Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State Atheism  (Read 6757 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM

You have a ton of unanswered questions in here and you run from them like the plague by dancing around the one link about Norwegians happiness for weeks on end.

I told you many times.  Forget that one link exists.  Pretend I don't have it in my arsenal.  Lets stick to the links about happiness of the danes, dutch, germans.  Lets stick to the low crime in other nonreligious places.  Lets stick to the lack of atheists in prison. Forget the first link exists, how do you explain all this if atheists have no morals?

Answer:  You cant.  It makes your head smoke and does not compute so you dance and avoid.  

Come back with dialogue  zolace.   You haven't even ever said what you disagree with even in that one link.  You have never entered the discussion.   Do so, or please shut up.
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:50:51 PM

You have a ton of unanswered questions in here and you run from them like the plague by dancing around the one link about Norwegians happiness for weeks on end.

I told you many times.  Forget that one link exists.  Pretend I don't have it in my arsenal.  Lets stick to the links about happiness of the danes, dutch, germans.  Lets stick to the low crime in other nonreligious places.  Lets stick to the lack of atheists in prison. Forget the first link exists, how do you explain all this if atheists have no morals?

Answer:  You cant.  It makes your head smoke and does not compute so you dance and avoid.  

Come back with dialogue  zolace.   You haven't even ever said what you disagree with even in that one link.  You have never entered the discussion.   Do so, or please shut up.
We will get to that.  But, we see how you have cherry picked from the first link, so that has yet to be established that the other links connect atheism to any benefits in any causal way.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/10/29/the-worlds-happiest-and-saddest-countries-2013/

Ok, so I can quote you on agreeing that the first link (above here), by itself, in no way shows that Norwegians happiness has anything to do with atheism.

We can then move on to the other links - unless you voice your disagreement with that.  Else, as noted, I can quote you.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:59:59 PM

We will get to that.  But, we see how you have cherry picked from the first link, so that has yet to be established that the other links connect atheism to any benefits in any causal way.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/10/29/the-worlds-happiest-and-saddest-countries-2013/

Ok, so I can quote you on agreeing that the first link (above here), by itself, in no way shows that Norwegians happiness has anything to do with atheism.

We can then move on to the other links - unless you voice your disagreement with that.  Else, as noted, I can quote you.
No you cannot quote me with your misinterpretations.  No piece of information alone makes the case.....but that study is part of it all.  I don't need it to make my case if it will shut you up and get you to enter the debate.  In your obsession to avoid the question, all you can do is continue to circle back to the exact same argument of the previous 300 posts.  You are waaaaaaaay beyond disturbed zolace.

It is part of the body of evidence I presented that suggests atheists are law abiding happy people,  to which you cannot respond.
Rigon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:03:58 PM

C'mon ...do you agree or disagree with the data hat suggests places with low value on religion and fewer religious people are saf, have low crime and have generally happy people according to surveys?  What is your explanation?  If atheism takes away people's morals, how are these places so safe and happy?  Why are so few atheists in prison?  You may disagree with the data.  If you do, it would be nice if you were capable of explaining why at some point in the discussion.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:06:21 PM

No you cannot quote me with your misinterpretations.  No piece of information alone makes the case.....but that study is part of it all.  I don't need it to make my case if it will shut you up and get you to enter the debate.  In your obsession to avoid the question, all you can do is continue to circle back to the exact same argument of the previous 300 posts.  You are waaaaaaaay beyond disturbed zolace.

It is part of the body of evidence I presented that suggests atheists are law abiding happy people,  to which you cannot respond.
Look, the first link, by itself, does not even offer a hint that atheism is connected with Norwegians happiness.  And lets face it, you cherry picked from the first link.  There are a few references to Norway that you refuse to even touch.  True?  In fact, from that link, of the four references to Norway, I don't think you quoted any of them here.  None of these below quotes mentions Norway.  Why would you avoid quoting actual sections from the article that actually reference Norway?  Hmm.
"countries that enjoy peace, freedom, good healthcare, quality education, a functioning political system and plenty of opportunity"

"Legatum scores the world’s countries on entrepreneurship, personal freedom, health, economy, social capital, education, safety & security"

"History of social cohesion"

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:09:01 PM

So, if the purpose for you with the first link is establish that Norwegians are rated very high in happiness, as I said before, we are good on that .    If all you wanted was to establish that, and then via the other links try and connect that happiness with atheism, that is fine.  Of course, you did not even establish with any of your quotes above from the first link that Norwegians are even mentioned, let alone happy, which is ironic, but since I read the whole article, and did not cherry pick it, I can concur..

But that you cannot commit to that being your only purpose in giving the first link, even that is very telling.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:16:40 PM

So, if the purpose for you with the first link is establish that Norwegians are rated very high in happiness, as I said before, we are good on that .    If all you wanted was to establish that, and then via the other links try and connect that happiness with atheism, that is fine.  Of course, you did not even establish with any of your quotes above from the first link that Norwegians are even mentioned, let alone happy, which is ironic, but since I read the whole article, and did not cherry pick it, I can concur..

But that you cannot commit to that being your only purpose in giving the first link, even that is very telling.
Whenever you are ready to answer the charge that atheists don't commit crime, non-religious places in numerous countries are safer than the US, the people are often happier than in the US.    There aren't many atheists in prison.

Whenever you are ready to explain why these data are wrong, or why the data suggest atheists have good morals, I am waiting.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

Whenever you are ready to answer the charge that atheists don't commit crime, non-religious places in numerous countries are safer than the US, the people are often happier than in the US.    There aren't many atheists in prison.

Whenever you are ready to explain why these data are wrong, or why the data suggest atheists have good morals, I am waiting.
Actually, what we are seeing is that you have done a poor job of connecting the links you have posted, with the claims you have made.

Clearly, the first link helps you not at all. In fact, it may actually argue your case - which may be why you have avoided noting any references from the first link that actually mention Norway.

As to the other links you provided - I think over 280 post sums up where we can find such links going forward.  You do not disagree with that, so, I will start with one of them next.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:46:25 PM

Actually, what we are seeing is that you have done a poor job of connecting the links you have posted, with the claims you have made.

Clearly, the first link helps you not at all. In fact, it may actually argue your case - which may be why you have avoided noting any references from the first link that actually mention Norway.

As to the other links you provided - I think over 280 post sums up where we can find such links going forward.  You do not disagree with that, so, I will start with one of them next.
Lets start with just one technical issue to keep it simple for you and see if you are capable of your very first rebuttal with an actual point.

Atheism and crime.

The blind study that was anonymous and surveyed over 4000 US prisoners found 0.7% atheists in prison, and nearly 9% of atheists in the general population.  Is there something wrong with the study?  Are atheists bad and have no morals.... but the police just don't catch them and send them to prison?  Are the prisoners lying even though the survey is completely anonymous?  What is your argument that these data don't make a case that atheists appear to be law abiding and morally intact? Present data or evidence to substantiate your argument that this study is wrong.

Do the data on crime in nonreligious communities, which indicate much lower rates of crime than in the US, corroborate that atheists appear to have morals and do not commit crime?  Or are they committing crime and being immoral and not getting caught?    If you believe this, present some data to counter it.

I have presented data and studies.  You have presented......nothing.     Wouldn't you like to try to have your first debate zolace?
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:52:40 PM

Lets start with just one technical issue to keep it simple for you and see if you are capable of your very first rebuttal with an actual point.

Atheism and crime.

The blind study that was anonymous and surveyed over 4000 US prisoners found 0.7% atheists in prison, and nearly 9% of atheists in the general population.  Is there something wrong with the study?  Are atheists bad and have no morals.... but the police just don't catch them and send them to prison?  Are the prisoners lying even though the survey is completely anonymous?  What is your argument that these data don't make a case that atheists appear to be law abiding and morally intact? Present data or evidence to substantiate your argument that this study is wrong.

Do the data on crime in nonreligious communities, which indicate much lower rates of crime than in the US, corroborate that atheists appear to have morals and do not commit crime?  Or are they committing crime and being immoral and not getting caught?    If you believe this, present some data to counter it.

I have presented data and studies.  You have presented......nothing.     Wouldn't you like to try to have your first debate zolace?
The bigger challenge is not explaining why - it getting your eyes open to see it.  You are prone to superficial connections - confusing even causality with correlation.

And also part of the problem is that you keep getting confused over what is being discussed.

For example - the issue is not whether an atheist can or cannot be happy.  But, if he is happy, whether it is due to his atheism.

As far as moral - again, no one is argueing whether an atheist can have morals.  But its another thing to argue that atheism promotes morals.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:57:43 PM

Atheism and crime.

The bigger challenge is not explaining why - it getting your eyes open to see it.  You are prone to superficial connections - confusing even causality with correlation.

And also part of the problem is that you keep getting confused over what is being discussed.

For example - the issue is not whether an atheist can or cannot be happy.  But, if he is happy, whether it is due to his atheism.

As far as moral - again, no one is argueing whether an atheist can have morals.  But its another thing to argue that atheism promotes morals.
If you ever decide to answer my questions, which are derived from solid data and provide sound evidence to my conclusions.  I am here.  As long as you obfuscate, you have lost by never engaging in the discussion. You look only like an idiot who continues to dodge and avoid.

It must suck to have no answers and not be capable of defending a position.   I wish you luck.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:03:46 PM

Atheism and crime.

If you ever decide to answer my questions, which are derived from solid data and provide sound evidence to my conclusions.  I am here.  As long as you obfuscate, you have lost by never engaging in the discussion. You look only like an idiot who continues to dodge and avoid.

It must suck to have no answers and not be capable of defending a position.   I wish you luck.
You have yet to provide one piece of data supporting any connection between atheism and happiness.  Not one.

Not data supporting that you can find happy atheists - that there is a connection between atheism and happiness.  If anything (and you cannot deny this) - we have seen you cherry pick from the first link.  That right there puts your case into question.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:08:14 PM

Hey, on the prison survey - for the prisoners taking the survey, was data included for how long they were in prison?  What were their beliefs prior to reaching prison?  Etc? 
People find 'religion' in hardship times such as jail.  Atheism is the type of thing people are more likely to embrace when things are going well - not for when they are looking for hope.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: