Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX Dual GPU HD9570 Black Edition For Sale  (Read 3327 times)
ericools (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 04:18:16 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2011, 07:00:34 PM by ericools

Here is the product info on Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150500

As I understand it this is the best card for mining, and Newegg is sold out...
Factory overclocked, comes with lots of extra crap, in huge and very nice lan party case.  Shipped in the most over padded manner I have ever seen.

I ordered 4 of these for mining not realizing how huge and hot they are (fairly loud to at full load).

Of the two received so far one was DOA and getting sent back but I have 2 more I didn't bother to pay the 2 day delivery on.  As it appears that I can not put 3-4 of these in one case.  Because if the sound of them all doesn't upset my roommate I'm afraid my living room may burst into flames from the heat.

Anyway seeing as I can't use so many of these now and I'm honestly a bit over my head in the mining business I thought I would offer it for sale in Bitcoins.

The card will come new and unopened, just as I receive it from Newegg (if you want me to open and test it first I will, but if it is DOA I would be happy to put in the RMA request for you.  Newegg is always pretty good about that).

It was purchased for $909 so I will offer it up for $250 BTCs,  I will consider shipping your discount for paying in BTCs.  As I can't use this I would be willing to accept a check/money order/paypal for the full $909 if thats what it takes to sell it, but BTC's are greatly preferred.

Repost or Call if interested..

--==Update==--

Since the value of bitcoins has risen and my buyer stopped emailing me I have reducing the price to 110BTC.  Thats about 33% discount off retail, based on current bitcoin value.  I will still ship for free in the USA, 5BTC Canada, 15BTC Japan or Europe.

Eric Olson
218-979-7125

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 04:28:33 AM

I'd like to make an offer, but I'm a little confused on your pricing and discount for using BTC...

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 04:34:32 AM

I paid $909 250BTC is about $850 or so at current exchange rate.   That and my paying for the shipping would be my discount I guess.  I figured the difference is about what I would cost me to wire the money to gox have it changed for BTC, so I'm passing on the saving since I would just spend any dollars I got for it that way anyway.

ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 04:37:49 AM

Alright, we'll i'm going to put in an offer of 200 BTC.

Though there was one of these new on amazon a few days ago for like $600

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 04:43:33 AM

Alright, well I was hoping to get my asking since it's still bran new and sold out.  But if I can't find another box (and a room) to put this in pretty soon I will probably take the best offer.

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 02:21:06 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2011, 03:15:33 AM by anatolikostis

Please, modify XFX Dual GPU HD9570 Black Edition For Sale... Wink

mmm... well the cross of 2*5850 has the same computing power...

I thinked about this card too, but the lack of cooling power (93 degree of Celsium at Crysis bench) has stoped me (there was an card offer for about 400$)...but if you have a watercooling system...

By the way, a have a proposition of new Powercolor HD6990 (4GBD5-M4D 4 GB GDDR5) for 300 BTC - what will you advise?
rent.a.john

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 08:13:06 AM

Please, modify XFX Dual GPU HD9570 Black Edition For Sale... Wink

mmm... well the cross of 2*5850 has the same computing power...

I thinked about this card too, but the lack of cooling power (93 degree of Celsium at Crysis bench) has stoped me (there was an card offer for about 400$)...but if you have a watercooling system...

By the way, a have a proposition of new Powercolor HD6990 (4GBD5-M4D 4 GB GDDR5) for 300 BTC - what will you advise?

This is the black edition, with 4gb vram total. It's definitely not the same as 2x 5850 crossfired. Great card, but paying 909 does seem a bit high considering 6990's has more computing power and is cheaper. I'm not too sure how it works out from a mining perspective, but definitely nice cards.
ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 05:34:46 PM

Well I bought them for mining and figured I would sell them here for that purpose.  I had read this was the fastest card for mining.  I am still learning about mining, getting a small improvement in hash rate each day I tweak it, not sure where I'm going to end up yet.  But yes if your gaming the 6000 series is probably the way to go.  I have not tested mine on any games yet...

hardly

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 06:12:22 PM

Just a heads up, these can be had for much cheaper online than $600. Best bet is to just send them back to newegg.
ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 11:12:34 PM

They are not refundable, and the other ones, at least that I have found are not this same card.

hardly

Activity: 124

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 11:29:56 PM

Also, to clarify, the 4GB of memory won't make a hill of beans difference in their mining capacity. Two overclocked 5850's in crossfire would actually mine just the same as that card, for a total of <$500

I'm not here to trash your thread though, so GLWS! Extremely beasty cards you have, I wish I had some :p
ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 05:02:14 PM

Well part of the advantage is they have both the cores on the same card and therefor only require one slot.  The heat production sort of counters the idea of putting a bunch in one box (at least in my apartment with the cooling I have).  But they are the most performance I can put in my existing machines that only have one PCI slot.  Considering the cost of building an entire new PC to house a second card and the extra energy to run it the price doesn't seem all that bad. 

I am only a few days into it and already generated about $80 worth the bitcoins so,,, not too bad.  If I had a basement where it was cool and the noise would not bother anyone I would probably not want to sell them.

Veritus101

Activity: 271
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 06:13:48 PM

Also, to clarify, the 4GB of memory won't make a hill of beans difference in their mining capacity. Two overclocked 5850's in crossfire would actually mine just the same as that card, for a total of <$500

I'm not here to trash your thread though, so GLWS! Extremely beasty cards you have, I wish I had some :p

unrelated, but I hate people who do shit like this. It's like pissing all over your wall and then saying I didn't do it. Then again I'm here crapping on him lol.
JJG

Activity: 70
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:08:53 PM

unrelated, but I hate people who do shit like this. It's like pissing all over your wall and then saying I didn't do it. Then again I'm here crapping on him lol.

I don't understand the hate. Posts like this keep the Marketplace honest. This benefits both buyers (more likely to trust a marketplace where everyone is kept honest) and sellers (more trust == more buyers == better prices/liquidity). It also prevents sellers from bumping their threads for months on end wondering why no one will buy their video cards for an 80% premium over the going rate on eBay.
Kick

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 12:59:11 AM

tech prices drop pretty fast. if u get offered 909, id be amazed

ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:21:00 AM

Well actually I wasn't looking for $909.  I was offering it for a quantity of bitcoins that at the time of posting was a lesser value than 909USD.  I would at this point offer to lower my bitcoin asking price however I have someone who says they want them in dollars.  So if for some reason it falls though I will post a reduced bitcoin sale price.... but not expecting full retail at all.

ericools (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:49:44 PM

Another thing I have notices is that the dual cards, at least as far as my setup go's have about one eight the stales as the single cards.  I'm guessing that the rate stales occur must ramp up considerably as time goes on.  Anyway something I was just noticing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: