Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:04:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to know about BTC mining  (Read 2314 times)
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

There is no trick.  Mining can be profitable and ROI.  Just make sure to do math.

A lot will have to do with your electricity price and space you have.  If you are lucky to have extra space and cheap electricity you can still make a profit on Asics.  (This is from personal experience GPU/CPU is dead as far as profit for me but Asics are very much alive.)

Yeah sure, but you have to have the access to cheap electricity. It is not as if you can easily gain access. It most often depends on where you live and which company sells you your electricity!

Some places have a outrageous price for electricity. That is why there is hosting.  Electricity unfortunately your right you cant switch around in most cases.  Electricity is always dependent on location of miner and company.

Yeah, but which hosting company would sell their hash rate at a rate that is better than actually using it to hash for yourself? Why would they sell their stuff if mining for themselves was more profitable? I think many people also want to run their own gear because they like mining, man Smiley Good guys, protecting the network!!!

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 08:06:04 PM

This question arises quite often.

Selling your hash power makes sense.

Why?

Because you give up your risk to your customers and monetize immediately your investments instead of holding and holding and holding. If you have even a very small amount of loans then having a constant income lowering the risk can be extremely beneficial.

GPU mining profitable is even worse right now.. look at the profit for x11..
Yes indeed, he would have probably pulled my hair a bit... but I still believe GPU multipools are going to stay - they're really a good thing to start while you wait for the FPGA cards to be designed.
0OI1laou1IlEuo

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:56:57 PM

mine to learn that too, ha ha
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:19:44 PM

I am a new comer. I am here to learn about BTC. Specially BTC mining. I hope everyone will help me. I have heard that altcoin mining is much more profitable than BTC mining. So what should i do? Go for altcoin mining or start with BTC mining?

What kind of equipment do you have or plan to get? Sha256 ASIC? Scrypt ASIC? Or just a computer with GPU and CPU?

TBH, unlike a few years ago, it is much harder to get profit with bitcoin/altcoin mining now, and you should do some calculations first.
aronnov

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:25:29 PM

I am a new comer. I am here to learn about BTC. Specially BTC mining. I hope everyone will help me. I have heard that altcoin mining is much more profitable than BTC mining. So what should i do? Go for altcoin mining or start with BTC mining?

BTC mining or AltCoin is much more profitable if we can invest in the large sum of $, it's difficult to pull the investation
so it depend on you, you have large number of $ you can invest it with trusted cloud mining service
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:38:04 AM

Some places have a outrageous price for electricity. That is why there is hosting.  Electricity unfortunately your right you cant switch around in most cases.  Electricity is always dependent on location of miner and company.

It totally comes down to the place you are at, actually. People in the Pacific Northwest for example sometimes have extremely low rates for electricity. It's practically almost free there! Those people could even run old ASICs en masse. They can buy cheaper ASICs that are not that effective and still profit, while other people can't do that because they only have access to expensive electricity!

bitcoinminer007 (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:59:31 PM

Btc mining isn't profitable, you should have thousands of $ in order to set up a mining farm, otherwise you won't earn anything.
can i start mining with pools? What do you think about it?
Pony789

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:32:18 PM

Btc mining isn't profitable, you should have thousands of $ in order to set up a mining farm, otherwise you won't earn anything.
can i start mining with pools? What do you think about it?

You should definitely use pools.
Unless you have a lot of hashrate, say 100 TH/s, you are very likely going to get nothing with solo-mining.

bitcoinminer007 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:29:13 AM

You better mine altcoins, theycan stey profitable for some while.
Which altcoin  is better and profitable to mine?
WillyBTC

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:59:17 AM

Why so interested in mining? Speculating on mining difficulty, IMO, is much more difficult and uncertain than speculating on price. And if you are not backed by big money, you could potentially be left behind VERY quickly if difficulty takes off again. Altcoin mining can be very profitable, but you will often ending up mining worthless coins, then get saved when one of them gets pumped. Eventually. Tongue Make sure to take profit!
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:38:43 AM

yes true altcoin mining more profitable because in terms of fees and terms of current income and a lot easier to mine, but still depends on the market price of the coin and the coin Difficult when the mine.
Hash Master

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:03:17 PM

Altcoin is much easier. BTC requires hardcore equipment with huge hash rate. Do your research on Litecoin, it might be the perfect fit for you.
Strawbtcerries

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

You need to buy asic or cloud mining service.
cutesakura

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:16:29 AM

i have read about BTC mining, may you can try CEX.IO or PB mining
PBmining more profitable than CEX.IO
hopefully you can get a lot of BTC when you mining in that site ...
devonne

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:34:04 AM

BTC mining is not profitable, so you better mine altcoins, Because they can stay profitable for some while.
Coef

Exhausted

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:08:20 AM

You better mine altcoins, theycan stey profitable for some while.
Which altcoin  is better and profitable to mine?

You can check Coinwarz for profitability of different coins, or you can use profit-switching pools to mine the most profitable coin automatically.

gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:34:05 AM

yes true altcoin mining more profitable because in terms of fees and terms of current income and a lot easier to mine, but still depends on the market price of the coin and the coin Difficult when the mine.

yes but a lot of risk as well altcoin die coin and sometimes we lose.
so it must be clever clever in buying a coin where the coin is good again what ugly: D
Coef

Exhausted

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:52:30 AM

yes but a lot of risk as well altcoin die coin and sometimes we lose.
so it must be clever clever in buying a coin where the coin is good again what ugly: D

Yup the altcoin price can go up and down crazily in just a day.
You can see on http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/ that a coin has its price going up 1150% in the past 24 hours while another coin has its price going down for 73%. Smiley

bitcoinminer007 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:56:16 PM

BTC mining is not profitable, so you better mine altcoins, Because they can stay profitable for some while.
I am also thinking like that. But i am not sure which altcoin will be more profitable.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:38:14 PM

I am also thinking like that. But i am not sure which altcoin will be more profitable.

Altcoin mining is not more profitable than Bitcoin mining. Scrypt difficulty is going up at a faster rate than Sha, which means ASICs get obsolete very fast.

Also, altcoin's value are considerably more unstable, while Bitcoin is somewhat safer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: