Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROUND 2] Wife is pregnant ***AGAIN***, how to bring bitcoin into the process?  (Read 8939 times)
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:03:33 PM

I can't believe some people here think giving someone 150 Bitcoin to name their baby after Satoshi is a good idea. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

- Shave the kid's head
- Tattoo a private key on his skull.
- When the hair grows back the private key will be hidden
- Send btc to corresponding address
- When he grows old and looses his hair he'll discover the btc. Nice retirement nest egg for him.

I think some people would consider this to be cruel to the child (it would really be too young to consent and understand getting a tattoo like this).

I also don't think that a tattoo artiest can make a tattoo in enough detail to be able to make a QR tattoo of a private key.

Pretty sure he is joking.
I think some people may be serious about doing this type of thing. A few people have gotten their very young children tattoos and have been arrested for child abuse or similar charges.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:07:56 AM

I can't believe some people here think giving someone 150 Bitcoin to name their baby after Satoshi is a good idea. 
Sounds like a fine idea. 80% of my daughter's name comes from a character out of a drug-influenced religious book (maybe that is redundant). The other letter comes from a space satellite mostly just to make the "majority link" much more difficult to determine (and to ensure it doesn't sound fairy-y). I was pushing hard to name it Moose if it came out a boy, but this was unpopular among family members...  Satoshi's a pretty damn difficult name to use a similar method for, though. It wouldn't work at all if he isn't Japanese, and anagrams all look terrible... Ihotass... Tish Osa [last name]? Ash Soti [last name]? Otis Ash....

Anyway, she certainly didn't get a 150BTC trust fund for it.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:05:46 AM

It wouldn't work at all if he isn't Japanese, and anagrams all look terrible... Ihotass... Tish Osa [last name]? Ash Soti [last name]? Otis Ash....

Could probally anagram it if you add a letter or two in there
Toshi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshi_(given_name)

Chisato  is another it replaces the S with a C but is basically a sneak anagram of satoshi  (shi) (sato)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chisato
The middle name could be replaced with an S for something else Tongue

Chitose works as well a bit more hidden though (Shi) (Chi)
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Chitose.html

Just end up with some spare letters

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
afkmember

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:53:25 PM

Sounds like a fine idea. 80% of my daughter's name comes from a character out of a drug-influenced religious book (maybe that is redundant). The other letter comes from a space satellite mostly just to make the "majority link" much more difficult to determine (and to ensure it doesn't sound fairy-y). I was pushing hard to name it Moose if it came out a boy, but this was unpopular among family members...  Satoshi's a pretty damn difficult name to use a similar method for, though. It wouldn't work at all if he isn't Japanese, and anagrams all look terrible... Ihotass... Tish Osa [last name]? Ash Soti [last name]? Otis Ash....

Anyway, she certainly didn't get a 150BTC trust fund for it.

She didn't get 150 btc fund yet! lets see
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:29:15 PM

Too late now.

Next time add the hash to the DNA before conception.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:39:26 PM

Learned that my wife is pregnant yesterday. This will be our first child. So how do I incorporate bitcoin into the process? I have bitcoins to spend.

Anyone got any clever ideas? This has potential.

I bought my son a Casascius coin. I keep it in a safe and I will give it to him when he turns 18. I also made him a wallet. I put something on it every now and then.

Very nice. Your son will be able to buy a mansion and a Ferrari by his 18th birthday, what a better present than that?  Cool

wordman267645

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:54:41 PM

Dont even think about it, it's like roller coaster ride Cry Cry
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:49:56 PM

I know it's a gravedig, but we have learned that she's a she Smiley.

I am contacting a few of the physical coin makers to see if I could get something made for the occasion. Smiley

Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:04:26 PM

I would just do something like send a tx on DOB with birth weight and message, like 0.708 for 7lb 8oz, "Welcome to the world baby gadman"

But you can also make up a load of "It's a girl" paper wallets rolled like cigars to give out.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

... but we have learned that she's a she Smiley.

Just got similar news - first lil one on the way too! going to get the scan to find out the sex this week - im going to be boring though and just leave them some cold stored coin. unless better idea comes along. not sure the mrs will be up for a name change...

cant wait to see how (s)he'll react on their 18th - "god dad, so lame to have coins stored that way, so old fashioned!"
lol

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:22:10 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM by abyrnes81

Learned that my wife is pregnant yesterday. This will be our first child. So how do I incorporate bitcoin into the process? I have bitcoins to spend.

Anyone got any clever ideas? This has potential.

I bought my son a Casascius coin. I keep it in a safe and I will give it to him when he turns 18. I also made him a wallet. I put something on it every now and then.

Yes , I think this is the best solution. Use a secure paper wallet protected with a second password or use a  physical coin . Store it until your son will  turn 18 years old .
gargantuar

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:36:32 PM

You could bank cord blood and/or cord tissue stem cells using this company that accepts Bitcoin:

http://www.utahcordbank.com

Two PhDs that own their lab, have been around for 10 years, perfect transplant record (including one used by Joanne Kurtzberg) but they suck at marketing and their website is running something like Drupal 1.x
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 06:48:03 AM

I know it's a gravedig, but we have learned that she's a she Smiley.
congrulations.
I am contacting a few of the physical coin makers to see if I could get something made for the occasion. Smiley
I might suggest buying a silver wallet instead of a physical coin. Although the physical coin "manufacturers" have shown to be "trustworthy" so far, that is not to say that nothing will happen between now and ~20 years from now that would cause them to want to steal any remaining funds in any of the coins they have produced.

With a silver wallet, you are essentially buying a "coin" that you can insert a QR code for the private key, no one but you ever has access to the private key

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:41:32 AM

I might suggest buying a silver wallet instead of a physical coin. Although the physical coin "manufacturers" have shown to be "trustworthy" so far, that is not to say that nothing will happen between now and ~20 years from now that would cause them to want to steal any remaining funds in any of the coins they have produced.

With a silver wallet, you are essentially buying a "coin" that you can insert a QR code for the private key, no one but you ever has access to the private key

Another addition with a silver wallet is that you can add bitcoins to it at a later stage.
When your daugher turns 1, all fiat gifts can be converted to bitcoins and added to the wallet.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 04:55:36 PM

+1'ing the Silver Wallet idea...if you're feeling froggy, maybe even spring for the Gold Wallet:

http://www.silverwallets.com/

Doesn't look like Bitcoin payment option is working on their website, but Paypal or alternate method still seems available.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can contact Nightowlace or Blazedout419 directly right here in this forum for sales.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Commercial Trader

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

+1'ing the Silver Wallet idea...if you're feeling froggy, maybe even spring for the Gold Wallet:

http://www.silverwallets.com/

http://www.silverwallets.com/assets/img/goldplated_lg.jpg

Doesn't look like Bitcoin payment option is working on their website, but Paypal or alternate method still seems available.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can contact Nightowlace or Blazedout419 directly right here in this forum for sales.

Ok, thanks for the info.
gadman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

I'm super interested in the kialara wallet mainly because of the concept behind it which you're not supposed to open the case and spend the bitcoins. Yes I would be taking a risk, but that's fine with me. Hey, I might even buy one of each Cheesy.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 05:59:42 PM

I'm super interested in the kialara wallet mainly because of the concept behind it which you're not supposed to open the case and spend the bitcoins. Yes I would be taking a risk, but that's fine with me. Hey, I might even buy one of each Cheesy.

Wow, those look extra sexy as well:

I'm expecting a baby girl in the spring also, so definitely would consider something like this to commemorate.

I already got a Silver Wallet for participating in the Silver Wallet Sig Campaign, so maybe I'll check out the Kialara.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄