Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Osborne makes a withdrawal from a Bitcoin ATM  (Read 2861 times)
rohnearner (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:32:35 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 02:35:15 PM by rohnearner

U.K.’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, bought bitcoins for the first time from Cointrader.net’s
Full Story:- http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/uk-chancellor-george-osborne-buys-bitcoin/2014/08/06

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:45:13 PM

U.K.’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, bought bitcoins for the first time from Cointrader.net’s
Full Story:- http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/uk-chancellor-george-osborne-buys-bitcoin/2014/08/06

Very interesting! Also I love your Real Eyes slogan Smiley

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo? Chancellor of Exchange is what that stands for? Either way, it is very helpful when people who are in the spotlight or government do these types of things. Bitcoin could stand to gain more of this type of thing and hopefully we get more government and their staffers to use Bitcoin and give us good publicity.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:53:09 PM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo?

he's the guy in control of the countries budgets. he is the one that says that social security gets X amount this year, military gets Y amounts this year and healthcare gets Z.... oh and the guy that ensures he receives A, B and C amounts.

in short he is the accountant/book keeper of the government funding (tax)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:55:14 PM

"Run this by me again - I can still use this stuff to extract PAYE and VAT  - but me and my Bullingdon Club chums won't have to pay a fuckin penny ? I'm sold on it already"
rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:56:30 PM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo?

he's the guy in control of the countries budgets. he is the one that says that social security gets X amount this year, military gets Y amounts this year and healthcare gets Z.... oh and the guy that ensures he receives A, B and C amounts.

in short he is the accountant/book keeper of the government funding (tax)
So keeping that in mind sooner or later he's gonna be the man that will try to regulate bitcoins and face criticism from the community...!

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:04:14 PM

Thought would be Ozzy Osbourne  Grin

Anyway, good news see government people using bitcoin, just hope they don't end up betraying it
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:07:16 PM

This is an encouraging statement from the UK government. Bitcoin may be regulated in the uk soon, but is not illegal. I am surprised to see the C of E showing high profile support for bitcoin.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
GrandMasterB

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:07:38 PM

I thought it was Ozzy too but I'm more impressed by this.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:11:28 PM

Fuck it, I'm moving out of the country for good now, I know you guys outside of the UK won't know much about George Osborne but this guy knows even less about the economy than Paul Krugman, the fact that he's wanting to put VAT on Bitcoins means he's going to tax UK Bitcoin users hard, in fact, I think the UK a probably going to see Bitcoin as a way of getting more tax income in general.

Banks are extremely well established here and have a strangehold on everything financial, so they're going to do everything they can to control Bitcoin and make it unappealing for people to use.
rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:16:55 PM

Fuck it, I'm moving out of the country for good now, I know you guys outside of the UK won't know much about George Osborne but this guy knows even less about the economy than Paul Krugman, the fact that he's wanting to put VAT on Bitcoins means he's going to tax UK Bitcoin users hard, in fact, I think the UK a probably going to see Bitcoin as a way of getting more tax income in general.

Banks are extremely well established here and have a strangehold on everything financial, so they're going to do everything they can to control Bitcoin and make it unappealing for people to use.
Although I'm not from UK but just two posts above I posted exactly why the bitcoin community gonna hate him eventually, its no rocket science to understand that why a politician will do no good with/to btc .

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:18:19 PM

in the UK the HMRC is still in the official stance that although an asset officially. it should unofficially be treated as an asset currency. much like how someone exchanging pounds for euro's wouldnt have 20% less euro value.

we will soon see

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:36:55 PM

I wonder if he had better luck than the guys on Tested (the youtube channel that just uploaded that video where they get their money stuck on the machine and can't withdraw)

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:03:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=727176.0

ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:09:55 PM

Good to see people in positions that high getting some hands-on experience with Bitcoin. They are supposed to decide so many things and often don't even know what those things are. I believe politicians could use that kind of experience in order to get to know Bitcoin better!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
ShameOnYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

Good to see people in positions that high getting some hands-on experience with Bitcoin. They are supposed to decide so many things and often don't even know what those things are. I believe politicians could use that kind of experience in order to get to know Bitcoin better!
I think a congressman did the same thing when a Bitcoin ATM was installed in capital hill. It made the news and everything. I do wonder just how much use it get though.

I defiantly think this is very good for bitcoin as it will likely cause it to be seen less of a threat to governments.
RobertDJ

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

I think a congressman did the same thing when a Bitcoin ATM was installed in capital hill. It made the news and everything. I do wonder just how much use it get though.

I defiantly think this is very good for bitcoin as it will likely cause it to be seen less of a threat to governments.
I agree, this is likely a good thing for bitcoin in this country!
MasterOwel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:29:46 AM

Im glad I'm not the only one who clicked the thread thinking it would be Ozzy. Haha.
EZEQUIEL.MARCOS

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:35:19 AM

This is good news a good publicity for bitcoin. I hope they realize the importance of bitcoin.

BIT-X Huh
34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz
34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz 34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz 34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz 34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz34s1MLnD4aNetyptCi46qcQGBgTWNXGLTz
rohnearner (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 06:40:17 AM

Didn't noticed it at all ,although I tried search feature but it comes up with totally irrelevant results.

Quintessence

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:17:46 AM

Good news. Still waiting when the Queen would buy BTC Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: