Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:16:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROUND 2] Wife is pregnant ***AGAIN***, how to bring bitcoin into the process?  (Read 8942 times)
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:28:24 PM

Learned that my wife is pregnant yesterday. This will be our first child. So how do I incorporate bitcoin into the process? I have bitcoins to spend.

Anyone got any clever ideas? This has potential.

Congratulations!!! What an awesome thing to hear! Well, you could put aside some BTC, I guess! But please make sure to put the well-being of your child first! Don't invest too much in Bitcoin, make sure there's enough money left in order to provide for the child in a decent way!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:45:42 PM

If you think of anything good, it could be a good idea to post it on one of the crowdfunding sites.  I heard of a guy who got a large some of money for funding to make a sandwich I believe it was.  I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could put something special together and get some financial help to make it happen.  Could go viral very quick and would be fun to watch take place.

Way to keep it classy.  Roll Eyes
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:06:20 PM

Send them to a cold storage wallet and put it in a safety deposit box that can only be accessed by your child when they turn 18 Smiley
iluvpie60

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:56:08 AM

I think you shouldn't do anything at this point.

When a Legendary member says something you better listen!
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:24:15 AM

When you have created the wallet address, make a QR code and publish it. Then people can "donate" to it, including you, of course, knowing that it will all go to the kid (or you, since you're the parent).

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:47:04 AM

Congrats!  I find myself in a similar position as my girlfriend is due next month!  It's getting really real now.

I've personally devoted my unfunded Casascius gold bar with a SilverWallets hologram (they were kind enough to give me a couple hologram stickers at the Chicago convention) to my son to be (yep, it's a boy!). 

In fact...

14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT

That's the Wallet Address right there!  Was thinking of making a t-shirt that says "Bitcoin Boss" or something.

I have two S3's earmarked as his which I will setup to mine to the wallet for as long as possible which with any luck
will pay for his college, his house, his future, etc...to the moon!

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:22:48 AM

Congrats!  I find myself in a similar position as my girlfriend is due next month!  It's getting really real now.

I've personally devoted my unfunded Casascius gold bar with a SilverWallets hologram (they were kind enough to give me a couple hologram stickers at the Chicago convention) to my son to be (yep, it's a boy!). 

In fact...

14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT

That's the Wallet Address right there!  Was thinking of making a t-shirt that says "Bitcoin Boss" or something.

I have two S3's earmarked as his which I will setup to mine to the wallet for as long as possible which with any luck

Congratulations to you and the girlfriend bossman!  I hope your investment exceeds your expectations many times over!
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:34:21 AM

Congrats!  I find myself in a similar position as my girlfriend is due next month!  It's getting really real now.

In fact...

begging address removed

That's the Wallet Address right there!  Was thinking of making a t-shirt that says "Bitcoin Boss" or something.

I think this post is more or less begging for people to give you money which is against forum rules.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 01:24:39 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 01:40:29 PM by hennessyhemp

If simply showing an address is begging...than this is a den of beggars.  I didn't ask or say to send me or my future son bitcoin...I explained my plans to another soon to be father because what better way to store for your childs future than cold storage.

Mainly I posted the image of the QR because I thought it was cool that you can go here:
http://bitcoinqrcode.org/

and make one...

then go here:

www.cafepress.com

and have it printed on almost anything.

Perhaps I should have said that on the last post.

Anyway...how's that 50 posts for Primedice coming Mobius?

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

Try investing in Actual Money and start an Actual Money trust fund to pay for some education, there are specific funds available with special percentage rates soley for education based funds, don't waste your money on butts, you have no idea what will happen with bitcoin or any other crypto in the next 18 years, nor does anyone else, and anyone who says otherwise is a flat out fucking liar, a deranged fucking idiot, or both.
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:43:22 PM

Try investing in Actual Money and start an Actual Money trust fund to pay for some education, there are specific funds available with special percentage rates soley for education based funds, don't waste your money on butts, you have no idea what will happen with bitcoin or any other crypto in the next 18 years, nor does anyone else, and anyone who says otherwise is a flat out fucking liar, a deranged fucking idiot, or both.

I do not have money issues. I can easily afford to send a child to college now, this moment. The question is, how do you integrate bitcoin into something as specific and delicate as pregnancy. I'd like this to be a great milestone for bitcoin as I've, and not many people have, had the chance to ask this question.

genbit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:42:35 PM

Print paper wallet and make your wife eat it.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:56:14 PM

I do not have money issues. I can easily afford to send a child to college now, this moment. The question is, how do you integrate bitcoin into something as specific and delicate as pregnancy. I'd like this to be a great milestone for bitcoin as I've, and not many people have, had the chance to ask this question.

maybe you can start a scrapbook , cut out articles from coindesk all the way up to the birth... then your
kid will look back at those years later in amazement..you can also start journaling about it... and
put baby pics in there

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:13:11 PM

Tattoo a key with all your Bitcoins on her belly button. When her belly button pops back inside after the birth the key will be hidden until you knock her up again. Every time you think about spending Bitcoins you'll either need a hard on and several months wait or a scalpel.

chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:41:43 PM

The answer is DON'T it has no place there, its just a commodity confused as money, thats it, its not a medical service, its not a milestone at all...
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:54:12 PM

The answer is DON'T it has no place there, its just a commodity confused as money, thats it, its not a medical service, its not a milestone at all...

So a bitcoin accepting doctor wouldn't be a milestone for bitcoin? This isn't my intentions, but you seem quite biased against bitcoin in general, not just this circumstance. Using your logic we could say bitcoin has no place in food service, hardware, software, alpaca socks sales, and everything/anything else...

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:28:05 AM

So a bitcoin accepting doctor wouldn't be a milestone for bitcoin? This isn't my intentions, but you seem quite biased against bitcoin in general, not just this circumstance. Using your logic we could say bitcoin has no place in food service, hardware, software, alpaca socks sales, and everything/anything else...

i think normally you pay the hospital and the hospital pays the doctor, and when you pay the hospital its
through insurance company, so its not that simple

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:36:30 AM

Congratulations on the big news!! I'm sure you can buy wine with Btc now so buy a nice bottle of red that will age well and keep it for his/her 18th or 21st birthday.
All the best and i hope you and your new child has a great life filled with bitcoins Smiley

gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:25:37 AM

i think normally you pay the hospital and the hospital pays the doctor, and when you pay the hospital its
through insurance company, so its not that simple
I understand this, and it's still not the point.

Kayex

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:49:00 AM

Keep some BTC in a cold storage and keep it safe until he turns 18 or 21. Whatever you see fit.
BTC may be worth a lot in the future so you should keep some.
If it goes to 0, whelp, that sucks.
If you need to, use the BTC for hospital bills or something practical.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: