Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:28:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP SCAM] Beware of Scammer: Bobsurplus  (Read 7666 times)
J9901 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:17:00 AM

ATTENTION:

BEWARE OF BOBSURPLUS's so-called membership. (posting this where you can stop deleting it Bobsurplus)

I provided evidence in his membership thread as you can read below. It was simply providing facts for potential investors. Then he proceeds to delete my posts in his thread which can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=730494.msg8256168#msg8256168

Here is the screencap of my initial post: (i actually considered investing but after some digging I knew it was best not to)

https://i.imgur.com/pWdhlHn.jpg

Here is the screencap of deleted posts & content:

https://i.imgur.com/fH1wLOs.png

As you can see, he basically confirmed that he did drive the price down of CLOAK to 150k yesterday. Really Bobsurplus? Is that what you do to your own community? You create your own FUD to shake out people from the very coin you're supporting?

Guys, if you want to gamble (or completely waste) your 1 BTC, feel free to join in his "club". As you can see, he is already a very 'trustworthy' guy.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:25:44 AM

Quick explanation of how scams like these work (courtesy of HoldTheLine): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8260613#msg8260613

"This 'club' is the oldest scam in the book - Let me explain how it works.

You all give 1 Bitcoin per month to Bob. He then pools all your Bitcoin together and uses half your money to firstly buy a nice stack of coins for himself in an alt market of his choosing. The other half of your money goes towards placing a big Buy wall just above where he purchased his last coins with your money.

At this stage he has very quietly placed all the coins he just bought with your money in little bundles up the sell order book. The last of his bundles is set at price 'Y'.  He then puts the word out to everyone "Guys, pump is on X - Target Y+10% GO!" - All of you will then introduce MORE money and buy up all the coins he has just purchased with your own bitcoin.

You will then be reliant on each other to buy up your coins as Bob has already made his money - All he has to do is remove his buywall and you are all fucked. Not only have you given him 1 Bitcoin but you have now bought a bunch of coins far higher than they would be going for 'but for' Bob's buy wall made up of your own bitcoin.

Now, Bob is smart, he won't just remove his buywall - but roughly a quarter of you will buy too late, you will think "Ah damn, only just got the message - well price is Y-10% and target is Y so I guess I can still make 5-10%!"

Problem! Everyone has already started selling you their coins as when the target is Y the majority of people will always start selling somewhere between Y-20% and Y-10% - depending on their 'greed levels'. Either way you just got burned.

Now he has conveniently placed the disclaimer 'If you follow my guidelines' in his post - It enables him to say "Oh gee man I'm sorry to hear that! But I did do what I said I would didn't I? You were just a bit slow! Better luck next month!" - Those who have fallen for this scam will probably just say "Meh you're right, thanks so much Bob!" and get back to thinking they are part of a special club.

If you cannot see this scam for what it is then I feel sorry for you, because even if you make a bit of money from this, Bob is risking your funds - not his - to both buy and pump up a coin. He doesn't have to risk a single Satoshi of his own stash for this scam to work - but you give him not just 1 Bitcoin as a 'joining fee' but MORE bitcoin in the form of buying his coins above the buy wall he puts up with the rest of your money. He get's ya twice.

Bob I respected you and your substantial portfolio - but this is pretty damn disappointing. "
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:33:55 AM

whoa

MultipliedCombo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:24:44 PM

Dang.

People better become fully aware of this, and not get scammed by him, unlike the several unfortunate investors.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:29:38 PM

Someone needs to red fuck him. That's an elaborate scam dude.
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:59:36 AM

Wasn't he a part of the digital commerce team who raised over 130+ btc and told everyone that they are the real deal and they would never vanish. After they collect their btc, they made an excuse that it was too difficult.

Bitcoines

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:39:57 PM

I guess some people never learn.

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:47:58 PM

Dirty investment tactics.

Would help if someone from defaulttrust negged him and gave him red. Might stop people from "investing"
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 06:48:28 AM

I understand the reason for this thread, and some of the hard feelings. I just want to add my experience as someone who is in Bob's group and add to this moderated discussion.
To address this part:

As you can see, he basically confirmed that he did drive the price down of CLOAK to 150k yesterday. Really Bobsurplus? Is that what you do to your own community? You create your own FUD to shake out people from the very coin you're supporting?
Guys, if you want to gamble (or completely waste) your 1 BTC, feel free to join in his "club". As you can see, he is already a very 'trustworthy' guy.

My take on it is this. Cloakcoin isn't Bob's community. Bob's team is his community. Bob is always telling us that we shouldn't be blindly loyal to a coin. The only coin that we're loyal to is Bitcoin. That is his and our endgame. He wasn't creating FUD, he was being real with you. Also, if you blame bob for driving the price down, then you have to concede that he is a force that can move markets. Do you want to be his buddy who PMs him asking for tips, or do you want to be a paid member of his group?

Now I'd like to add to this quote that is speculating about how our group works:

Quick explanation of how scams like these work (courtesy of HoldTheLine): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8260613#msg8260613

"This 'club' is the oldest scam in the book - Let me explain how it works.

You all give 1 Bitcoin per month to Bob. He then pools all your Bitcoin together and uses half your money to firstly buy a nice stack of coins for himself in an alt market of his choosing. The other half of your money goes towards placing a big Buy wall just above where he purchased his last coins with your money.

At this stage he has very quietly placed all the coins he just bought with your money in little bundles up the sell order book. The last of his bundles is set at price 'Y'.  He then puts the word out to everyone "Guys, pump is on X - Target Y+10% GO!" - All of you will then introduce MORE money and buy up all the coins he has just purchased with your own bitcoin.

You will then be reliant on each other to buy up your coins as Bob has already made his money - All he has to do is remove his buywall and you are all fucked. Not only have you given him 1 Bitcoin but you have now bought a bunch of coins far higher than they would be going for 'but for' Bob's buy wall made up of your own bitcoin.

Now, Bob is smart, he won't just remove his buywall - but roughly a quarter of you will buy too late, you will think "Ah damn, only just got the message - well price is Y-10% and target is Y so I guess I can still make 5-10%!"

Problem! Everyone has already started selling you their coins as when the target is Y the majority of people will always start selling somewhere between Y-20% and Y-10% - depending on their 'greed levels'. Either way you just got burned.

Now he has conveniently placed the disclaimer 'If you follow my guidelines' in his post - It enables him to say "Oh gee man I'm sorry to hear that! But I did do what I said I would didn't I? You were just a bit slow! Better luck next month!" - Those who have fallen for this scam will probably just say "Meh you're right, thanks so much Bob!" and get back to thinking they are part of a special club.

If you cannot see this scam for what it is then I feel sorry for you, because even if you make a bit of money from this, Bob is risking your funds - not his - to both buy and pump up a coin. He doesn't have to risk a single Satoshi of his own stash for this scam to work - but you give him not just 1 Bitcoin as a 'joining fee' but MORE bitcoin in the form of buying his coins above the buy wall he puts up with the rest of your money. He get's ya twice.

Bob I respected you and your substantial portfolio - but this is pretty damn disappointing. "

Alright, few differences between the reality of the situation and what you guys are thinking.  Margins are all wrong. We're not climbing over each other in a panic for a measly 10 - 20 percent profit. We are very carefully orchestrated in and out after much calculation so we all profit 100%. As for the guidelines its very important that we all work together much like a rowing crew. Rhythm and rules are everything. If one or some of us fuck up then we all suffer for it. Even then, bob doesn't dump and run. He stays. Its like a school for fish. To turn us into medium sized whales. Probably so in the future he can have 100 battle hardened and loyal allies. He's not trying to scam people for 1 bitcoin here and 1 bitcoin there. He's trying to build an army.
J9901 (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:30:35 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 09:42:37 AM by J9901

Considering you are and have been Bobsurplus' friend even before this 'club' was formed and literally one of the first to invest not long after an hour of forming the 'club' you sure are not suspicious.

Also, I like the part most where instead of Bobsurplus telling you guys to buy in at the Xcloudcoin IPO he instead establishes a solid amount for himself while the price is at its lowest during the IPO, and THEN tells you guys about it then to buy-in @ 18k nearly x2 his buy-in price. He then tells you guys to exit at 100% profit, while he exited at about 400% profit + all the BTC he gained from his 'members'.

niiiice.

further proof of how it all went down (bob's instructions, buy-ins and exits) as mentioned above taken from the 'members' thread:

https://i.imgur.com/LVtSUml.png

Yes, I didn't bother to link the message because I know how your 'club' is with editing and deleting posts.

One last thing, when is Bobsurplus going to be unbanned?  Undecided
nemo

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:48:08 AM

I met bob in a cloak forum maybe a month ago and messaged him because it was obvious that he's the dude who pulls the strings behind the scenes. I asked his opinion on things and we had a good convo that convinced me that he was for real. Later he told me that he was going to start up a group and that I should join and learn more. Guys like bob have better things to do than scam me out of 1btc so I went for it. Sure it was risky, but I'm glad I did it.

And, I don't really care how much profit Bob makes on a move as long as I'm making my 100%. It's as if Bill Gates offered you an $80k a year job and you were pretty grateful about it. Would you go home cursing Bill Gates because hes making way more than you are? No.

About his ban I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him when it gets lifted.

I get it. There's tons of scams online and you guys are just doing your due diligence. If something sounds too good to be true then it usually is and all that. I know I've been a cheerleader for bob, but that's just because I've gotten to know him a bit and have experienced the results of being in his group first hand. Believe me or not, it's all good. The group has pretty much reached it's desired size for now as far as I know.

And I only edit my posts when I find a spelling error, or feel like I didn't articulate something clearly.

You guys seem chill. Misinformed, but not maliciously trolling for no reason our out of jealousy. I'd be down to talk to you a bit more. But a lot of stuff is kinda sensitive so I won't go into tactics, strats or anything like that.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:39:50 AM

You guys seem chill. Misinformed, but not maliciously trolling for no reason our out of jealousy. I'd be down to talk to you a bit more. But a lot of stuff is kinda sensitive so I won't go into tactics, strats or anything like that.

LOL.

What sensitive stuff is included in these tactics and strats? Pumping up a coin with low volume and then selling against the current of buyers you are "informing". Man you are some kind of economics genius. A couple people in the group may get $ but the majority WILL be losers. That is the nature of this scam. That is why it's illegal in the regulated market.
nemo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:00:49 AM

What sensitive stuff is included in these tactics and strats?

Couldn't tell ya.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:30:34 PM

Always knew Bob was scummy but wow... that man(?) belongs in jail.
Darth0ne

Activity: 190
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:34:19 AM

wow, thanks for that info..

somethin off about bob.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:39:03 AM

LOL, you guys are funny! Thanks!
ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:57:04 AM

Absolute retards paying to join these groups nothing a claw hammer wouldn't fix, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the groups don't get there doors taken off by bigger fish or law enforcement (at the worst)
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:12:45 AM

Absolute retards paying to join these groups nothing a claw hammer wouldn't fix, wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the groups don't get there doors taken off by bigger fish or law enforcement (at the worst)

Whats wrong with coin promotion?

meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:04:38 PM

It's a scam

He deletes any comments that he doesn't like. I'll PM the people on his thread  Grin
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:18:48 PM

It's a scam

He deletes any comments that he doesn't like. I'll PM the people on his thread  Grin

Why not post your accusations in public; he can't delete them in this thread and PM'ing kind of defeats the object of a scam accusation thread?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: