Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:50:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PLS. remove thread! thanks.  (Read 1092 times)
prollylosingitall (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:37:29 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 12:34:31 AM by prollylosingitall

PLS. remove thread! thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thecoindude

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:43:21 PM

Posting the adresse here is not a problem maybe it will help to see if your coins are really gone/stolen!
mothermole1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:26:51 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 11:25:57 PM by mothermole1

Heres what I think is that 14.5 transaction from my wallet. Can this be accurate? Is it possible I have/had another wallet on any of my two computers and this money has bounced between? (sounds so stupid, i know).

Firstly, there is not much chance of recovering the original wallet.dat if the hard drive has been formatted and then had Wndows 7 installed over the top of it i'm afraid.

Secondly, your funds are unlikely to be bouncing between two accounts without you knowing about it.

My guess is that for some reason, that 14BTC was sent to that new address as part of a new wallet on your computer. You may have misinterpreted the total balance as being in ONE address as opposed to it actually being split into two addresses. It doesn't seem as if the account was hacked, as when that address was generated, the first payment of 14.3BTC was deposited and has remained there for several months.
If this was the case, then that is why you can't recover the missing amount from your backed up files.
However, there have been multiple payments to that address over the last several months and one withdrawal at the end here
I'm not sure if this is a mistake on your part, the last movement in that address was in mid-july so if the timing is right for when you noticed, you can work out if they could have been mistaken transactions.

You can try to recover the wallets from your old user's appdata using file recovery software, but it will be quite hard as your whole HDD was formatted as opposed to just having several files deleted. Recuva, by Piriform is good tool for this and has helped me in the past and it may just work.

Good luck to you friend Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: