Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:36:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What hapenned with DCM?  (Read 3026 times)
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:21:49 PM

What hapenned with DCM? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636470.0

Why aren´t the devs banneds and labels as scammers? Where are all the investors money?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:26:56 PM

The Devs have been labeled as scammers.  One of the devs also was the lead dev of XBC (2nd lead dev, I should say) and he also bailed on that coin too.

As for the investor's money, I guess it's in those dev's bank accounts right now? They have all the IPO funds.

It's a good coin for a potential takeover if anyone out there was so inclined. But I don't even think DCM is listed on any exchanges anymore.
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:29:51 PM

The Devs have been labeled as scammers.  One of the devs also was the lead dev of XBC (2nd lead dev, I should say) and he also bailed on that coin too.

As for the investor's money, I guess it's in those dev's bank accounts right now? They have all the IPO funds.

It's a good coin for a potential takeover if anyone out there was so inclined. But I don't even think DCM is listed on any exchanges anymore.

Label as scammer where? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=192605 The devs stills visit and post in the forum, lol.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:33:41 PM

The Devs have been labeled as scammers.  One of the devs also was the lead dev of XBC (2nd lead dev, I should say) and he also bailed on that coin too.

Label as scammer where? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=192605

If you mean as far trust rating, nope. I just meant as far as public knowledge goes.
Wolf Rainer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:35:35 PM

The Devs have been labeled as scammers.  One of the devs also was the lead dev of XBC (2nd lead dev, I should say) and he also bailed on that coin too.

Label as scammer where? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=192605

If you mean as far trust rating, nope. I just meant as far as public knowledge goes.

Public knowledge? I don´t remember they users without read the annon thread... So there´s a lot of people can be scammed by this guys. Why the mods not banned they and label like scammers? It´s there any search of the devs to put they in jail?

It´s seems like they scammed all the community and no one cares of punish them.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:42:19 PM

Public knowledge? I don´t remember they users without read the annon thread... So there´s a lot of people can be scammed by this guys. Why the mods not banned they and label like scammers? It´s there any search of the devs to put they in jail?

It´s seems like they scammed all the community and no one cares of punish they.

I should say public knowledge for anyone involved in that DCM thread, or the 2nd locked DCM thread. Bob still sometimes gets negative comments in some threads due to his involvement with that coin. Not sure if anyone else involved has posted anywhere since then.

I'm sure people care, just what do you propose anyone really do? If a dev bails on a coin it's not exactly a criminal offense. Coins were provided via escrow on the exchange... people got what they initially paid for. Of course by not using the IPO funds for development of the coin and running away, people would rightfully view them as scammers here. But it doesn't mean it's a criminal offense.

And yes, the devs could still scam people. But I don't see them doing it with those same usernames. And again, there isn't a whole lot people can do about that.
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:55:47 AM

Perhaps you start by asking KreativeKrypto on twitter           https://twitter.com/Altcoin_SunTzu

█████████████████████
MarketMagic

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:05:20 PM

It´s seems like they scammed all the community and no one cares of punish they.

I should say public knowledge for anyone involved in that DCM thread, or the 2nd locked DCM thread. Bob still sometimes gets negative comments in some threads due to his involvement with that coin. Not sure if anyone else involved has posted anywhere since then.

I'm sure people care, just what do you propose anyone really do? If a dev bails on a coin it's not exactly a criminal offense. Coins were provided via escrow on the exchange... people got what they initially paid for. Of course by not using the IPO funds for development of the coin and running away, people would rightfully view them as scammers here. But it doesn't mean it's a criminal offense.

And yes, the devs could still scam people. But I don't see them doing it with those same usernames. And again, there isn't a whole lot people can do about that.

Quote]"Of course by not using the IPO funds for development of the coin and running away, people would rightfully view them as scammers here. But it doesn't mean it's a criminal offense."[Unquote

That would be called misappropriation and embezzlement and certainly would be classed as a criminal offence and furthermore if it was a preplanned event it would be classed as serious fraud however as of yet the coin is not verified dead but negligence and wrecklesness has been shown so far.

This coin was presented and IPO funds were raised for the development and functioning of it supported by those funds.Anyone who embezzled those funds or missappropriated them for any other reason without express permission of the investors need to take a reality check.

█████████████████████
DoraTheBTCexplorer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:08:00 PM

i think it got confirmed as a total scam  Cry
MarketMagic

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:38:14 PM

Digital commerce wallet is functioning and coins are still staking however the website and links to block explorer/richlist and wallet link are no longer operational.

█████████████████████
carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:23:09 PM

Hi,
I just realized this scam.  Embarrassed got a wallet with 22K in it (about 1 btc at the time of buying)  Cry

AFAIK the only exchanger for this coin was BitTrex.com , but I don't have seen any email reporting on this scam.

That behavior from BitTrex.com is very unpleasant  Angry
At least they could have sent an email to customers who traded this coin, and acknowledge the fact this was obviously a Scam coin.

I remember they were holding the biggest wallet of this coin, so they were either victim or guilty about the scam...  Huh

anyway, just my 22k  Lips sealed

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:26:49 PM

Hi,
I just realized this scam.  Embarrassed got a wallet with 22K in it (about 1 btc at the time of buying)  Cry

AFAIK the only exchanger for this coin was BitTrex.com , but I don't have seen any email reporting on this scam.

That behavior from BitTrex.com is very unpleasant  Angry
At least they could have sent an email to customers who traded this coin, and acknowledge the fact this was obviously a Scam coin.

I remember they were holding the biggest wallet of this coin, so they were either victim or guilty about the scam...  Huh

anyway, just my 22k  Lips sealed

Bittrex consistently removes coins with low volume. They probably should email customers who may have coins about to be delisted, but don't believe they do, do they? Not sure.

It wasn't delisted because it was a scam exactly... it was delisted because nobody was trading the thing after the devs packed up and left.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

Man they broke up years ago. Let it go.
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:42:59 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2014, 11:23:57 AM by egghead123

wallet wont sync.anyone got any connections?
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:29:04 PM

I just noticed this thread. Gonna quote some things. I was that PM he was talking about.

I've addressed several concerns about Digital Commerce Coin (dCM) via private message and I've intentionally tried to keep it off of our Einsteinium thread. I've made a few posts in the past regarding what happened but there are still people who still need answers. I hope this helps.

What is (was) Digital Commerce (dCM) coin?
Digital Commerce Coin was a cryptocurrency initially developed by KryptoKreative, Wallenstein, and SeriousCoins. After it's initial inception, bobsurplus and aszu were brought in by KreativeKytpo and as such I was contacted to offer release support, wallet design, graphics, and marketing plans. The initial goal of the coin was to be focused exclusively in API creation and e-commerce adoption. dCM was released on Bittrex as a 130btc IPO (divided between 6 devs) before releasing on the market for open trading.

What was my role in dCM coin?
As stated above, my role was to do graphics, marketing, wallet design, logo, etc. I created the wallet graphics and setup / operated social media accounts. It was also my role to offer my percentage of IPO funds back into the coin. Within the first 1.5 weeks I had already spent 5 btc on renting hash, supporting the price, hiring a developer for PoS fixes, paying for the merchant center backend, and server fees. I was not a lead dev by any means, but whoever controlled the ANN thread placed my name up as "lead dev" which is very misleading.

What happened to dCM?
Within a few days of our release, there was another coin (Harmony) that literally copied our ANN and tried to copy our success. This upset a few members of our team to the point of publicly addressing the issue in the Harmony forum. I think this is where the rift started within the team. There was a lot of big problems between KreativeKrypo and Bobsurplus that seemed to stem beyond what was happening with Harmony. Bobsurplus left the team and a lot of problems happened in public which drove our price below IPO level and breaking my buy support. At this point, it seemed the team stopped communicating as a group. Messages would go ignored or unanswered and the core team would be offline for days on end. I was locked out of the ANN thread and my name was moved up as a lead dev. I am still waiting and trying to figure out what happened to our plans. All of IPO money I've received is still being kept intact, unspent, and waiting for news on what's going to happen with it. A lot of people are calling the coin a scam, but I assure you that was not the intention at all. The coin fell like a house of cards due to FUD and it scared away the lead devs.

What is the future of dCM?
Honestly, similar FUD campaigns were used on Einsteinium which caused the price to drop heavily. I stuck through to make sure the coin didn't die and now I am spending extra time to rebuild EMC2 into something valuable for investors. Once Einsteinium is a success, I may take full control over dCM if the original devs don't come back. I'm not a quitter and I stand by everything I do. Please let me know if you have any more questions about dCM via private message.

Also here is the windows wallet file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdus007am89p6o8/dCom-qt-1.02.exe

Some people have been having trouble syncing. I wouldnt doubt that the blockchain is forked. If anyone wants, i can dropbox my appdata folder sans wallet.

As of writing this, here are some console commands and values im getting.

getblockcount = 102984

getcheckpoint =
{
"synccheckpoint" : "dc303d701db0e49bc5456cc7b1f0fae645f3fa31261fa3600a3d56ebeb8275f5",
"height" : 102979,
"timestamp" : "2014-09-03 21:12:38 UTC"
}

getconnectioncount = 4

getdifficulty =
{
"proof-of-work" : 0.21441682,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00031395,
"search-interval" : 134
}

getinfo = (i removed some personal info / nonsense from the result)
{
"version" : "v1.6.2.0",
"protocolversion" : 60006,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 102986,
"moneysupply" : 1535997.09057900,
"connections" : 4,
"difficulty" : 0.21441682,
"testnet" : false,
}

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

I think it has been forked.I wiped everything and got a new wallet and put in the backup but still wont sync either.
CommanderVenus

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:07:49 PM

This is why you don't invest in newer coins. Most of them are scams and you will get burned.
Why don't you listen to other people before making stupid decisions  Huh
Yes, the victim is definitely who is at fault here..

I get what youre saying though, but not everyone has been so involved with altcoins since every one of them turned into a scam. I mean theres new bitcoiners everyday that might fall into the trap of an altcoin that promises the world.

ahumanbeingx explained everything that happened though. I think his word is trustworthy.

MarketMagic

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:56:37 AM

This is why you don't invest in newer coins. Most of them are scams and you will get burned.
Why don't you listen to other people before making stupid decisions  Huh

dCom is not the next bitcoin? Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin..maybe ebay2.0 Shocked Shocked Shocked

█████████████████████
CommanderVenus

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

Why don't you listen to other people before making stupid decisions  Huh
Yes, the victim is definitely who is at fault here..

I get what youre saying though, but not everyone has been so involved with altcoins since every one of them turned into a scam. I mean theres new bitcoiners everyday that might fall into the trap of an altcoin that promises the world.

ahumanbeingx explained everything that happened though. I think his word is trustworthy.
Well it is.
Why are all these random people acting like they are investors? There is a difference between investing into a company like Facebook, Google and investing into something made by a man who is unknown and could be a shady character.

Why bother with bitcoin then am i right?

Efelts01

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

Fuckers
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: