Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:16:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview with Dogie, Master Miner and Trusted Tester For All Manufacturers  (Read 1345 times)
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:17:38 AM

I got to interview our own Dogie.  He was gracious enough to take the time for the interview.
He is someone who helps us all so much no matter if you are a miner or a manufacturer.  Dogie helps elevate mining and inform everyone.
I hope you all enjoy the interview I know I did.

What is your favorite miner currently and what is your favorite all time?
My favorite miner at the moment is the RockMiner R-Box. It’s specifically designed to be the ‘everyone can have one’ device of this generation, and it is really simple. A single PCB, two-custom heatsinks, 4 long screws and fan.
My favorite of all time was the Antminer S1, not particularly because of the machine itself, but because what Bitmain did. There were no preorders; they simply came into the market and said “we have miners; we have lots of miners.” They singlehandedly gave consumers an alternative to the high-risk preorder market that we’ve seen fail time and time again.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/interview-dogie-master-miner-trusted-tester-manufacturers/2014/08/09

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 03:18:40 AM

Dogie is a great guy and very knowledgeable, nice article.  Thumbs up...

ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:21:53 AM

I agree.
I was so happy he agreed to it and as I have gotten to know him more he is a brilliant guy.  I appreciate everything he does for us all.

Dogie is a great guy and very knowledgeable, nice article.  Thumbs up...

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:56:49 PM

Spondoolies was supposed to send more review units of the SP30, but since it became only one, there was only one person to send it to, and happily it was Dogie.

(I was at the bottom of the short list, but meh....)

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:41:39 PM

Nice interview.  You can tell he was very candid with his comments just like here on the forums.  Not trying to mince his words.
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:22:46 PM

I agree.
He does a great job.
I have an SP30 and my review is done I am just waiting to interview Zvisha any time now to publish it.
Dogie does such great guides I hope the community and manufacturers can support him more.  He does so much for us all.

Spondoolies was supposed to send more review units of the SP30, but since it became only one, there was only one person to send it to, and happily it was Dogie.

(I was at the bottom of the short list, but meh....)

ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:26:02 PM

He is one of the most genuine people I have been able to talk to.
Really solid and straight forward.

Nice interview.  You can tell he was very candid with his comments just like here on the forums.  Not trying to mince his words.

guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:28:09 PM

Dogie seems like a great guy, and his guides are perfect. I've used them to set up a couple devices already. Smiley
ManeBjorn (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:19:06 PM

Definitely.
They keep going as well.
His original block eruptor guide still gets hits and info posted to it. 

Dogie seems like a great guy, and his guides are perfect. I've used them to set up a couple devices already. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: