Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:24:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does it seem like things are getting progressively worse?  (Read 1025 times)
beetcoin (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

Or is it the fact that people always tend to think that the present moment is always the worst?

There is so much crazy shit going on in the world right now.. you have the Putin vs. The West, Israeli-Palestine conflict, ISIS storming through Iraq and murdering innocent people, civil war in Syria, and health concerns about the Ebola virus..
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:23:25 AM

It has always been like this. Nothing´s changing.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:26:12 AM

fonzie is right, nothing has changed, the only difference between back then and now is that we notice what is causing things to get so fucked up and that it's actually going on, I think I'm righting in saying given most of our age groups we had no idea what was going on in the real world a few years ago because we were too young to know any better.

Then I learned history and economics, now I feel very old, bitter and angry despite only being 24 >_<
beetcoin (OP)

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:30:05 AM

i think things are getting worse and it's building towards a critical mass.

not just the wars, but the world economy too. our financial system is fucked and there is nothing that is going to save it. the middle class is going extinct and meanwhile there are groups of people trying to exterminate countries of people.

i think within my lifetime, we're going to start seeing a really, really deluded and fucked up world. a new dark age maybe.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:22:01 AM

Authoritarianism has slowly been perfecting itself and the trend cant last, i dont know how we define "things getting worse" but i think we are heading towards a inevitable reset.   A war or a revolution of some sort.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:42:18 AM

Or is it the fact that people always tend to think that the present moment is always the worst?

There is so much crazy shit going on in the world right now.. you have the Putin vs. The West, Israeli-Palestine conflict, ISIS storming through Iraq and murdering innocent people, civil war in Syria, and health concerns about the Ebola virus..

Its always been like this. Before it was the Soviet union vs the west, Israeli-Palestine conflict, Iraq/Iran war, civil war in Li.. and so on.
What's new is the mass surveillance program, and the attempts by media and government to make it seem like its nothing to worry about.
And the debt and corruption is... getting way out of control..

Michael Jackson

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:55:30 AM

it will be really amazing later . with full of time and step it will change with really big . let see what will happened later.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:17:40 PM

There is less war now than there has been for centuries.  People live longer and, in the West, the poor today have a standard of living better than the rich of a century ago.

Life has never been better.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:12:52 PM

Global debt has never been this high, so things will get worse, especially for the west.

This

Google images "The population bubble"  come to your own conclusions.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:14:10 PM

There is less war now than there has been for centuries.  People live longer and, in the West, the poor today have a standard of living better than the rich of a century ago.

Life has never been better.

Wat in the wat of wat wat..  Half of the world is at war what are u on bro?

OOOOH some very small areas of the world are doing amazing.. /golf clap
Ivica

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

Does it seem like things are getting progressively worse?
Yes, things are getting exponentially worse.

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 03:35:46 PM

What are you telling about? Smiley

No it is not a fact that people always tend to think that present moment is always the worst.

You are watching too much news. Stop it. It is not good for you Smiley

Public media tend to manipulate your feelings.
Just look what they are serving for the news. At first you will hear about some death/war/murderer/etc.  Then something bad from the gov. Then some bullshit about nothing and at the end they will serve some nice infos about something good/funny/etc.

This is the scheme in every country. There is a reason why it is happening =)

In my opinion at the moment situation around the globe is quite difficult. But I know it can be better and it can be worst too.

Stop listening to social public media. Start thinking on your own.

Does it seem like things are getting progressively worse?
Yes, things are getting exponentially worse.

Can you tell me about what are you talking about?? Do you know that just less than 100 years ago there was a World War ][.
Before that (about 100 years ago) there was World War I.

And you are telling me that things are getting exponentially worse.

You people should think more realistic/optimistic.

Do you remember when during 2000-2006 terrorist were attacking most of the biggest cities of the world? London.. Moscow... etc.
That was BAD. That was terrible time.

And now you are telling that things are getting worse.

It all depends on where you live. I agree that if you live in Ukraine you might say that things are worse.

Do you remember Egypt ?? When "Anonymous" "came" to help them? And then you weren't saying that it is very bad.
But it was.

There will be always a war. Love. Hate. Anger. Passion. Birth. Death. Ice. Water. Fire.

Together we can change the world for a better place. But if people will feel depressed and stressed and they will act like a sheep. We will do nothing.

heads up! Be strong. Every day is a new day.
Ivica

Activity: 218

Firstbits: 19e3fc

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

You do realize, even you personally don't watch mass media news. You'll probably satisfy your information hunger using different means. For example discussing last real life events with your friends. Who are most likely watching mass media news.

19e3fcoLTu8YVFAU1NywJ88YnHH5kF8ScP - donations are welcome.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:09:44 PM

You do realize, even you personally don't watch mass media news. You'll probably satisfy your information hunger using different means. For example discussing last real life events with your friends. Who are most likely watching mass media news.

You'd be surprised. At my last job, my manager had no clue what the Tea Party was and this was in 2011.

The scary part about all those Jay Leno sidewalk skits is are actually true.
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:01:13 PM

I don't think that things are getting worse and worse. I think it may just be a personal view from your side, maybe some variance in judging the severeness of those things. I also don't think that you can decide whether things are getting worse by looking at such a small time span!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: