Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 12:56:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientist predicts world stock market collapse in 3 months  (Read 8126 times)
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:38:56 AM

I concur, Chris is not a scientist but he does make good points in some of his other articles.  He must be extremely confident in this analysis, predictions like this generally just prove the stupidity/hubris of the predictor.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:45:24 AM

Newsmax link?  Uhhhhh...not particularly credible source, there.

Is this reporter just making shit up?  S&P chart tops around 1500 in 2000.  Tops around 1500 again in 2007.  It is currently around 1930, which is significantly higher than that other double top.

Well the third top shouldnt be exactly as the previous two, but in general view, the graph in fact is seeing very similar on the two previous tops. Speaking about time and percentajes.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:57:18 PM

US market collapse? US&Europe market collapse? In real terms it has already collapsed, in nominal terms it may even increase more
zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

The article did not say much about why he thinks this triple top is inevitable, will watch the video later. I am more interested in his argument than whether it will come true.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

People believing in economic doomsday scenarios, are always saying that the doomsday is just a couple of months away. They’ve been wrong for many years. Why should I start believing them now, when they’ve already proven numerous times that their “predictions” are worthless, based on nothing but wishful thinking and clever tricks to sell prepper books, precious metals, survivalist supplies and cryptocurrencies?

Anyway, even if something bad were to happen soon:

Banks can collapse and oil can be depleted.
Work will still get done.
People will still have jobs and exchange goods and services.

People are adaptable. They innovate. They find solutions to their problems. They always have, and they always will. Knowhow, technical skills and the power of innovation doesn’t suddenly disappear just because oil is slowly depleting, banks are failing or unemployment numbers are rising.

And Bitcoin won't go to the Moon anyway. It's going down to a more sustainable level than the current one.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

The bubble has been collapsing since 2006, they are just pulling something that resembles a controlled collapse in front of our faces. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:00:45 AM

The US Federal Reserve will not let assets going down without a stupid fight so they will buy assets to raise the prices
marvinrouge

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:44:40 AM

Scientist Predicts 60% Market Collapse

Chris Martenson is a world-renowned expert on identifying dangerous, yet hidden, exponential growth patterns in global economies, energy demand, and food consumption...

And he is predicting a 60% stock market collapse will strike in the next three months.

Martenson’s opinion isn’t to be taken lightly, as his research is highly regarded by the United Nations, UK Parliament, and Fortune 500 companies.

His shocking forecast is based on a new alarming pattern he’s identified — he’s calling it “a dreaded triple top” (pictured below).

I think this gonna be the much needed boost for bitcoin in the comming months.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
porcupine87

Activity: 546

hm

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:10:06 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

argh. So there you can see what these prophets do if they are wrong. They just keep on saying they're right Cheesy (I found the same)

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 3199

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:30:38 PM

The article has an interesting quote though:

At one point in the interview, Wiedemer even calls out Bernanke, saying that his “money from heaven will be the path to hell.”

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Blazin604

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:01:17 PM

As soon as this happens the price of Bitcoin will shoot up. Buy now my friends. The world is heading into a very dark era.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

Economics is not a science.

It is a religion.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Blazin604

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:42:29 PM

Does anyone really truly know if the Bitcoin price is directly tied with the USD? What happens if the USD collapses completely?

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:45:49 PM

Does anyone really truly know if the Bitcoin price is directly tied with the USD? What happens if the USD collapses completely?

Bitcoin had not lived any USD collapse yet, so noone cant tell you. It did not lived many other things either.
Traffic4u

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:47:13 PM

It is a religion.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4495

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:49:10 PM

It is a religion.

I thought it was a sport.

Smiley
Tugbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:19:49 AM

In this context, how credible is this Jim Rickards guy ? His series "the dead of money" paint a grim picture of global economy on short terms. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYW5OGWfqJc
Tugbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:46:13 AM

Well maybe Jim is not a scientist but he seems to know what he's talking about, in that case a serious collapse on short term is not that far  fetched, not to say inevitable. I wonder if my BTC stash can somewhat protect my net worth in case the sh*t hits the rotary impeller....
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:11:53 AM

So was he right? Or just like the guy that predicted bitcoin $10 by first half of 2014?

(I don't read about the stock markets since a while)
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 11:37:21 AM

Bitcoin had not lived any USD collapse yet, so noone cant tell you. It did not lived many other things either.

A USD collapse should be great for Bitcoin's price and the FED will not let the market go down or not help the government pay its liabilities, it will print like there is no tomorrow

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: