Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Key Points about the Jewish religion  (Read 4184 times)
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

1.) G-d created Humans in his image. Man and Woman, He created them. That means, as G-d has freewill, Humans have freewill. It does not mean G-d has a body. G-d has no body.

2.) G-d is neither male nor female. G-d is a spirit entity. G-d has no body. G-d is spirit.

3.) In the Jewish religion, the World to Come is not in Heaven but will be here on Earth. People will be brought back to life in their physical bodies and be judged by G-d. Those deemed worthy will have eternal life here on Earth. Heaven and Hell is only temporary for now until G-d restores some type of Garden of Eden here on Earth, known as Olam Haba, the World to Come.

4.) The Snake in the Garden of Eden is symbolism for the baseness of Human Nature. It is a symbol of the lowest part of human nature which we should struggle to avoid and overcome and get ourselves closer to G-d in understanding by fulfilling his laws.

5.) Satan is an agent of G-d. He is not an enemy of G-d. G-d cannot have a battle in Heaven as he is Supreme. No one is higher than Him. Satan is thus used to tempt people as a test of those people's loyalty to G-d.

6.) G-d cannot have a son. If He does, then that limits Him. G-d is infinite and cannot limit Himself.

7.) Jews cannot have tattoos or eat pork. Pig is an unclean animal and G-d commands you to not make markings on your body.

8.) All the positive prophecies in the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) will come true. The negative ones, like war and famine, are only warnings. So G-d stacks the deck in our favor. If we are righteous and holy people here on Earth, then the good prophecies will come true and the bad ones will not. If we are sinful and wicked, then bad prophecies like the War of Gog and Magog may very well come true.

9.) The Messiah will be a normal human. He will be born of a mother and father and will be a great Torah scholar and military leader.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:52:02 PM

sounds to me like this G-d you speak of is limited .

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:55:57 PM

But if G-d had a son and became a man, then he would be limiting himself to human form. G-d is everywhere at once. He does not limit himself by becoming a human.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

From what I understand the Jews came up with monotheism in 600 B.C. when they took one of the babylonian g-----------------ds and made him above all others.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:00:02 PM

But if G-d had a son and became a man, then he would be limiting himself to human form. G-d is everywhere at once. He does not limit himself by becoming a human.
wait now you are saying something different. you said before that he CANNOT take a human form, but now you say that he DOES NOT take a human form. Which is it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:53:20 PM

I find it fascinating how people will die for and kill for something that is claimed to exist buy other primitive humans who lived thousands of years ago, we really are still bunch of primitive, schizophrenic, superstitions apes on a living spaceship hurtling through the universe.

A great mind shared this wisdom - ``Universe is the aggregate of all humanity's consciously apprehended and communicated non simultaneous and only partially overlapping experiences. `` - Buckminster Fuller

IMO
Science is the set of tools we have devised to try and define that which is common about these experiences.
Art is the creative means by which we convey meaning of our experiences to others by evoking shared emotions through the manipulation of their five senses.
Magic is the ability to induce premeditated automotive emotional responses in others through art. With the skilful manipulation of the five senses and the combination of ritual the results are more profound and compelling. 
Religion is a form magic i.e mind control

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

Magic is not the right word in my opinion.

It's all about the control of the population with well known methods building on the stupidity of the people. Using deception and lies to make people surrender to a central authority.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:04:04 AM

When the first sentence of your first point is a baseless and outlandish assertion, it's time to rethink your position.

Here's the simplest line of logic available to dismantle the God as explained in religion:

God is conscious.  Consciousness necessitates a physical form for chemical reactions to occur.  Ergo, God has a physical form; it is impossible to both be conscious and to have no physical materialization, it is impossible to be a spiritual being: to be both incorporeal (spiritual) and corporeal (being) is contradictory.  This means either God is non-existent, or God is limited to all the rules as the rest of the physical world; because this is directly contradictory to the story given by all religions, we can conclude that there is no God as so prescribed.

So: Judaism is false, Judaism with the Jesus Christ expansion pack is false, Islam is false, and so forth; all the origins of these lines of thought have been proven with basic logic (that is, mere consistency) to have been perpetuated by men who either knew they weren't telling the truth, or weren't bright enough to know the difference.  Reality and truth are not up for opinion, not weighed by age, and not personal; those are concepts exclusive to the object, not the subject, and if reason and evidence shows us that there can exist no such God, only selfish and malicious intent can prolong belief in him.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:12:43 AM

wait now you are saying something different. you said before that he CANNOT take a human form, but now you say that he DOES NOT take a human form. Which is it.
It would limit God if he stopped being God and became a man, but I don't understand how having a son who is a man would limit God.
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:38:24 AM

It would limit God if he stopped being God and became a man, but I don't understand how having a son who is a man would limit God.
He does not take a human form. He does not wish to limit himself. In the Christian teaching, G-d becomes Man when he becomes Jesus. So G-d having a son limits Him as He becomes a Man. Also, having a son in general limits G-d because He created all of Humankind. To have only one son shows that he is limited like a Human father. That is why G-d does not have a son.

Rigon

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:03:20 PM

He does not take a human form. He does not wish to limit himself. In the Christian teaching, G-d becomes Man when he becomes Jesus. So G-d having a son limits Him as He becomes a Man. Also, having a son in general limits G-d because He created all of Humankind. To have only one son shows that he is limited like a Human father. That is why G-d does not have a son.
No.How much more bullshit are you going to post?
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

I am sorry if I was wrong.

But let's say Jesus was not G-d in the flesh. Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.

REDoctober

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:25:31 PM

But let's say Jesus was not G-d in the flesh. Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.

But if God is God, can he not decide to have a son, and not be limited in the human way? Could he not desire this and make it so? I AM THAT I AM implies control. Could He that is limitless and free have perhaps wanted an avatar to interact with, and instruct his creation? Without mortal limitations? Is this in his power?
Rigon

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:07:39 PM

Explaining the holy Trinity to you would probably only take about 2000 years. I'm not up for it. But let's just say God did not become a man, Jesus was the son of God and was also god.
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

Explaining the holy Trinity to you would probably only take about 2000 years. I'm not up for it. But let's just say God did not become a man, Jesus was the son of God and was also god.
Alright. I am arguing this from a Jewish perspective, you see.

G-d never becomes human or projects himself through a human directly. There are prophets and writings in the Tanakh as well as the Torah which G-d dictated through Moses. But G-d as a man or G-d having a son are all human traits which G-d does not show. The brilliance of G-d is that he created all of Humanity. He does not need to show a miracle birth. In fact, G-d tells us to repair the world through works. He tells us not to rely on miracles.

Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:41:49 AM

Let's say Jesus is the son of G-d. Then that still limits G-d as he created all of humankind. He does not choose to have a son as he does not want to limit himself the way a human father limits himself.
really, this is all such bullshit.

You keep repeating it would limit him without explaining why it would limit him. Just saying it would limit him is not explaining why there would be a limit. Having a son does not limit a father, and God having a son would not limit a god.
Rigon

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:56:52 AM

G-d never becomes human or projects himself through a human directly. There are prophets and writings in the Tanakh as well as the Torah which G-d dictated through Moses. But G-d as a man or G-d having a son are all human traits which G-d does not show. The brilliance of G-d is that he created all of Humanity. He does not need to show a miracle birth. In fact, G-d tells us to repair the world through works. He tells us not to rely on miracles.
You can argue whatever you want from a Jewish perspective, and I'll read. But you went on to take a guess about the Christian perspective and got it entirely wrong. Stick to Judaism.
umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:09:31 AM

You can argue whatever you want from a Jewish perspective, and I'll read. But you went on to take a guess about the Christian perspective and got it entirely wrong. Stick to Judaism.
Jews believe some of the miracles in the Bible happened for G-d to show us his power and mercy, and some were metaphorical. But G-d does not allow one to depend on miracles. One must physically repair the world. The Jewish belief is the Messiah will be a descendant of King David. He will be a great military leader. He will unite the tribes of Israel. And he will be a great Torah scholar.

But, with all due respect, Jews and Christians do have their differences. And that is worth arguing because the Old Testament (Tanakh) came first. And that is what Christianity and Islam are based on.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:12:51 AM

I know a chaldean from iraq from the same region where Abraham was from. (Nineveh).

Is it possible to get Israeli citizenship due to this lineage?

umair127 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:14:33 AM

I have to add:

Jews pray and do rituals before G-d not because G-d needs anything from us. G-d is perfect. He doesn't need anything. It is because it helps us know His greatness.

I forgot to add that on to Key Points. Sorry about that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: