Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State Atheism  (Read 6757 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:08:23 PM

From everything that has been presented all anyone can conclude is that N. Korea is bad, but not because of atheism.  The fact that most dictatorships have not historically been atheist and still they are ALL BAD ought to have clued you in to your failed premise from the get-go.....but of course you are single-minded moron who  cannot see anything but your own version of religious insanity.
Well, of course, atheism is bad theology.  If Jesus is who He is, that would logically follow for those who take Him at this word.

But, premise in this thread?  No, simply that, there are no examples of the below (from the article) that anyone would want to emulate.  Not referring to secular societies and what mix and match they have (and what comes of that, in the short haul or long haul).

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice.
..you said atheism it has a bad track record.   What has a bad track record is dictatorships and not atheism.  Your alleged relationship is spurious.

Dictatorships have a bad track record, not just dictatorships that are athiest states, but ALL dictatorships.   It is not atheism that makes N. Korea bad....it is the dictator.  As I said many times and your pea-sized brain cannot comprehend...most dictatorships throughout history have NOT been atheist....and they were ALL bad.  So if one dictatorship promotes atheism, you concludes it must be the atheism that made them bad, and not the fact that all dictatorships throughout history have been bad, even when they ere fine with religion and full of religious people.    As further evidence you are a moron, nations full of atheists are routinely the best safest cleanest places to live on earth.

I have proven, beyond any reasonable doubt, that you are wrong.  As usual.
You can try and redefine things if it makes you feel better.

But, the premise is based on the article - in the context of this thread, atheism has a bad track record when promoted by governments.  But frankly, outside of government, not sure one can argue it has a good track record anyway.  But I was replying in light of the OP.
I didn't redefine anything .  I pointed out the spurious relationship that you are promoting and I proved it with evidence.  Your premise is that state atheism is bad.  The data clearly show that dictators are bad, whether they promote atheism or not.....so atheism has  to do with it.   My turtle could see this logic clearly.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:10:35 PM

From everything that has been presented all anyone can conclude is that N. Korea is bad, but not because of atheism.  The fact that most dictatorships have not historically been atheist and still they are ALL BAD ought to have clued you in to your failed premise from the get-go.....but of course you are single-minded moron who  cannot see anything but your own version of religious insanity.
Well, of course, atheism is bad theology.  If Jesus is who He is, that would logically follow for those who take Him at this word.

But, premise in this thread?  No, simply that, there are no examples of the below (from the article) that anyone would want to emulate.  Not referring to secular societies and what mix and match they have (and what comes of that, in the short haul or long haul).

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice.
..you said atheism it has a bad track record.   What has a bad track record is dictatorships and not atheism.  Your alleged relationship is spurious.

Dictatorships have a bad track record, not just dictatorships that are athiest states, but ALL dictatorships.   It is not atheism that makes N. Korea bad....it is the dictator.  As I said many times and your pea-sized brain cannot comprehend...most dictatorships throughout history have NOT been atheist....and they were ALL bad.  So if one dictatorship promotes atheism, you concludes it must be the atheism that made them bad, and not the fact that all dictatorships throughout history have been bad, even when they ere fine with religion and full of religious people.    As further evidence you are a moron, nations full of atheists are routinely the best safest cleanest places to live on earth.

I have proven, beyond any reasonable doubt, that you are wrong.  As usual.
You can try and redefine things if it makes you feel better.

But, the premise is based on the article - in the context of this thread, atheism has a bad track record when promoted by governments.  But frankly, outside of government, not sure one can argue it has a good track record anyway.  But I was replying in light of the OP.
I didn't redefine anything .  I pointed out the spurious relationship that you are promoting and I proved it with evidence.  Your premise is that state atheism is bad.  The data clearly show that dictators are bad, whether they promote atheism or not.....so atheism has  to do with it.   My turtle could see this logic clearly.
Actually, you believe the data does that.  As we have seen before, you tend to twist things based on your personal convictions.  You have not shown that all dictators are bad, for example.  And then you try to prove your case using secular societies, which are not the same, as noted by the article.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:20:03 PM

Look ....with your indoctrinated mush of a brain, you are ALWAYS going to believe atheism is bad.  That's fine.  But when you dishonestly try to associate it with anything else bad you will be made a fool.......as always.   Atheism in and of itself does not result in bad behavior.  The evidence is clear.  The lowest crime rate of any nation on earth happens in a country with the most atheists.  Only 18% of people in Sweden believe there is a god.  This must clearly be a hellhole of a lawless nation ....no???   They have the lowest incarceration rate in the world and have the lowest assault rate in the world, five times lower than the US, a nation of good Christian believers.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:31:13 PM

Look ....with your indoctrinated mush of a brain, you are ALWAYS going to believe atheism is bad.  That's fine.  But when you dishonestly try to associate it with anything else bad you will be made a fool.......as always.   Atheism in and of itself does not result in bad behavior.  The evidence is clear.  The lowest crime rate of any nation on earth happens in a country with the most atheists.  Only 18% of people in Sweden believe there is a god.  This must clearly be a hellhole of a lawless nation ....no???   They have the lowest incarceration rate in the world and have the lowest assault rate in the world, five times lower than the US, a nation of good Christian believers.
Which, by the way - your disgreement is with the article itself - and your means of doing so is by disagreeing with their definition.  Nevertheless, every state that they list that has promoted atheism - none of them are anything to write home to Ma about.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:43:58 PM

I could, and probably should, be arguing that nations full of atheists are the safest and best places on earth.  Because the data say they are.  Norway, Sweden, Denmark........full of non-believers and the highest quality of life indices on the planet.

I am not arguing it is better because that would be pointless with an idiot like you.  I am only saying that you are full of shit and there is no relation between atheism and bad behavior.  I would think from the evidence that even a turtle could understand that atheism itself is not the cause of N. Korea's poor record.
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:56:31 PM

Atheism is too extreme, man. I don't believe in a god either, but atheists are just buzzkills most of the time, man. They try to force their view on everyone else, this is just what religious people are doing all along! This ain't a good thing, man!

Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:13:10 PM

Which, by the way - your disgreement is with the article itself - and your means of doing so is by disagreeing with their definition.  Nevertheless, every state that they list that has promoted atheism - none of them are anything to write home to Ma about.
Atheism is a confounding variable.  The dependent variable is the dictatorship.  Atheism flowed from that, not the other way around.  The dictator merely wanted himself to the center of worship; hence, it is the dictator that is evil...not atheism.  This is called a spurious relationship.   Since you have never googled the word despite my many requests, it is a correlation that is not supported by causation. In other words, atheist nations are correlated with bad behavior. Is it the atheism that caused it?  Since the only nations that have ever been atheist are dictatorships, and ALL dictatorships are bad......we CANNOT conclude that atheism had ANYTHING to do with it....especially since other nations full of atheists have no such human rights issues.   Spurious relationship.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:22:49 PM

Atheism is a confounding variable.  The dependent variable is the dictatorship.  Atheism flowed from that, not the other way around.  The dictator merely wanted himself to the center of worship; hence, it is the dictator that is evil...not atheism.  This is called a spurious relationship.   Since you have never googled the word despite my many requests, it is a correlation that is not supported by causation. In other words, atheist nations are correlated with bad behavior. Is it the atheism that caused it?  Since the only nations that have ever been atheist are dictatorships, and ALL dictatorships are bad......we CANNOT conclude that atheism had ANYTHING to do with it....especially since other nations full of atheists have no such human rights issues.   Spurious relationship.

Apparently that article in the OP makes you uncomfortable.  You keep mixing up states that promote atheism with states that are secular.

So, lets ask this:

1.Do you think all dictators are evil?

2.Would you consider kings/queens types of dictators in any way?

3.Does atheism offer hope to people in any way?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:28:02 PM

Look ....with your indoctrinated mush of a brain, you are ALWAYS going to believe atheism is bad.  That's fine.  But when you dishonestly try to associate it with anything else bad you will be made a fool.......as always.   Atheism in and of itself does not result in bad behavior.  The evidence is clear.  The lowest crime rate of any nation on earth happens in a country with the most atheists.  Only 18% of people in Sweden believe there is a god.  This must clearly be a hellhole of a lawless nation ....no???   They have the lowest incarceration rate in the world and have the lowest assault rate in the world, five times lower than the US, a nation of good Christian believers.

You misunderstand almost completely.

This life is only for, maybe, a hundred years, but usually less. Following is eternity after the resurrection. Your proper belief in God in this life determines where you will spend eternity - a life of love and complete fulfillment with God in Heaven, or a life of continual dying in pain and agony in Hell.

One of the greatest reasons that atheists often have a good life is, the Devil has them already. He doesn't have to work at making their life miserable so that they turn away from God. Rather, he can spend his energies where they are needed, turning God fearing people away from God by making their life miserable.

The Devil is an enemy of God. He has lost the ages-old war with God. The mopping up is being done. His last stronghold is on earth. And he is using it to take down as many people of God as he can before the end finally comes, where he is tossed into the Lake of Fire, which is the dissolution of this whole universe into its component parts so that God can take His energy back, to use on things like the New Heavens and the New Earth.

People happen to be caught up in the middle of the final mopping up. And the reason science can't make heads or tails of what is happening is, they are unwilling to realize that there are such things as the Devil and God. They ignore most of the Reality Equation. The Devil wants it this way because, as the old saying goes, misery loves company. So, he pushes people every way that he can to make them deny God and become atheists, so they can't believe in God and be saved. It gives him more company.

What matters it to me whether or not anyone believes in God and is saved? It doesn't hurt me at all! But if you ARE an atheist, and you don't turn and look at the reality of God and the Devil during this life, when the truth is finally revealed to you in the resurrection, it will be too late for you to believe in God and be saved. You will find yourself thrown into the Lake of Fire along with the Devil and his buddy-angels, to spend eternity being destroyed in pain and anguish.

For your own good, wake up and see that this life was never meant to have anything "bad" happen in it at all. We were never meant to die. Death was brought about by people (Adam and Eve first) following the Devil rather than God, when he (the Devil) was thrown to earth during/after the battle for dominance. The Devil lost. God won. Our life here is the final chance a loving God is giving us, to turn to Him, and believe in Him so that we can be saved from the fate that awaits the Devil.

You atheists are completely throwing it away for yourselves.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:46:52 PM

Apparently that article in the OP makes you uncomfortable.  You keep mixing up states that promote atheism with states that are secular.

So, lets ask this:

The op doesn't make me uncomfortable at all.  You are just wrong.  There IS A solid argument that people who are atheists are better people.  Im not making that argument but the data from nations with majority atheists suggests its true.  Im not uncomfortable with anything you say.  Im just telling you that you are wrong.  I'm not debating with you.  Im telling you.   You on the other hand are also not debating...you are demonstrating your stupidity.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:06:02 PM

So, lets ask this:

The op doesn't make me uncomfortable at all.  You are just wrong.  There IS A solid argument that people who are atheists are better people.  Im not making that argument but the data from nations with majority atheists suggests its true.  Im not uncomfortable with anything you say.  Im just telling you that you are wrong.  I'm not debating with you.  Im telling you.   You on the other hand are also not debating...you are demonstrating your stupidity.

It does not make you uncomfortable?  Yet, the below questions were not answered.

Lets try again:

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:17:14 PM

Elimination of religious dogma that makes people beleve they are born "evil".

How totally fucked-up is it to teach children from DAY ONE that they are born "bad"?

Are you even capable of knowing how fucked-up your religion is?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
montello

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:18:57 PM

Got curious and was checking out China's position on religion.

Came across this article on State Atheism.  Rather interesting - rather like a State Church, like was common in Europe.  And, at least by definition, not the same as a secular state.

Examples of such were/are the communist states, Revolutionary France and Revolutionary Mexico.  The article goes into detail on each such country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

State atheism is the official promotion of atheism by a government, sometimes combined with active suppression of religious freedom and practice. In contrast, a secular state purports to be officially neutral in matters of religion, supporting neither religion nor irreligion. State atheism may refer to a government's anti-clericalism, which opposes religious institutional power and influence in all aspects of public and political life, including the involvement of religion in the everyday life of the citizen.

Why argue on an issue that can never be measured in any way bcos both Atheist and the God fearing will never come to compromise its the basic truth.

zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:30:46 PM

How totally fucked-up is it to teach children from DAY ONE that they are born "bad"?

You say you are not an atheist - so I ask you:

Why do you believe in things without any evidence for them?

If you say you are simply agnostic - many agnostics are just atheists under the cover.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:36:08 PM

If you say you are simply agnostic - many agnostics are just atheists under the cover.

I'm not agnostic,Zolace. When are you ever going to get that thru your thick skull.

I do not believe anything that has been proved wrong; ie, your religious beliefs.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:44:59 PM

I'm not agnostic,Zolace. When are you ever going to get that thru your thick skull.

I do not believe anything that has been proved wrong; ie, your religious beliefs.
You are saying you are not an atheist, nor agnostic.

Why don't you come right out and say what you believe?  Theist?  Pantheist?  What?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
sana8410

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:50:47 PM

You are saying you are not an atheist, nor agnostic.

Why don't you come right out and say what you believe?  Theist?  Pantheist?  What?
It doesn't matter what  YOU think I believe. You are the one who continues digging the hole. Your religious beliefs are wrong, and the evidence supports it.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
nicojuritz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

The write up doesn't really hit me but its clean and clear that Atheists will never accept there's a supreme being called GOD Almighty.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

My position has always been straight-forward and beyond doubt.You are a believer in superstitious nonsense.  Christianity is equal to belief in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.
All I need to is to present people like You,as witness...

You can't tell the difference except to claim it's a matter of opinion.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:31:21 PM

So, lets ask this:

It does not make you uncomfortable?  Yet, the below questions were not answered.

Lets try again:

1. Most
2. Some
3. Yes

you though you had a point.  I have already proven beyond any doubt that atheism in an of itself does not lead to bad behavior.  Go to a prison .....interview the violent offenders.   Take a guess at how many are Christian and how many are atheist.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/why-atheists-make-85-percent-americas-scientists-and-07-percent-its-prison

Atheists make up 0.07 percent of the prison population....yet they make up 10% of the general population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism#North_America

That is statistically significant and any researcher would conclude that atheists are statistically less likely to be arrested for a crime and imprisoned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: