Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:24:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is what's needed to help the adoption of bitcoin  (Read 2024 times)
betafall (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:16:08 PM

Looking forward to more adoption of decentralized bitcoin address registrations like this:

http://imgur.com/fdipIYO

doggieTattoo

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:20:35 PM

I think we really need more large merchants to accept bitcoin as payment and offer a discount in exchange for using bitcoin to pay.

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES
betafall (OP)

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:21:58 PM

I think we really need more large merchants to accept bitcoin as payment and offer a discount in exchange for using bitcoin to pay.

Agreed. Ease of bitcoin use and merchant adoption are key.
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

Totally agree, this is something that is really needed and will aid bitcoin to become more popular among many other people. The more bigger companies accept bitcoin the better it will be for bitcoin.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:09:07 PM

Yes, this may help, but it is not decisive, I think.

We need people to be aware of the advantage of Bitcoin, that go beyond the store adoption.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:13:27 PM

Yes, this may help, but it is not decisive, I think.

We need people to be aware of the advantage of Bitcoin, that go beyond the store adoption.

the name feature is a valid addition, and you can always just use QR codes or the long address aswell, so its not like its limiting the choice.
a step in the right direction.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:15:21 PM

I disagree with u. We need more Bitcoin startups to go big, NOT more big boys to accept Bitcoin.

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 08:07:54 PM

All that is necessary is patience. This game is already over, the world just hasn't figured it out yet.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:12:36 PM

I disagree with u. We need more Bitcoin startups to go big, NOT more big boys to accept Bitcoin.
The fast majority of small businesses and start-ups will fail. It also usually takes several years for start-ups to reach any kind of scale, and most BTC related start-ups are a year old or so and are focused on profiting from increasing BTC adoption.

When a large merchant accepts BTC, a huge number of new people can potentially start using bitcoin.
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:20:30 PM

What we really need is more bloggers willing to turn their blogs into online garage sales and clean out their closets while earning some Bitcoin. Maybe then the big merchants will start noticing when they start losing sales to little bloggers who accept Bitcoin that they might have previously ignored.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:22:10 AM

Yes, this is a nice feature to just type the receiver's name to send btc. All of these small useful function will escalate the expansion of btc among the majority of population.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:09:50 PM

I'd be happy to see both these things take place myself.  I'd very much love to see Bitcoin startups do well and seeing many come out of the "woodwork" would be very encouraging.  Every innovation is a step in the right direction and makes Bitcoin more accessible for the end user. 
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:15:23 PM

Any new business whether old economy or new economy is good for us. Steady growth in all sectors is a great thing. I don't really see a need to say this one or that one is better. Growth is growth. 

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:21:36 AM

I'd be happy to see both these things take place myself.  I'd very much love to see Bitcoin startups do well and seeing many come out of the "woodwork" would be very encouraging.  Every innovation is a step in the right direction and makes Bitcoin more accessible for the end user. 
I think we overall need more large merchants start to accept bitcoin. Once we see enough of this, we will eventually start to see some B2B transactions.
kerimk2

Activity: 140

ACCOUNT BANNED. Email in sig!!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:23:46 AM

Address registration would be awesome, but the problem is people would use up the addresses, and you couldn't get your own one. People would have to manage who gets what address, and that would make it centralized. For example, as soon as the registration was published, I could rush and get seansoutpost, and then that would be permanently registered by me, and no one could change it because the system would be decentralized.

If you need support for AutoPonzi contact: autoponzi@gmail.com
We aren't sure how long the ban is for. We aren't even sure why we are banned. But we'll try figure it out
will_see

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

https://bountyminer.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:16:25 AM

we need more propaganda. that's it
the easiest way imho

turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:27:40 AM

We need more good news about Bitcoins.
"Bitcoin saved cute kitten from a burning building"

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Hiraga

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:54:54 AM

This name feature may potentially be unsafe, some dev or hacker could change the bitcoinaddress to one of his own, I would not use it.
ALXBOB

Activity: 289
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

We need more good news about Bitcoins.
"Bitcoin saved cute kitten from a burning building"

Advertising like this https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/946 Satoshi Bitcoin baby Smiley
I think if it happens media attention will be huge!

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

Looking forward to more adoption of decentralized bitcoin address registrations like this:

http://imgur.com/fdipIYO

Yeah but it only is a good thing if the lookup of those addresses happens on a decentralized basis. We could use namecoin for that. But some services that already exist actually are decentralized. If you are able to tamper with that system, you could easily pipe in your own address and steal someone's coins!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: