Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's learn about XC, And why it's the Future of Crypto "currencies"  (Read 5305 times)
dow1135

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:18:07 PM

Nothing special, you're talking nonsense IMO.

Nothing special, did you read the OP? I would really like you to point me to another coin that has working tech like XC and also the future plans of XC.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:21:38 PM

Nothing special, you're talking nonsense IMO.
very special, your talking nonsense IMO.
How about you start a poll newbie and see what happens. It wouldn't even matter since the older members are with Monero (a nice portion of them).
there is already a poll and XC is beating XMR lol...and who cares innovation always wins, mobile devices are the future, XC is specifically designed for mobile devices, good luck with that for XMR. and this forum is a tiny audience, XC will soon have free encrypted video and voice calling soon this will bring in so many people to crypto, plus in wallet XC purchasing, XMR can't compete sorry to rain on your parade mate. here is the poll i was going to do one but no need https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:30:24 PM

there is already a poll and XC is beating XMR lol...and who cares innovation always wins, mobile devices are the future, XC is specifically designed for mobile devices, good luck with that for XMR. and this forum is a tiny audience, XC will soon have free encrypted video and voice calling soon this will bring in so many people to crypto, plus in wallet XC purchasing, XMR can't compete sorry to rain on your parade mate. here is the poll i was going to do one but no need https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
It does by 15 votes, how important really.
If you're going by that logic:

because DRK clearly beat your 'future coin'.

You said that ring signatures are bloating the blockchain and this being a major setback. This is wrong, the setback is very minor, stop talking nonsense and do your research.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:33:05 PM

You said that ring signatures are bloating the blockchain and this being a major setback. This is wrong, the setback is very minor, stop talking nonsense and do your research.
XC is 3 months old and DRK 6 months old, and hey your the one who said start a poll lol i'm just pointing out there is one already and your loosing.
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

ok so ring signature bloat is not a big deal...i believe you..so when will you have mobile wallets for XMR, is there an ETA 2020?
dow1135

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:42:32 PM

http://snd1.splashpress1.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/double_facepalm.jpg

I would think the blockchain bloat would hinder mass adoption, can you pls explain why you think it's not a problem? The future is mobile with brick and mortar shops, How will XMR integrate into mobile? Oh also does XMR have EM, or encrypted voice and video chat around the corner?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:50:07 PM

At first I was a bit ignorant when I encountered Monero but that was due to other issues at hand (mine not the coins). Don't get me wrong I'm not a real Monero supporter but I do own some.
The first is that you're missing time as a frame of reference. Those two chains don't exist at the same time, and by the time the ring signatures chain reaches the level of transactions chain 1 has the lay of the land will be different. In other words, Bitcoin's blockchain right now is 20gb as it processes 61 000 transactions a day with a huge market cap and massive amounts of global reach. If Monero, for instance, reached that level in 5 years time it would have a 110gb blockchain by the middle of 2019. I have a 1tb Kingston thumb drive in my pocket, WD just released the 6tb version of their Red NAS series of drives. With HGST pushing HAMR drives for next year, they expect that in the next 5 years there will be 40tb - 60tb drives that are as readily available and cheap as 4tb - 6tb drives today. Will a 110gb blockchain on full nodes really matter by 2019, when everyone is sporting 40tb drives? By direct comparison: Bitcoin's blockchain takes up 0.5% of today's 4tb drives, and comparably Monero would take up 0.275% of 2019's 40tb drives. In other words, disk space and Internet capacity is rapidly outstripping potential blockchain growth.
Ring signatures provide cryptographically untraceable and unlinkable transactions for a small sacrifice in blockchain storage in a world where disk space is not at a premium.
Exactly how is encrypted voice and video useful for a coin?
How about you put wireless charging in it too?  Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

At first I was a bit ignorant when I encountered Monero but that was due to other issues at hand (mine not the coins). Don't get me wrong I'm not a real Monero supporter but I do own some.
The first is that you're missing time as a frame of reference. Those two chains don't exist at the same time, and by the time the ring signatures chain reaches the level of transactions chain 1 has the lay of the land will be different. In other words, Bitcoin's blockchain right now is 20gb as it processes 61 000 transactions a day with a huge market cap and massive amounts of global reach. If Monero, for instance, reached that level in 5 years time it would have a 110gb blockchain by the middle of 2019. I have a 1tb Kingston thumb drive in my pocket, WD just released the 6tb version of their Red NAS series of drives. With HGST pushing HAMR drives for next year, they expect that in the next 5 years there will be 40tb - 60tb drives that are as readily available and cheap as 4tb - 6tb drives today. Will a 110gb blockchain on full nodes really matter by 2019, when everyone is sporting 40tb drives? By direct comparison: Bitcoin's blockchain takes up 0.5% of today's 4tb drives, and comparably Monero would take up 0.275% of 2019's 40tb drives. In other words, disk space and Internet capacity is rapidly outstripping potential blockchain growth.
Ring signatures provide cryptographically untraceable and unlinkable transactions for a small sacrifice in blockchain storage in a world where disk space is not at a premium.
because of NSA mass surveillance, why is Skype worth 8 billion all that is voice and video and not encrypted, lol your different aren't you...
dow1135

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:04:05 PM

It's not just a coin it's a platform. Your going to try and tell me that encrypted messages, voice, and video that is totally decentralized is not useful? Hell it's a multi billion dollar feature. Do you really like the NSA collecting all your data, if anon is such a big deal I would also think that having an XC app on your computer or phone to chat, call or skype  totally anonymous is a big deal.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:07:49 PM

wireless charging would be awesome. Seriously though, encrypted communication is a massive issue.
fanboy4

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:08:01 PM

What happens if "Decentralized Cloud Storage" decided to be shut off by dev?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

Yet you keep avoiding the bloating issues hm.
Edit your post and I might consider this one more time.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:23:57 PM

What happens if "Decentralized Cloud Storage" decided to be shut off by dev?

Not sure I understand. No-one can shut it off because it's decentralised - that's the point. (XC relies on
every wallet acting as a node so they would have to own every wallet.)
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:27:24 PM

i'm not avoding nothing the bloating issue is not my expertise i did say that a lot of what was written was from the website, all i asked was do you have an ETA for XMR mobile wallets before 2020
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

i'm not avoding nothing the bloating issue is not my expertise i did say that a lot of what was written was from the website, all i asked was do you have an ETA for XMR mobile wallets before 2020
I've clearly stated that I'm not real supporter of Monero.
Why should I care for a mobile wallet?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

I'll make a disclaimer: I'm an XC holder.

Just wanted to address one thing, anyone that says XC is just another dime a dozen coin hasn't done any research whatsoever.  The very reason I'm holding my XC is because there's a genuine and open dev and team that have a focused plan, and are consistently and routinely achieving goals on the road map, usually way ahead of schedule.

Unless someone is looking to strictly chase pump and dump coins for fast profit (or, fast loss), they'd be crazy to not hold at least a little XC for the long term.  My 2 cents.

Carry on.

Phillis

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

i hate XC PR guy because it feels like he is attempting (and seemingly successfully) to indoctrinate people into investing in that coin. Its announcements like "another world first" type of thing.
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:35:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 02:58:25 PM by SushiChef

[childish remarks]

Telling the world you hate someone because he articulates better then you.. Yeah great one!

G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:43:47 PM

XC is the only coin I hold (other than BTC) that I dont find myself constantly worrying about the price.

The only reason I got involved in the first place is due to the open Dev (and now whole open dev team!) and it clearly not being a scam.

Since then everything promised has been delivered on time or early.

I've got various other coins aswell, but XC has my majority and I dont feel constantly worried about price unlike the others.

Im not trying to be a fanboy, but don't see why XC wouldn't be worth checking out to anyone after a long term investment not another P&D.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
dadon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 02:55:34 PM

i hate XC PR guy because it feels like he is attempting (and seemingly successfully) to indoctrinate people into investing in that coin. Its announcements like "another world first" type of thing.
let me be brutally honest..i want people to make money on XC like early BTC adopters did this is my motive, not to P&D, i swear that on my mothers grave, i legitimately believe XC is the future of crypto, it has proven this to me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: