Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State Atheism  (Read 6757 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:20:03 PM

I presented multiple pieces of information on Norways happiness.  How they rate high in numerous surveys and every year...not just one study.  Also other pieces of information on similar countries with similar happiness like Sweden, Denmakr, Astralia, new Zealand.

I presented other pieces of evidence regarding no atheists in prison.

I presented evidence of low crime in nations with low religious belief.

I presented the evidence of lack of religious belief.

Conclusion....I presented multiple lines of evidence that suggests atheists are happy, safe, peaceful,  don't commit crime, etc.  This is counter to your position of atheism being bad and immoral.

Have you no answer?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

Are you two trying to see how long the moderator lets you keep your nonsense up?

Smiley
I am just trying to make a point,but if it bothers you,i am sorry!

Doesn't bother me at all. Just kinda humorous, that's all. Usually the logic in something like this is way more evident.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:51:40 PM

I was thinking this thread would be about atheists who treat government as their new religion.  Ah well.

Yes, it's true that nations which have fewer religious people--not necessarily atheists, but any non-religious, i.e. at least semi-rational--live happier, more peaceful and productive lives.  Not because religion isn't present, it's because people who choose non-religion typically have more powerful reasoning skills, which is perfectly ideal for the market environment: ability to negotiate and foresee implications, rather than resorting to violence (whether criminally or politically) and advocating equality-of-outcome.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:43:58 PM

I was thinking this thread would be about atheists who treat government as their new religion.  Ah well.

Yes, it's true that nations which have fewer religious people--not necessarily atheists, but any non-religious, i.e. at least semi-rational--live happier, more peaceful and productive lives.  Not because religion isn't present, it's because people who choose non-religion typically have more powerful reasoning skills, which is perfectly ideal for the market environment: ability to negotiate and foresee implications, rather than resorting to violence (whether criminally or politically) and advocating equality-of-outcome.

Isn't an atheist a believer that God doesn't exist?

Isn't religion essentially what a person believes and confirms by his actions, though it may not be organized religion?

Hasn't science proven that nature has developed untold numbers of things that are way beyond what man understands, at least presently?

Doesn't the definition of "God" include someone or something that is way beyond man, or that has developed things that are way beyond man?

Isn't it about time that we re-evaluate how much of the scientifically expressed "opinions" are simply political propaganda, and how many are scientific truths?

We are being misled by political propaganda about how random the universe is and about how great man is. It's being done so that we fall prey to "delusions of grandeur," and the politicians can control us because of the weakness of our pride.

It's time that we wake up and see that, if humans are making great advancements in knowledge and technology, we are on the bottom of the pile of the kinds of creatures that have the abilities to do such.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:27:24 AM

For the sake of discussion....Lets say that one link doesn't exist.  This will send your pathetic mind into convulsions since you have been using that one link as an excuse to avoid addressing the actual issue.  Forget that link.  Drop it.  It never existed.  Lets talk about all the others.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:36:23 AM

For the sake of discussion....Lets say that one link doesn't exist.  This will send your pathetic mind into convulsions since you have been using that one link as an excuse to avoid addressing the actual issue.  Forget that link.  Drop it.  It never existed.  Lets talk about all the others.
You made the claim from that thread, and have refused to back it up since.   No 'for the sake of discussion'.  Either you can show why the link supports your case, or you cannot.   Take a position - and if you think it supports your case, post what it says about Norway that does that.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:37:29 AM

I'm willing to bet a million dollars that zolace does not in fact come back and address the point and will remain fixated on a line of questioning about one statement from one link in a desperate attempt to avoid looking at anything other than the  dark corners of his closed mind.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:38:45 AM

Meanwhile, based on this link below, that you provided, it is clear that Norwegian's happiness would even be greater than it is now, if not for so many embracing atheism.  In fact, it refutes all your other links also.
And, as you have done with this link, all I need to support my statement above is to reference the same link you did. 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/10/29/the-worlds-happiest-and-saddest-countries-2013/

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:55:04 AM

Meanwhile, based on this link below, that you provided, it is clear that Norwegian's happiness would even be greater than it is now, if not for so many embracing atheism.  In fact, it refutes all your other links also.
And, as you have done with this link, all I need to support my statement above is to reference the same link you did. 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/10/29/the-worlds-happiest-and-saddest-countries-2013/
How does the link on Norways happiness refute the fact there are almost no atheists in American prisons?

How does that link refute the fact the nonreligious nations have low crime?

You cant refute my claims, which are supported by all my links.  Atheists dont commit crime, places where atheists live are safe, and atheists are happy.  These are all facts supported by the studies I posted.  You made claims you have not supported.... you could do something you have never once attempted to do......support them.
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:03:35 AM

He now claims the one link on happiness in Norway says that Norwegians would be happier if they were religious (there is nothing whatsoever in the link that says anything remotely similar to this).  He claims this one study on happiness in Norway disproves all my other links......i.e., the link on the happiness of Norway somehow disproves low crime statistics of other non-religious nations, it disproves the fact almost no atheists are in American prisons and are under -represented in prison by two orders of magnitude.
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:16:39 AM

This one link on happiness and quality of life in one country apparently disproves data on crime and prison and atheism throughout the world. Tomas, in his delusional mind, believes he has read this in the link on Norway's happiness.

I cant wait to hear zolace' defense of this position.   Oh wait....that's not his style....to actually defend anything he ever says with evidence.....why would he do so now?   He will come back and do what he has done from the beginning....say nothing about anything and simply keep repeating what he hopes to be true in the face of zero evidence.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:22:12 AM

This one link on happiness and quality of life in one country apparently disproves data on crime and prison and atheism throughout the world. Tomas, in his delusional mind, believes he has read this in the link on Norway's happiness.

I cant wait to hear zolace' defense of this position.   Oh wait....that's not his style....to actually defend anything he ever says with evidence.....why would he do so now?   He will come back and do what he has done from the beginning....say nothing about anything and simply keep repeating what he hopes to be true in the face of zero evidence.
Yes, how does it?  Well, I would have to post some excerpts from it to try and demonstrate that.  The VERY thing I have been trying to get you to do with this link.

Yet you keep making excuses for not doing so.  So, now you get upset because I play your game here?  Ah the irony.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

Yes, how does it?  Well, I would have to post some excerpts from it to try and demonstrate that.  The VERY thing I have been trying to get you to do with this link.

Yet you keep making excuses for not doing so.  So, now you get upset because I play your game here?  Ah the irony.
...why are you so dishonest?   Doesn't your god disapprove of dishonesty?

You know the link about a single study of Norway's happiness in no way disproves any of the other links.   Norwegian people's happiness is not related to the fact almost no atheists are in American prisons.   You know Norwegian happiness does not disprove low crime in other nonreligious places.  You also know there is nothing in that link or any other link that says Norwegians would be happier if they were more religious.   They used to be more religious and they werent happier.  If anything to that effect was in that link or anywhere else would have posted it by now. 
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:39:53 AM

Why cant you just be happy believing what you do?  Why must you lie about other people in order to feel better about yourself?  It goes without saying that you are a pathetic human being. If god wants lying assholes like you in heaven, all the more reason for me to not want anything to do with that shit.
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:11:24 AM

It is up to you if you ever want to talk like an adult and respond to my position with any reasoned logic or explanation of why you feel the way you do.  That is up to you ......not me.    I am not going to make the case of an idiot when I cant even see your case or what your mentally deranged mind is thinking.   Only the mentally deranged person himself (you) can tell me what you think you see in that link that disproves my entire case.

Ready go!
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:13:59 AM

It is up to you if you ever want to talk like an adult and respond to my position with any reasoned logic or explanation of why you feel the way you do.  That is up to you ......not me.    I am not going to make the case of an idiot when I cant even see your case or what your mentally deranged mind is thinking.   Only the mentally deranged person himself (you) can tell me what you think you see in that link that disproves my entire case.

Ready go!

You spend 13 pages asking me over and over about one link, that alone makes no case other than Norwegians are happy and socially cohesive.

Good grief, as noted in the other thread, you have not even shown that from the link below.

So, again, playing your game, the link below actually shows that Norwegians happiness is high despite the atheism.  I need not reference anything from the thread to support that, per you.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:35:29 AM

Ready go!

You spend 13 pages asking me over and over about one link, that alone makes no case other than Norwegians are happy and socially cohesive.

Good grief, as noted in the other thread, you have not even shown that from the link below.

So, again, playing your game, the link below actually shows that Norwegians happiness is high despite the atheism.  I need not reference anything from the thread to support that, per you.

Here are the exact  words from this one link again that demonstrate, without a shadow of a doubt, that this link and the study therein have concluded Norwegians and happy and socially cohesive.....more so than most all other nations.  There are a number of reasons, including social cohesion and a social safety net and personal freedoms to believe what they like.

Cut and paste directly from the link you have been obsessing over.

"So who’s the happiest? As has been the case the past five years, that distinction goes to countries that enjoy peace, freedom, good healthcare, quality education, a functioning political system and plenty of opportunity: Norway, Sweden, Canada and New Zealand.

Legatum scores the world’s countries on entrepreneurship, personal freedom, health, economy, social capital, education, safety & security, and governance.

"Norway has ranked first on Legatum’s list in each of the past five years".  a country with "a history of social cohesion"

Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:39:42 AM

This is one of many links I supplied.  Along with the other links that showed they aren't very religious...only about a tenth of the people go to church.  the majority view religion as unimportant.  Yet, there is no crime, they are safe, they have social cohesion, they are happy.  How can a nation have a happy people who are safe and have high moral standards yet not care about religion?  Why are so few atheists in prison in the US if you believe they have no moral compass?

Why are you so afraid to answer this?
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

Ready go!

Here are the exact  words from this one link again that demonstrate, without a shadow of a doubt, that this link and the study therein have concluded Norwegians and happy and socially cohesive.....more so than most all other nations.  There are a number of reasons, including social cohesion and a social safety net and personal freedoms to believe what they like.

"So who’s the happiest? As has been the case the past five years, that distinction goes to countries that enjoy peace, freedom, good healthcare, quality education, a functioning political system and plenty of opportunity: Norway, Sweden, Canada and New Zealand.

Legatum scores the world’s countries on entrepreneurship, personal freedom, health, economy, social capital, education, safety & security, and governance.

"Norway has ranked first on Legatum’s list in each of the past five years".  a country with "a history of social cohesion"

interesting that this was ALL you quote from that link on Norway. Kind of telling, I think.  But putting that aside for now:
So, we agree that, based on what you are posting, that first link you supplied does not support your contention that Norway's happiness is connected with atheism. 

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:51:58 AM

Ready go!

interesting that this was ALL you quote from that link on Norway. Kind of telling, I think.  But putting that aside for now:
So, we agree that, based on what you are posting, that first link you supplied does not support your contention that Norway's happiness is connected with atheism. 
You are lucky I answer you every time.  I have been asking you questions for 9 pages that you wont answer.

You are also a remarkable liar. You claim I just posted the wordsfrom that link when I have done so many times. I posted the entire article about Legatum in from another source.  I posed links on scientists who are atheists, links on low numbers of atheists in prison, links on countries such as New Zealand, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany.   Links on low crime in nations with low belief.  Links on happiness in multiple nations with no belief.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: