Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the best age to introduce your kids to Bitcoin?  (Read 6212 times)
MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:56:12 PM

I was wondering they need to be able to understand Bitcoin and all the risks which I would be more than willing to help with but what is the best age to actually introduce them to it and allow them to maybe trade under my supervision? I have a sense and I know it's my responsibility to chose when they are allowed to trade and interact with others but I would like to introduce them as soon as possible and it will all be under my super vision.

So when did you introduce Bitcoin to your kids?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

When they stop to brake tablet and smartphone ?  Roll Eyes
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:12:27 PM

I don't think you should be indoctrinating them with Bitcoin at all. If it gets mainstream attention and people are actually using it, you can just tell them how it works as soon as they may need to use it. But apart from that, it depends whether they ask about it. Why forcing that technology on them?

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:16:52 PM

As soon as they can read and start to work on computer, you can introduce your kids to Bitcoin, but just gibe basic info.
If you think that Bitcoin is good investment, you can start collecting Bitcoin for them and help their financial future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MakeBelieve (OP)

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:18:30 PM

I don't think you should be indoctrinating them with Bitcoin at all. If it gets mainstream attention and people are actually using it, you can just tell them how it works as soon as they may need to use it. But apart from that, it depends whether they ask about it. Why forcing that technology on them?

Actually they are interested but I think that's because they've seen me doing some things related to Bitcoin and want to help out I know that they don't understand and haven't researched into it.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:18:48 PM

Simple. As soon as they're old enough to start learning about money and can use a cheap tablet without breaking it or downloading $10,000 worth of apps, introduce them to Bitcoin. Tell them they can "earn" Bitcoin by doing their chores, using good manners at the dinner table, and going to bed without giving you a fight, and then redeem those Bitcoin for rewards like candy bars and movie nights.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:30:57 PM

Pre-womb. A Bitcoiner SHOULD only procreate with a fellow Bitcoiner. Let me rephrase that.
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:31:28 PM

Depends how smart your kids are and how they are with technology.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:31:40 PM

At the same time they start using other currencies. When you open their first savings account you can also set up their first bit coin wallet.

Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:17:32 PM

You should introduce things that are revolutionary and important to your children so they can learn about technology that is important. If they understand bitcoin and how to use it properly then they will less likely do something that would cause their coins to be stolen when they start using it. 
dKingston

Activity: 482

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

Best age would be 8 - 10. Especially when you taught them how to save money and they are old enough to understand the concept of money.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:40:38 PM

The best age to introduce BTC to kids when he understands to manage money  Grin
But if that is the best for me age is 14 years  Smiley
I'm 14 now and I wish I had discovered bitcoin when I was 12. The funny thing is, my parents don't understand it and think it is a waste of time.
But when bitcoin hits $10 000 they'll regret it... Smiley
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

At current with bitcoin still being in it's early stages still I would say it's too early to be explaining to kids exactly what it is until it's being used a lot more than it is now.

Once it is being used a lot more than it is now I would say when they are able to fully understand it better would be a best age, around 13 years old is appropriate in my opinion.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:31:42 PM

Explain what crypto currency is and not specifically bitcoin.

The utility and function of bitcoin can easily be copied by any coin developer.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
trade-for-pokermoney

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:33:46 PM

Yeah when they are old enough to understand the technical terms. Don't force it on them, like most people do with religion...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread| @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:59:21 AM

just the same age when they are able to manage their own money
Mobius

Activity: 988

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:42:17 AM

Best age would be 8 - 10. Especially when you taught them how to save money and they are old enough to understand the concept of money.
I would agree that this is probably the best age to teach a child about bitcoin. You should teach them around the same time you teach them about "traditional' fiat money. You may want to wait a little while longer until you teach them how to secure their coins and the risks of not securing them.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:49:25 AM

When they are old enough to use a computer and don't fall for scams, neither be hacked.

I think wharever age you would be confident to let them take part in this forum, considering we have a gambling section and topics like lets talk about how hot the asians girls are. It really varies from person to person.

fanboy4

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:50:54 AM

Bitcoin secuirty starts with Pc security, if children knows they should not open the strangers files its pretty safe to use bitcoin. I also think best age is 10 and above.
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:53:33 AM

Honestly, introduce it to them now. Why wait? There're different levels of freedom you should give them based on the percentage of their intelligence they have developed, but that can be a sliding scale (depending on your judgement).

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: