Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with mining on GHash  (Read 1523 times)
Aukoue (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

Hello everyone. I have an Antminer S3 and I'd like to mine on GHash, but for some reason it doesn't work. I have created an account and all. I don't have any workers, but they say they're created automatically. I input all the info into my miner - I use login.worker1 as my worker:

Antminer seems to be mining:

However, GHash says otherwise:

I would greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thank you in advance.

◈◈   SOCIALMEDIA.MARKET   ◈◈   BLOCKCHAIN BASED Influencer Marketing Platform
ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰   JOIN REFERRAL PROGRAM   ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 05:19:04 PM

Assuming you entered your password, it it possible somebody hijacked your connection.

Hacker Redirects Traffic From 19 Internet Providers to Steal Bitcoins

Just about all pools use the Stratum Protocol, which does not authenticate the pool: and only authenticates the miner with a plain-text password.

The only pool largely immune to this is P2Pool; if and only if you run your own node. P2Pool uses a shadow block-chain requiring proof-of-work to assign pay-outs.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Aukoue (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

Assuming you entered your password, it it possible somebody hijacked your connection.

Hacker Redirects Traffic From 19 Internet Providers to Steal Bitcoins

Just about all pools use the Stratum Protocol, which does not authenticate the pool: and only authenticates the miner with a plain-text password.

The only pool largely immune to this is P2Pool; if and only if you run your own node. P2Pool uses a shadow block-chain requiring proof-of-work to assign pay-outs.

I've tried using P2Pool yesterday for some time, however it's been about 16h and my BTC wallet balance has not changed. Should I use "http://p2pool.org:9332" or just "p2pool.org:9332"?

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

I've tried using P2Pool yesterday for some time, however it's been about 16h and my BTC wallet balance has not changed. Should I use "http://p2pool.org:9332" or just "p2pool.org:9332"?

That is not running your own P2Pool node. P2Pool also takes 3 days to build up your payout (pays out the last 3 days of shares every time a block is found).

Edit: I think http://p2pool.org may specify the older getwork protocol. Stratum is better.
Edit:2: if since the BGP hijack lasts only 30 seconds or so, changing your password should mitigate the problem (until it happens again). I would double-check that your payout address is correct.
ON second thought, It may be something simple if Ghash.io is not registering shares at all.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
DumDumz

Activity: 126

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:45:09 PM

input your password .
ex : 123456

Aukoue (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:46:14 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 07:08:41 PM by Aukoue

I have created a new account and it's working. When does GHash pay? I've been mining (successfully) for an hour, and I can see that blocks are being found, but my balance is still 0.000000.

DoomeD

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:04:45 PM

Use stratum+tcp://us1.ghash.io:3333 as your pool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: