Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:41:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MULTIPOOL SERVICE] thepool.pw multipool  (Read 9819 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sakr (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:45:30 PM

New Scrypt-N asic friendly port added!

Tested with the new KNC titan firmware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loszhor

Activity: 369

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:27:39 AM

Thank you for the service but I have two questions:

1. What is the criteria for a coin pool being removed due to lack of profitability? Ex. "A pool must mine x amount of btc per week to stay open." or "A pool must maintain x amount of hashrate per week to stay open."

2. What ways can we set our own difficulty with the stratum? Doing so will allow miners to work more efficiently. 

Also, I would like to request a status page be added for troubleshooting and efficiency purposes.

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
sakr (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 04:36:19 PM

1. What is the criteria for a coin pool being removed due to lack of profitability? Ex. "A pool must mine x amount of btc per week to stay open." or "A pool must maintain x amount of hashrate per week to stay open."

2. What ways can we set our own difficulty with the stratum? Doing so will allow miners to work more efficiently. 

Also, I would like to request a status page be added for troubleshooting and efficiency purposes.

Thanks for your interest in our service, to answer your questions, first there is no criteria for pool removal unless it's technically impossible to keep it open like in cases where the blockchian for a coin is not moving or the coin has been removed from all exchanges.

Regarding manually setting workers diff, it's currently unsupported as we use NOMP stratums, however, the vardiff is set to quickly adapt, and has been tested with the highest hash asics.

As for monitoring/troubleshooting, it's a good idea, we will look into adding some more advanced features for that.

loszhor

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Thanks for your interest in our service, to answer your questions, first there is no criteria for pool removal unless it's technically impossible to keep it open like in cases where the blockchian for a coin is not moving or the coin has been removed from all exchanges.

Regarding manually setting workers diff, it's currently unsupported as we use NOMP stratums, however, the vardiff is set to quickly adapt, and has been tested with the highest hash asics.

As for monitoring/troubleshooting, it's a good idea, we will look into adding some more advanced features for that.

OK, thank you and I look forward to a stats page.

jeroentie

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 01:03:04 PM

i have tried to run the scrypt-n(VEX wallet address) with the titan from kcnminer, but i only runs for 1 minute and then stops mining.

What is the problem?

M.Jcoin [Giveaway] M8RwbjenuDFAh6RJDisTcuTu2gUJ9dkops
sakr (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

i have tried to run the scrypt-n(VEX wallet address) with the titan from kcnminer, but i only runs for 1 minute and then stops mining.

What is the problem?

Please make sure you use the new KNCminer titan scrypt-n firmware and also the right port, the pool has been tested with a couple of titans and all is working fine.

KNC retweeted about it here: https://twitter.com/kncminer

Please provide logs for further assistance.

Also VEX coin is not on c-cex anymore, not sure where to buy it.
sakr (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

TEK multipool is up at: http://thepool.pw/TEK/
thundertoe
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:05:15 PM

TEK multipool is up at: http://thepool.pw/TEK/

Thank you,

Pool was up fast and is working great!
sakr (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:12:23 PM

Scrypt-N port now closed due to the low profitability/volume of the scrypt-n coins after vertcoin switched to new algo!
loszhor

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:57:17 AM

Is it possible to request payment in a different coin if the FOOD blockchain does not get fixed? I have been staking it for the networks health but hopefully it is only a temporary issue.

sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:51:38 PM

Is it possible to request payment in a different coin if the FOOD blockchain does not get fixed? I have been staking it for the networks health but hopefully it is only a temporary issue.

FOOD blockchain is moving again, payouts sent!
sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 03:52:14 PM

Im having a problem.  Sad Ive been mining for a few days on http://thepool.pw/TEK. Says that im recieving payment on the website but in my wallet nothing has ever came in. Nothing received... What is the problem?

Please make sure you are on the right TEK fork and using the latest version!
sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:59:51 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2015, 08:12:20 PM by sakr

Ok i think i found the problem. Trying to fix. Ty.

The transactions show on the block explorer: http://tek.blockchain.lt/tx/faac5eab49e46c0149c24038b26a9c28f1646e5d5ab1ba9cf065061cdea1c228

Please try redownloading the blockchain.
loszhor

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:06:14 AM

I am planning on acquiring some more mining equipment within the next few weeks. Are there any pitfalls to watch out for when pointing more than one miner to a single payout address on the same algorithm? At the moment I have found no issues but I just want to be sure.

sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:35:28 AM

I am planning on acquiring some more mining equipment within the next few weeks. Are there any pitfalls to watch out for when pointing more than one miner to a single payout address on the same algorithm? At the moment I have found no issues but I just want to be sure.

Using a single address with multiple miners is totally fine.
loszhor

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 10:39:19 AM

Using a single address with multiple miners is totally fine.

OK, thank you.

sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:46:20 AM

Important announcement: Due to the very low hash on the pools lately,
the payouts will be processed every 2 or 3 days to lower the exchange fees.

Also, we are considering shutting down the pools completely due to the very low hash/profitability,
we have been running at loss for weeks now Sad

loszhor

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:36:04 AM

Also, we are considering shutting down the pools completely due to the very low hash/profitability,

Lowering the payout rate would be one way to reduce costs but you should consider auditing the pools with the least profitability/activity as well as which coins you are mining. One of this pool's drawbacks is the lack of information that is available and little communication. Your last post here was January 3rd and the last twitter announcement was on December 14th and that was to announcement a new pool. This sudden announcement that the pool has been in trouble for weeks is something that should have been brought up sooner. I don't mean to insinuate but the suddenness makes it sound like a scare tactic. I will indeed give you the benefit of the doubt that it is not though.

What kind of costs are you running and what is the ideal hash rate that you think you need?

sakr (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:17:48 PM

Lowering the payout rate would be one way to reduce costs but you should consider auditing the pools with the least profitability/activity as well as which coins you are mining. One of this pool's drawbacks is the lack of information that is available and little communication. Your last post here was January 3rd and the last twitter announcement was on December 14th and that was to announcement a new pool. This sudden announcement that the pool has been in trouble for weeks is something that should have been brought up sooner. I don't mean to insinuate but the suddenness makes it sound like a scare tactic. I will indeed give you the benefit of the doubt that it is not though.

What kind of costs are you running and what is the ideal hash rate that you think you need?

Not sure what more information is needed, but i think crucial information is given, except for maybe worker hash rate, but share are given instead, as hash rate can be very inaccurate, also the coins mined are among the most profitable and the pools have proven to be efficient when enough hash is put on them.

Regarding communication, I have been in touch in this thread with anyone asking questions or having issues. Also I have been announcing important news.

As for the costs, the server is a dedicated server costing $70 monthly, the pools now sell 0.1 to 0.14 btc daily, which at 2% fee and current btc rates is yielding around $20 monthly in fees. so we need quadruple the current hash just to cover hosting, let alone making any profit.

Finally issuing less payouts is not reducing my fees, but miners ones as less exchange and sending fees are deducted.

I think the problem with those pools have been the quick desertion of some coins supporters, when a pool is open for a new coin we get some hash, but it slowly fades away, not sure why.

Thanks for your concern.
loszhor

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:17:05 AM

Not sure what more information is needed, but i think crucial information is given, except for maybe worker hash rate, but share are given instead, as hash rate can be very inaccurate, also the coins mined are among the most profitable and the pools have proven to be efficient when enough hash is put on them.

Regarding communication, I have been in touch in this thread with anyone asking questions or having issues. Also I have been announcing important news.

As for the costs, the server is a dedicated server costing $70 monthly, the pools now sell 0.1 to 0.14 btc daily, which at 2% fee and current btc rates is yielding around $20 monthly in fees. so we need quadruple the current hash just to cover hosting, let alone making any profit.

Finally issuing less payouts is not reducing my fees, but miners ones as less exchange and sending fees are deducted.

I think the problem with those pools have been the quick desertion of some coins supporters, when a pool is open for a new coin we get some hash, but it slowly fades away, not sure why.

Thanks for your concern.

Then it sounds like there is indeed a need for a coin activity audit. Perhaps solicit newer coins and give needed warnings to the less active ones.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: