Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:17:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Key Points about the Jewish religion  (Read 4184 times)
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:55:52 PM

[/quote]

I personally think that it is weird that God would sacrifice himself to himself to appease his own wrath.
[/quote]

God cant possibly have sacrificed himself, or we'd all be wrong lol..
Decksperiment

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:58:59 PM

I was told by a Rabbi that no man can die for another man's sins. So that is why Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.
That rabbi seems like an idiot. Try thinking about all the exceptions to what he said.
Can you name some exceptions in the Jewish religion?
I can name examples in life. I can't say I care enough about any religion to worry about trying to justify anything based on the drugged ramblings of bronze age barbarians.
I'm arguing from the religious standpoint. I myself am secular. But I was arguing from the Jewish standpoint. I wasn't arguing life examples; only Jewish examples.

I personally think that it is weird that God would sacrifice himself to himself to appease his own wrath.
First, you are heavily religious, and pretending otherwise is kind of juvenile.

Second, you made a straightforward comment you attributed to some unknown rabbi. The comment was blatantly and obviously untrue literally. I said so. The statement itself was neither religious nor secular.

This is a bit of an unfair comment, I am no-where near religious, but know quite a bit on many different remix's of the same tune, does this make me (heavily) multi religious?
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:27:32 AM

Yeah? So what exactly is intelligent enough to create everything, and ensure there are ZERO duplicates in all it's complexities? You think maths is man made? lol

yes maths IS man made!

not only that but most of it is pretty dumb, incorrect, and only works to explain the simplest of things, see quantum mechanics..

some believe math to be very advanced skills, IT IS NOT.  they believe this because their comprehension level is quite low,

same applies to religion
Decksperiment

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:38:28 AM

I beg to differ..

Countless years ago caveman noticed some birds flew together, Pigeons in two's, blackbirds may have took that to three in order to fend off groups of seagulls.. you have'nt noticed that yet? And so on.. so they learnt 1, 2, 3..  some leaves had the same amount of 'point's as a man had fingers, whilst other's cut open others to see how they worked, and discovered they all had 7 vital organs, and looked at the stars and noticed that there were 7 internal stars that moved slightly quicker than the countless others..

They learnt ages of trees, by the rings, how many dark nights before the next 'lit' nights as the moon waxed and waned..

Yeah man made maths.. so how come every frequency that has existed since before this planet was born can still be found on it's numerical position in the entire spectrum? Oh, I forgot, man made everything.. haha..

I suppose man made the fact that the sun and the moon appear the same size because one is 400 times smaller, whilst being 400 times closer to us? I guess man made that mathematical fact too huh?

Take a monthly bill. Can you count? You know there are 12 months in the year, but pay 13 bills a year. Most people never question the legality of this fact. What you cant count is the fact that this is to bring YOUR wages into sync with the womans periodic cycle, which incidently, is paid around the start of each full moon.

All in time with nature. Where it came from.

umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:06:27 AM

I was told by a Rabbi that no man can die for another man's sins. So that is why Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah.
That rabbi seems like an idiot. Try thinking about all the exceptions to what he said.
Can you name some exceptions in the Jewish religion?
I can name examples in life. I can't say I care enough about any religion to worry about trying to justify anything based on the drugged ramblings of bronze age barbarians.
I'm arguing from the religious standpoint. I myself am secular. But I was arguing from the Jewish standpoint. I wasn't arguing life examples; only Jewish examples.

First, you are heavily religious, and pretending otherwise is kind of juvenile.

Second, you made a straightforward comment you attributed to some unknown rabbi. The comment was blatantly and obviously untrue literally. I said so. The statement itself was neither religious nor secular.

This is a bit of an unfair comment, I am no-where near religious, but know quite a bit on many different remix's of the same tune, does this make me (heavily) multi religious?
no

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:08:03 AM

Could a father die for the sins of his son, if he raised him to be sinful ??I know it's a question of nature vs nurture, but ..i don't know.
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:12:08 AM

I am not heavily religious. I am secular.I am not sure if a father could die for his son's sins if he purposely raised him to be sinful.Like I said before, I can make an entire thread about why I am secular if you want me to.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:25:14 AM

I am not heavily religious. I am secular.I am not sure if a father could die for his son's sins if he purposely raised him to be sinful.Like I said before, I can make an entire thread about why I am secular if you want me to.
I find your threads pretty juvenile, so I'm not really keen on that idea. It just shows how bad the content is here that I actually bother to respond to you.

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:36:57 AM

I find your threads pretty juvenile, so I'm not really keen on that idea. It just shows how bad the content is here that I actually bother to respond to you.
I am sorry that you feel that way. I will try to make my future threads more interesting for you. Here is a cool video of Rabbi Asher Meza doing Krav Maga, an Israeli martial art.

Although I am secular, Rabbi Asher Meza is my favorite Rabbi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3etYM5LJg

Here is Rabbi Asher Meza discussing differences and similarities between Judaism and Christianity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0NVxiziQuE

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:39:24 AM

I am sorry that you feel that way. I will try to make my future threads more interesting for you. Here is a cool video of Rabbi Asher Meza doing Krav Maga, an Israeli martial art.

Here is Rabbi Asher Meza discussing differences and similarities between Judaism and Christianity.
why does the abrahamic god have to be so sadistic, bigoted, genocidal, and a pedophile of all things?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:41:23 AM

why does the abrahamic god have to be so sadistic, bigoted, genocidal, and a pedophile of all things?
Because many priests, mullahs, rabbis, and popes have been?

zolace

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:44:33 AM

so we should enforce a community that encourages the rape of children?is this our duty to perpetuate such atrocities in order to strengthen the quality of our society?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:48:59 AM

All man is flawed, god is not. You can not use a flawed system to interpret a flawless system. Better off being agnostic.
noviapriani

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:56:40 AM

so we should enforce a community that encourages the rape of children?is this our duty to perpetuate such atrocities in order to strengthen the quality of our society?
Who suggested that? You asked a question, and I answered it in the vein of the very true statement that we create gods in our own image.
I have no idea where you came up with the drivel about a duty to perpetuate atrocities. I know I don't feel such a duty. If you do, I think you should probably seek professional help.

zolace

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:07:52 PM

what if i go to church one day to listen what bigotry is being broadcast and i accidentally waltz in on child orgy day am i supposed to be impressed with these church staff raping children or what

there must be something special about it if the government and media are willing to cover it up

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:10:44 PM

God was going to destroy the world with a flood, but he found one man; a single righteous man (Noah). So he spared the world by letting Noah live and let mankind continue on. That is the moral of the story of Noah. That is the religious interpretation. It is a message of God's love.

In the secular interpretation, peaceful places of the world had peaceful Gods. But warlike places, like ancient Greece and ancient Israel, had warlike Gods.

Hope this helps.

zolace

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:20:08 PM

God was going to destroy the world with a flood, but he found one man; a single righteous man (Noah). So he spared the world by letting Noah live and let mankind continue on. That is the moral of the story of Noah. That is the religious interpretation. It is a message of God's love.

In the secular interpretation, peaceful places of the world had peaceful Gods. But warlike places, like ancient Greece and ancient Israel, had warlike Gods.

Hope this helps.
i dont think woden was a pedo was he?all the sadistic shit came with the abrahamic texts .out of all the thousands of gods that were invented, what is your favourite god ?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:04:28 PM

Hope this helps.
i dont think woden was a pedo was he?all the sadistic shit came with the abrahamic texts .out of all the thousands of gods that were invented, what is your favourite god ?
Like I said before, God is warlike if you come from a warlike region. If you come from a peaceful region, you get things like Taoism, Hinduism, and Buddhism; more peaceful religions and more peaceful Gods.

I was going to make a sequel thread to my Israel and Judaism threads entitled "Why I am now secular". But Mover is against the idea. I am as secular as can be now. This knowledge came when I had a more religious outlook in life. And I like the Tanakh's (Hebrew Bible) lessons on life. But I can tell you now that I am secular.

Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

Hope this helps.

god didn't make man in his own image..
man made god in his own image.. that is why most of them are male and quite violent.

even if you take just the Abrahamic god.. he/she/it has changed so much over the thousands of years to reflect the thinking and morality of the time.

the god of Canaanites was war like and domineering, the god of the Hebrews was spiteful and jealous, the god of the Christians was forgiving and non interventionist, the god of the Muslims was expansionist and absolute.

of course this is the same god so you can find all of these traits in any of the Abrahamic faiths if you look back through their holy texts.

I'm actually more in favor of polytheism than monotheism because it has more in common with pluralism.

there are many gods (or interpretations of God).. you can worship whichever one you want just as long as your worship does not deny my right to live in peace.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:12:40 PM

Like I said before, God is warlike if you come from a warlike region. If you come from a peaceful region, you get things like Taoism, Hinduism, and Buddhism; more peaceful religions and more peaceful Gods.

this is not true.. if you go back through history, India and China were just as warlike as the middle east and Europe..
the difference is that the Abrahamic faiths are all monotheistic and absolute...  e.g.. my god is the only god, my way is the only way.

the religions of Daoism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Hinduism are all polytheistic or agnostic about the issue of god so they tend to coexist simply because they accept the validity of each others point of view.

Daosim worships nature and ancestors
Confucianism is a school of philosophy which also worships ancestors. but has more of a focus on right actions and conduct.
Buddhism is a school of philosophy and a religion which is agnostic about the issue of god.. whether god exists or not is not important and neither is the question of what god actually is.
Hinduism is a collection of polytheistic sects/sub-religions.. (ie the worship of many gods and deities.. one of them being Buddha)

this is why they can exist together because none of them is saying that the others are completely wrong and we are completely right.

does this mean that those countries have fewer wars? absolutely not.. just that they have fewer wars based on religion.
and of course it helps that some of those religions are actually pacifist.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: