Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I was able to tell the mainstream media what we really think of the Foundation  (Read 982 times)
blatchcorn (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:00:14 PM

Here is a link to the article: http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/1306983/how-bitcoin-went-legit/

Here are just the relevant parts:
‘It’s a less formal [style of] regulation,’ says Josh Blatchford, the founder of Bitcoin marketing agency Bitnewt. The idea of the Foundation is that ‘you can’t have decentralised everything - some people have to do the decision making process and make changes themselves.’

But all is not well at Bitcoin HQ. There have been reports of in-fighting between the Foundation’s founders. In May, 10 of its members quit when Brock Pierce, a former Disney child star, was elected as a new director.

‘It’s hard to say whether the Foundation will continue and be successful,’ says Blatchford. ‘At the moment it doesn’t have a very good reputation among the community. It’s perceived as just a collection of wealthy individuals who claim ownership of something they don’t really own. It’s a bit of a land grab.’

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:02:48 PM

Wait wut, Brock Pierce director of the Bitcoin foundation? I used to see him on Disney Channel when I was a kid. In what planet did he contribute to the crypto world to become the BTC Foundation director? This is a shocker to me, I didn't knew about this. Sounds kinda funny.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:25:32 AM

Wait wut, Brock Pierce director of the Bitcoin foundation? I used to see him on Disney Channel when I was a kid. In what planet did he contribute to the crypto world to become the BTC Foundation director? This is a shocker to me, I didn't knew about this. Sounds kinda funny.

he's also pals with child molesters, and i believe he has a history of being accused of such.

i forget the details, but he bought his way into the foundation.
Horse Power

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:29:34 AM

seems like familiar person . someone who doesnt know about this all
come with big money . interested.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

The combination of money and power is always dangerous, it's not just Bitcoin related.

I'd really wish people would stick to the facts at this point because in the long run the nonstop Bitcoin rumors and pedo discussion is no good for anybody.  The Foundation doesn't own Bitcoin so as long as the community stays alert and pays attention to what is being done things should be ok.  I think if the guy wasn't qualified for the position people would have made the case and now it is just time to let the work speak for itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: