 PM

...  I don't know how to say this with out seriously cutting up your father but... he is acting like he is 6.. maybe 5..  Why the hell did he agree to it then do this..
leevalle (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:17:35 PM

...  I don't know how to say this with out seriously cutting up your father but... he is acting like he is 6.. maybe 5..  Why the hell did he agree to it then do this..

He never had a problem before either. My friend was here everyday before that.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:19:48 PM

Perhaps your friend should talk directly to your Dad, without you being stuck in the middle.

some1

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:29:08 PM

So im in a situation. My friend needed a place to stay for about a week, until he moves to Long Beach. Me and him have been friends for 12 years. I grew up with my mom and my sister and my dad lived in a different country until 2 years ago. They never had any problem with my friend, even considered him part of the family. But when i insisted that my friend stay until he moves, my dad started acting so distant. My mom didnt have a problem, especially in the situation my friend was in. My dad started acting real immature, giving me the cold shoulder when all i wanted was for my friend to not be homeless before he was ble to move. So today my dad texted me that i chose my friend over him and that he's going to leave. Not just me but my mom because of what i did. I was always taught, growing up, to help others if i could. I always gave without expecting anything in return. Now i feel like i have done something terrible, when all i wanted is for my friend to be alright until his move. Should i have done something different?  Any input?

I'm afraid your father is using you to hide something else.

It makes no sense he leaves your mother because of what you do.

fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:32:01 PM

I'm afraid your father is using you to hide something else.

It makes no sense he leaves your mother because of what you do.

It does sound like his father is trying to use him as scape goat to leave the family.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

I'm going to guess what nobody has the balls to state: You're dad once tried to have sex with your friend, hence not wanting him nearby to somehow expose your dad.
leevalle (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

Thats a different view. You would definitely know from experience?
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

I realise that may be a hard thing to even consider, but it's the first thing I thought too; I just didn't have the balls to state it.  Undecided
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

No, but if it were yes I would state such here. It just seems to fit the pattern I've run across during my travels on the internet throughout the years.

Time for a Dear Dad letter:

Dear Dad,

This will probably the hardest letter for me write, but here goes.

I don't know the reason for you adamantly not wanting my friend to stay here for only a week, nor care if it's something that shouldn't be spoken of. I do respect your decisions and will continue to do so, along with loving you for my entire natural life.

I only hope that this letter somehow changes your current position, but if not I'll still love you.

Your son, ______________.

PS: I still laugh each time I recall when you and I (insert some touchy real-life story here). Thanks for that wonderful memory.

<quick aside: the above brought tears to my eyes upon rereading it even though I shouldn't have been touched by it for any reasons including proverbial skeletons in closets>
dontCAREhair

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:04:07 AM

I'm going to guess what nobody has the balls to state: You're dad once tried to have sex with your friend, hence not wanting him nearby to somehow expose your dad.
Yes, this is def not happening.
leevalle (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:03:22 AM

No, but if it were yes I would state such here. It just seems to fit the pattern I've run across during my travels on the internet throughout the years.

Dear Dad,

I don't know the reason for you adamantly not wanting my friend to stay here for only a week, nor care if it's something that shouldn't be spoken of. I do respect your decisions and will continue to do so, along with loving you for my entire natural life.

I only hope that this letter somehow changes your current position, but if not I'll still love you.

PS: I still laugh each time I recall when you and I (insert some touchy real-life story here). Thanks for that wonderful memory.

<quick aside: the above brought tears to my eyes upon rereading it even though I shouldn't have been touched by it for any reasons including proverbial skeletons in closets>

Just because u were raped by ur friend's dad or ur dad raped ur friend doesnt men everyone is in the same boat as you. Try not begging for some cock in your ass. Tell your dad no once in awhile.
leevalle (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:05:02 AM

Dear Dad,

Just because u were raped by ur friend's dad or ur dad raped ur friend doesnt men everyone is in the same boat as you. Try not begging for some cock in your ass. Tell your dad no once in awhile.

Unless its something you really want . That choice is yours. Just make sure to be safe about it.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:22:07 AM

There has to be more the situation. Has there been any tension between the friend and your Dad? Otherwise, I feel like it might be an excuse by your Dad to leave your Mom and make you feel shitty in the process
gordoh

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Dear Dad,

Wow dude hes just trying to help you out. You don't have to be nasty about it. If you don't want to hear opinions like that, perhaps you shouldn't have posted this on the internet.
leevalle (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:42:31 AM

Thats what u call help? I saw nothing but insults . Unless im mistaken

Dear Dad,

Wow dude hes just trying to help you out. You don't have to be nasty about it. If you don't want to hear opinions like that, perhaps you shouldn't have posted this on the internet.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 10:45:22 AM

There has to be more the situation. Has there been any tension between the friend and your Dad? Otherwise, I feel like it might be an excuse by your Dad to leave your Mom and make you feel shitty in the process
It definitely seems like it. Or maybe something happened between him and the friend. I'm afraid we will never know, unfortunately.
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

My input:
Your dad was a asshole, he acted like a 6/7 year old who was just told they could not get candy.
you did nothing wrong and i cant really see why he found it an issue.

Bitcoin Warrior

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:23:50 PM

maybe i just go gambling little bit of my money and takke good action to smoke some.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:36:31 PM

The dad has some sort of serious problem. I don't think it's because of the friend since he's only been around for 2 years (according to the story.)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: