Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:47:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one who wants bitcoin to tank?  (Read 3377 times)
DrBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:05:34 PM

I check the crypto charts every day... Just waiting for a good crash. Like the last time, I bought 1 Bitcoin at $380. My only mistake was not buying more.

Long term I think it will be over $1,000 again... But this short term stability is so boring.

I know the best thing for Bitcoin is stability...but the best thing for Dr. Bitcoin is a nice healthy CRASH. My money is ready to go!! Just when?
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:14:12 PM

I don't understand this logic at all. If you truly believe that bitcoin is resilient and will rise to greater heights then buy now @580 USD while it is down 50%!!! from its ATH.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:14:35 PM

I check the crypto charts every day... Just waiting for a good crash. Like the last time, I bought 1 Bitcoin at $380. My only mistake was not buying more.

Long term I think it will be over $1,000 again... But this short term stability is so boring.

I know the best thing for Bitcoin is stability...but the best thing for Dr. Bitcoin is a nice healthy CRASH. My money is ready to go!! Just when?

I believe who doesn't hold bitcoin anymore would want bitcoin to drop, and those who hold bitcoin want it to rise. Its just normal human nature...
Schickeria

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:32:21 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 12:07:30 AM by Schickeria

Its just normal human nature...

That's true, but it's a plain thinking nature. If I see a good probability of a rising value in long term, I can fully agree with a falling value in short or mid term.

I don't understand this logic at all. If you truly believe that bitcoin is resilient and will rise to greater heights then buy now @580 USD while it is down 50%!!! from its ATH.

Same here. The price is not always cheap or even a real bargain - that's what gold industry is announcing all time - and that's the same mechanism overexcited bitcoin bulls are trying to establish. High price, fair price, cheap price, bargain, short term, mid term, long term etc. - all these are different things - so it's not contradictional to be bullish, and already holding bitcoins, but to speculate on lower prices.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

he is fooling you, he convinced himself that the price won't drop any more because there would be many people who think in this way to buy up the market and become his bag holders
however he is also afraid of the fact that people are getting out of bitcoin and no one will save the crashing price, so he made this topic to fool more new guys
as you said, he won't buy now because he actually think bitcoin is over price, $380 is where he thought worth a bet, only as a bubble bet
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:00:07 PM

I think that the value will rise in the near future, the bottom has just been hit and probably it won't tank anymore.
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 05:07:07 PM

Although I'm not good record with trading but I'll say 380$ is very low you are accepting bitcoin to sink, I'm not accepting it to sink below 530$ before it goes up high again. So I'll put some buying orders around 550$ if it goes down there.

BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:15:29 PM

So you just want it to suffer a 'healthy crash' so it can continue its mission to moon? Do you think it's necessary? Or maybe you just want to buy some more cheap coins, don't you? Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:58:03 PM

So you just want it to suffer a 'healthy crash' so it can continue its mission to moon? Do you think it's necessary? Or maybe you just want to buy some more cheap coins, don't you? Wink

Maybe it's both. Sometimes after a good crash, the accumulators come out fighting each other to get in, and they create a strong recovery which could develop into a rally capable of breaking the bear trend. But many of these players would not buy at these levels. Why should they, knowing they can push for much bigger gains in a shorter period of time by pushing from the bottom?

popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:17:26 PM

I also want to buy cheap coins but that is highly unlikely Tongue
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:22:52 PM

You are basically describing exactly why 95%+ of the forum trolls exist. Like Fallling. They are bulls who are desperately desiring cheaper coins.
big ears

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:20:53 PM

You are basically describing exactly why 95%+ of the forum trolls exist. Like Fallling. They are bulls who are desperately desiring cheaper coins.

Yeah, the bears want it to hit £1 tomorrow, then go up to $1000000 the day after (when they have brought). The bulls (already holding) want it to hit $1000000 tomorrow, if not sooner.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:30:31 PM

But, we're currently in the "crash", aren't we? It crashed from $1000+...

Maybe your later mistake will be not buying more when they were < $600.

I agree, stability is boring, but I'm more hoping for a spike.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:10:54 PM

I want it to go down to 500 at least. Have some reserve fiat too in case it goes down to 400.
I do not mind it going up either, as a rapid rise is inevitable followed by a fall.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:30:46 PM

I prefer another rise, even if it means a loss for me.

At least I will know for sure I'm not in a sinking boat, and have a lesser dose of fear in my day-to-day life.
Leina

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:00:14 AM

Price correction will weed out weak hand and put them into the strong hand. In that sense, price "tank" is a good thing for the fundamental of bitcoin.

As the fundamental for bitcoin improves over time, so will the price.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:01:47 AM

Do you suffer from Bi-Polar dissorder or are you just someone with sever Fear-Of-Missing-out?

This spot for rent.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:16:50 AM

If it crashes it will be because of some dire reason that will make you not want to hold bitcoins.  After all, how else can the market go down, people have to want to sell.  So I would echo the advice of Unluckyduck and if you really think the future is bright, buy a little bit from time to time.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:30:48 AM

If it crashes it will be because of some dire reason that will make you not want to hold bitcoins.  After all, how else can the market go down, people have to want to sell.  So I would echo the advice of Unluckyduck and if you really think the future is bright, buy a little bit from time to time.

How about another exchange fiasko? Or a big stakeholder cashing out? Or satoshi moving his coins? Or another 50% mining power centralisation?

This spot for rent.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:33:27 AM

The above is exactly correct. If you believe that we are going way up long term, then you should be getting as much money in now as you are comfortable with
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: