Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:26:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 3012 times)
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:18:17 AM

DEAD ? Are you kidding me ? *insert shitcoin name here* is still pretty much alive.

*insert a wall of text preach here*

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

Yeah yeah yeah..I know someone who will be kicking themselves for not investing in XC....
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:08:25 AM

Yeah yeah yeah..I know someone who will be kicking themselves for not investing in XC....
FIFY

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:32:53 AM

I am not sure you can call a 500,000,000 USD part of cryptocurrencies "dead". But that is just my opinion...

That is one way to look at it.

Another way might be that 900+ coins pooled together only come to about 7% of the crypto market, with BTC being 93%.  And, oh, by the way, LTC is just about half of that 7% and it's tough to make a strong case that LTC is on the rise.  So, subtract out two coins and now you're talking about 900+ coins totalling $250mm and 3.5% of the market.

So? This is about network effect, and right now they don't have that much of that. But once cryptos go mainstream, this will change drastically.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:38:56 AM

At this point alternative cryptocurrency is dead. No one is using any alternative crypto as a legitimate currency, alternative cryptocurrency prices are simply too unstable, and Bitcoin already fills the need for a cryptocurrency. The only real use of alternative cryptocurrency is for trading on the markets, in the hope of catching a pump and dump at the right time. This would be an amusing game, but unfortunately alternative cryptocurrency has become a cesspool filled with scammers. It isn't safe to buy or mine alternative cryptocurrency, most alternative crypto investors have been scammed at least once. I'd venture to say that the only reason alternative crypto is still popular is because so many scammers are involved.

Alternative cryptocurrency is actually giving a bad name to all of cryptocurrency, it is time to let it die instead of continuing to support the various scams that are constantly arising. There are some legit non-scam coins like Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Black Coin, but ultimately even these legit alternative cryptos are going to fade into obscurity since there is no use for them. Every single "successful" alternative crypto has followed the trend of gaining a lot of value quickly in the beginning, and then slowly losing value forever after that.

I don't think alternative cryptocurrency will ever disappear entirely, but at this point it has become a shell of what it should've been, and that shell is filled with criminals trying to get as much money as they can out of unsuspecting investors.

there is a model theory that says when Bitcoin shills are desperate enough to shill on obscure forums, that Bitcoin has got a lot of downward potential due to the famed "use/collapse paradox"

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:42:53 AM

oh and what do you know - no new suckers .

volume on the buy side looks awfully thin.

welcome to the free market.

enjoy your stay, coffee will be served somewhere below $100. (if the fiat economy does not go into full implode)

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:57:54 AM

FIFY

What? sorry don't pay attention to internet lingo, have no idea what that means..sure it's nasty.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:59:25 AM

enjoy your stay, coffee will be served somewhere below $100. (if the fiat economy does not go into full implode)

Yeah lets all buy quark!

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:00:44 AM

I read a coinbase article on this. Yes, they are not used as much. But the benefit of altcoins is that people can see real testing of features that would take years to come into the real bitcoin project.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:02:39 AM

BTC is Myspace..XC is Facebook, Better get used to it, Or get a day job.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:06:14 AM

if XC fails, what are you going to do with your life if you can't shill for it 24/7?
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:16:50 AM

if XC fails, what are you going to do with your life if you can't shill for it 24/7?
XC Won't fail but I'm 25 and i have been a fully qualified tradesman since 18 so i'm sure i can find a job+ i made around 120k( most of it in my bank account and some in Gold and Silver) on QRK and owe nothing to any banks and own my  apartment outright, so i'm probably in a better position then half this forum..(including you smart ass) who still owe the banks for there college education that landed them a job at McDonald's...what are you going to do shill.. Roll Eyes oh and i forgot i got around 75k of XC right now i haven't sold (and bought it under 10c)..so i'm doing good , how are you?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:29:34 AM

XC Won't fail but I'm 25 and i have been a fully qualified tradesman since 18 so i'm sure i can find a job+ i made around 120k( most of it in my bank account and some in Gold and Silver) on QRK and owe nothing to any banks and own my  apartment outright, so i'm probably in a better position then half this forum..(including you smart ass) who still owe the banks for there college education that landed them a job at McDonald's...what are you going to do shill.. Roll Eyes oh and i forgot i got around 75k of XC right now i haven't sold (and bought it under 10c)..so i'm doing good , how are you?

A fully qualified tradesmen is a journeymen and I haven't met anyone who was one at age 18, as it is normally a two to four year process depending on the options available at your local trade school.  In before you claim you're special and somehow started at age 15 (internet is full of liars who knew?!).

By the way, how can you even make six figures on Quark when it never really went anywhere in its' lifetime?  Sounds like you were one of the instaminers who were responsible for prematurely killing that coin.  Now you're pumping this XC coin which may as well be a scam as I can't find any information on it about its' distribution and several people on their team are associated with past scam coins.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:36:00 AM

A fully qualified tradesmen is a journeymen and I haven't met anyone who was one at age 18, as it is normally a two to four year process depending on the options available at your local trade school.  In before you claim you're special and somehow started at age 15 (internet is full of liars who knew?!).

By the way, how can you even make six figures on Quark when it never really went anywhere in its' lifetime?  Sounds like you were one of the instaminers who were responsible for prematurely killing that coin.  Now you're pumping this XC coin which may as well be a scam as I can't find any information on it about its' distribution and several people on their team are associated with past scam coins.

i left school at 14 yes it's 4 years, congratulations you just met one. uhmm quark went to almost 10c and i had around 1.5 million but i held a little to long, never mined in my life, i bought them on ebay, my first Alt payed under 1k $300 something per 500k, and i left school because i i was shitty student and my parents made me get a job instead of failing and repeating so no not special, in any way, just lucky.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:41:20 AM

Yeah lets all buy quark!

good suggestion.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
GreenBacksTeam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:52:48 AM

Alt Coins are currently so young, they are far from dead. The factor right now is really which coins will actually succeed and grow. At most there will probably be 4-7 alt coins that survive longer than a year, and so all coins will be competing for that. We believe GreenBacks could be one of those coins, so keep an eye out for our launch this week.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:53:59 AM

Survive is the wrong wording - I bet Phoenix coin is still alive to some extent.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 03:07:26 AM

Survive is the wrong wording - I bet Phoenix coin is still alive to some extent.

There are a lot of alts right now like Phoenix coin and they're very much alive and some even have active devs communities.

Thanks to hyped CrapCoins like DarkCoin with nothing but gimmicks to offer, a lot of the money has been sucked out of older coins "with nothing to offer" and I think this has caused an artificially low price.

Some of these active coins should not have market caps under $10,000.  So then, they could 100-fold buys waiting to be scooped up.

Which is exactly what I've been doing.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
JohnDing

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:14:06 AM

Yes. We offer free altcoin, 10 million of them, icoinhost.org
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:16:20 AM

There are some legit non-scam coins like Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Black Coin, but ultimately even these legit alternative cryptos are going to fade into obscurity since there is no use for them.

funny thing is everytime someone yells most alts are scams but list their own choices as examples of non scams, they list coins many others would also consider scams eg
how is doge not a scamcoin? only people did well was dev, and some miners who dumped at a peak most investors lost on this one (and with the supply model it was always going to happen). In fact dogecoin has probably done more harm to alt currencies then all scamcoins put together.

Yes attracted many to cryptos but burnt most.....hmmmm much loss.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: