Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 06:31:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automated Applying Of Sub-rankings and Scammer Tag(incl. discussion)!  (Read 1334 times)
Muhammed Zakir (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:17:17 PM

~~snip~~

In addition to the main rankings, there are also sub-rankings that can be applied, and those are: SCAMMER, Donator, and VIP.
Finally, staff sub-rankings are as follows: Staff, Moderator, Global Moderator, Administrator, and Founder.

Sub-Rank
Description
Tag
SCAMMER:Manually applied by administration, regardless of post count and gets 5 red Xs under his name.
Donator:Manually applied by administration after 10 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half green. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a Donator.
VIP:Manually applied by administration after 50 BTC donation, and gets 5 gold coins under his name
of which the last is half purple. 5 coins are shown regardless of post count when user is a VIP.

Staff Rank
Description
Tag

To become a Donator or a VIP, send a PM to theymos to get a unique donation address.

As you can see sub-rankings are applied by admin manually which will take some time. So I request you to make this applying automatic.
For Donations:
 1-5 addresses can be used for accepting and I think blockcypher or Lazy API can be used. After the transaction gets a number of confirmations, the sub-rank can be applied.
Prerequisite >>  Need to fetch the address which is in their profile, so the cheating will be less.
                        BTC address in the profile should be changed in 1-3 week period.

I heard that Scammer tag has been removed. Are  developers planning on bringing it back? If it is please make it automatic too : Tag will appear after they get X number of -ve trust, say 50.

Option for applying sub-ranks manually shouldn't be removed.  Is Theymos planning on lowering donation? 10 to <= 6 and 50 to <= 25 or 30?

Kindly,
      MZ

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3012

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:46:03 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 01:17:29 PM by Cyrus

I don't think there is any need for automating the Donator status, as there hasn't been any recent donators(last one was in January 2014, please correct me if mistaken), so I don't think we need a system more 'automatic' than the one it is in place right now.

Tag will appear after they get X number of -ve trust, say 50.
That could be easily cheated by someone or a group controlling multiple accounts.

Option for applying sub-ranks manually shouldn't be removed.  Is Theymos planning on lowering donation? 10 to <= 6 and 50 to <= 25 or 30?

Kindly,
      MZ
No, there aren't any plans for lowering the donation sums.

dogetime

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

BUY BUY CELL CELL

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:14:43 PM

Being labelled a scammer would indicate that they've already successfully scammed people, if they've done that then they've likely already made their money and would move onto their next scam. They're not exactly going to continue to use that account for their next scam now that the account has been outed, therefore making the scammer tag worthless imo.

Pump and dump philosophy
BTC: 1EZnwK5H5nRV2Tm4qToPg4Gb56eu35YoUC
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 12:05:36 AM

Being labelled a scammer would indicate that they've already successfully scammed people, if they've done that then they've likely already made their money and would move onto their next scam. They're not exactly going to continue to use that account for their next scam now that the account has been outed, therefore making the scammer tag worthless imo.

Agreed.  People need to be marked as scammers before they commit their first scam.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:08:00 AM

Agreed.  People need to be marked as scammers before they commit their first scam.

Problem is how that could be done. And if the staff would do that, then people would complain after getting scammed, that the forum didn't warn them.

I thing the current situation is as good as its gets.

This spot for rent.
TRYpolar

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:15:29 AM

I think the scammer tags have actually been discontuned (we now use the trust system instead, which IMO is much more accurate)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: