Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:39:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: P2POOL payout mystery.....  (Read 3234 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:33:42 PM

Cool!! Thanks for the Explanation! Then I will try some other p2pools that are closer to my Location to see, if that makes any difference in speed and payment.
You definitely want to find a node that is close by, but keep in mind that you want that node to be stable and efficient.  For example, it doesn't make a difference if you've got a node 10ms from you if that node gets 95% orphans and DOA.  Look at a node's efficiency rating to see how it's doing.  Anything over 95% is good.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
bozo333 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:08:02 PM

P2POOL has been very lucky the last couple of days. Just when I started messing with it ;-) Think I got 9 payouts already...average luck must be way over 200%! But I remember reading that miners were complaining about a long streak of 80% luck if I am not mistaken.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
yan7181

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:02:55 PM

hi jonny, may i know how to check if i have found a share? and i saw someone mine with just 1.5 gh/s but his expected return is 0.003 btc, which is very high right?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

hi jonny, may i know how to check if i have found a share? and i saw someone mine with just 1.5 gh/s but his expected return is 0.003 btc, which is very high right?

Hi yan7181.  It depends on the node.  Some nodes have very well-developed front ends that will give you all kinds of details about your own shares.  For example, windpath's node at www.coincadence.com has a bunch of information.  If you're on a node that is using the default front end (for example, you are mining on your own node with no customizations), you can see the node's shares and just look for ones with your miner's payout address.

Seeing someone with only 1.5GH/s with an expected payout of 0.003BTC just means that miner got lucky and found a share.  It might have taken him weeks, or it could have taken minutes.  It's just the way the mining game works.  Also, that miner could have had more hashing power previously, but when you saw it only happened to have 1.5GH/s.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
yan7181

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

thank jonny for speedy reply.
will give p2pool another try, was mining at it for around 6 days, but on and off, and did not receive anything from it. kinda disappointed.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

thank jonny for speedy reply.
will give p2pool another try, was mining at it for around 6 days, but on and off, and did not receive anything from it. kinda disappointed.
One thing to remember when mining on p2pool is that you're going to see a lot of variance depending on how much hashing you have.  For example, if you've got 1TH/s right now, you can expect to find a share every 9.8 hours.  This means you should expect to have about 7 shares on the chain for payout.

The lower the hashing speed, the fewer shares you have on the chain, and the more variance you'll experience.  If you're going to mine on p2pool, it can't be an on/off thing.  You need to be on it 24/7.

yan7181

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:55:28 AM

hi johnny, may i know if 2 s1 (350ghs total)can be used mining in p2pool,i been mining for 1d 9h 44m 6s,but havent manage to find share,do i need to configure?i leave everything on default.
or i need to get a higher spec miner. thank in advance
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:30:56 PM

hi johnny, may i know if 2 s1 (350ghs total)can be used mining in p2pool,i been mining for 1d 9h 44m 6s,but havent manage to find share,do i need to configure?i leave everything on default.
or i need to get a higher spec miner. thank in advance
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this.  There is a formula you can use to approximate how long it should take you to find a share.  Please remember, though, that actually finding a share is nothing more than luck.  The formula does not guarantee you will find a share in the time given as the result, it only states that given a certain hash rate and difficulty, the expected time to share is X.  Here's the formula:
Code:
Difficulty * 2^32 / hash rate = number of seconds to find a share
So, let's see how those 2 Antminer S1s would work out as of right now:
Code:
11048422.87 * 2^32 / 360000000000 = 131812.81916396794311
131812.8 seconds is equal to about a day and a half.  In other words, at 360GH/s as of right now it would take you approximately 36 hours to find a share.

Hope this helps.

yan7181

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:53:51 PM

thanks johnny, so can we say that, even after 36 hours, with that kinda hash power might not even get a share right?
squashpile

Activity: 125

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:17:46 PM

Correct..

thanks johnny, so can we say that, even after 36 hours, with that kinda hash power might not even get a share right?

SquashPool - 0% Fee - Dedicated P2Pool VPS - Atlanta, GA - SSD - Gig uplink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: