Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:32:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DUAL snapshot for BitShares PTS!  (Read 6287 times)
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:13:57 AM

have a good stake already and buying more, especailly after reading this https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6818.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zorco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:07:02 AM

Yeap I'm buying too. Don't think AGS is relevant anymore. IMHO because you can't donate to Ags anyway so it confuse people more then else. PTS that the way to go. This is what is amazing about Bitshares.. you could still invest in any new DAC that is coming out, that's brilliant still !!
pairmike

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

These two snapshots are like a family tree, with PTS and AGS as parents.  Whenever a child is born, a new DAC is launched, the parents are blessed.
fuznutts

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:16:59 AM

Yeap I'm buying too. Don't think AGS is relevant anymore. IMHO because you can't donate to Ags anyway so it confuse people more then else. PTS that the way to go. This is what is amazing about Bitshares.. you could still invest in any new DAC that is coming out, that's brilliant still !!

AGS was a donation from individuals who believe in the project and its goal of making an open source toolkit that enables the open source movement to build ethical, automatically diversified investment stake in their own Bitcoin-based ecosystem.  Bitcoin's source code (or slight offshoots) has given the ability to create DACs that function as a primary currency. Bitshares comes in and says "hey, if you really want to give value to your coin's holders...honor them by developing industries in your coin's ecosystem and sharedrop to them for being loyal."  "Oh, btw, here is a toolkit that will make your DACs have TITAN and DPOS, so you can protect your users' privacy and enable community members to vote in delegates that help fund infrastructure..."

Of course AGS holders hope that those who use the bitshares toolkit will honor them for risking their hard-earned cash to help finance the construction of such a wonderful tool (as opposed to participating in the multiple Pump and Dumps for which their funds could have been used).  I personally was one of those people, so if I get a snapshot of a DAC developed that also honors AGS, then I'll definitely smile about it, but even if not, I at least know my investment will help protect noobies from buying Sh!tcoins whose devs/miners only want to virally pump and dump on them.  That is payment enough Smiley
xeroc

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:29:47 AM

I can see PTS go through the roof Smiley
jshow5555

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:16:49 PM

I can see PTS go through the roof Smiley

To be totally honest, I was the guy that started advocating Ora to use Bitshares technology. As Bitshares DPOS is the leading crypto technology today, imo. What is surprising to me is that even people in the crypto space have hard time understanding its value (read ORA developers). On the other hand the people that once 'get it' are turned into true believers. Example: The asking price for PTS today is almost 2 times more than what you would have get if you donated to AGS just a moth ago. And the people are still increasing their PTS holdings at those price levels.

...and I do not blame them!

bitcoinxiaoshan

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:17:37 PM

PTS is no doubt a never-sell, because you never know what it will give it to you, FOR FREE!
CLains (OP)

Activity: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:25:46 PM

Countdown Timers  Smiley

http://bitshares.org/industries/domains/

http://bitshares.org/industries/voting/
sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:45:02 AM

This renewed my interested in PTS. I remembered mining it back in January on a bunch of google compute engines and making next to nothing. I since then have upgraded and pointed my miner at ypool. I hope I can accumulate some before the August 21st Snapshot.

Getting 2 DACS for doing nothing more than holding a coin? Great... count me in. I already love POS type coins.

Xeldal

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:44:30 PM

I prefer just buying small amounts here and there rather than bothering with mining.  So far any mining I've done on any coin I would have been better off just buying it.  taking into account time spent fiddling with it etc.

Very excited about these 2 snapshots.  Both DAC's could be monumental in the long run, they address some major needs.
CLains (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:10:32 PM

5 Days Left!!

Both BitShares X and PTS rising fast!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-x/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-pts/
mbaeichapareiko

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:42:52 AM

Ok, looking for some different pros  cons   verses     buying  PTS      vs BTSX  at this time    or just holding BTC.

Thanks in advance crypto bros. and sisters
soniq

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:35:11 PM

Ok, looking for some different pros  cons   verses     buying  PTS      vs BTSX  at this time    or just holding BTC.

Thanks in advance crypto bros. and sisters

Thats a tough question to answer right now. Buy PTS before the snapshot and receive free shares on BTS DNS  and BTS Vote?

or buy BTSX because it is very  undervalued?

I solved the problem by buying both Cheesy

brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:53:54 PM

When it gets closer to the snapshot how is it determined which block represents the snapshot?
CLains (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:03:38 AM

When it gets closer to the snapshot how is it determined which block represents the snapshot?

In the FollowMyVote newsletter that "The official snapshot of the VOTE DAC will take place at 23:59:59 UTC on August 21, 2014!"

I am fairly certain that the same holds for BitShares DNS. Last block August 21th UTC.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:50:32 AM

Im surprised the price of pts has not budged.  Last time around with btsx the price rocketed up and back down as anticipated.  Two very interesting products but no takers?

I really don't care about the price of pts, just seems it shows a lack of interest?  These two products on paper can have a very large positive effect for the crypto world.  I hope they see the light of day and a minute in the spotlight instead of pow clones.
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:47:44 PM

Im surprised the price of pts has not budged.  Last time around with btsx the price rocketed up and back down as anticipated.  Two very interesting products but no takers?

I really don't care about the price of pts, just seems it shows a lack of interest?  These two products on paper can have a very large positive effect for the crypto world.  I hope they see the light of day and a minute in the spotlight instead of pow clones.

I'm surprised it hasn't exploded too.  The 7 PTS I held on the Feb 18 snapshot, brought me over 3600 BTSX, which are currently valued at nearly .1BTC. That's .1BTC for FREE.  Hopefully get the same return on tomorrow's snapshot.

I may dump my PTS after the snapshot, and rebuy more at a lower price, in preparation for the next snapshot.
Tradingriver

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:15:08 PM

in 1 day 8/21

the snapshot will be taken. if you hold pts make sure to transfer your shares to your wallet with your private key. if you are not sure, that your transaction will get threw, please contact if your exchange will honor the snapshot. bter and btc38 will honor, poloniex consider it.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:26:03 PM

in 1 day 8/21

the snapshot will be taken. if you hold pts make sure to transfer your shares to your wallet with your private key. if you are not sure, that your transaction will get threw, please contact if your exchange will honor the snapshot. bter and btc38 will honor, poloniex consider it.

So I bought some BitShares PTS... is it the wallet from 17th of february(githubdate) the one I need to transfer my PTS to ?
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:31:52 PM

in 1 day 8/21

So I bought some BitShares PTS... is it the wallet from 17th of february(githubdate) the one I need to transfer my PTS to ?

Yes, here the official repo and releases for Windows and Mac: https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █