Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:00:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashamed on no progresses in cryptocurrency in the past two years but scams!  (Read 1397 times)
DStrange

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:12:39 PM

Same as the title.

You obviously didn't research one minute.

How about CryptoNote technology and CryptoNote-based coins?
It's said to be the 3rd generation of cryptocurrencies: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/cryptonote-more-anonymous-than-bitcoin/2014/08/07

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 01:33:31 PM

Same as the title.

agreed but a thread like this is just an open invitation for them to plug their crapcoins  Roll Eyes
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:22:03 PM

give me a reason why? since you gave me a guarantee, i guarantee you can't give me a legitimate one.

Consensus.  Consensus needs a whitepaper.  Consensus needs a community (not shills & hype).  Consensus needs open source (XC is delayed - I admit ...).  Consensus needs proper distribution (not PoS).  Consensus needs a simple (and not horrific) website.  Consensus needs simplicity - both in product and in communication.  Not shiny things that re-invent the wheel "better"  

"XC is a currency that you can skype on and the NSA can't find you plus you can buy a USB key.  But mostly it's a currency"

wtf?

Consensus ... consensus is why XC is guaranteed to fail.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 05:33:05 PM

give me a reason why? since you gave me a guarantee, i guarantee you can't give me a legitimate one.

Consensus.  Consensus needs a whitepaper.  Consensus needs a community (not shills & hype).  Consensus needs open source (XC is delayed - I admit ...).  Consensus needs proper distribution (not PoS).  Consensus needs a simple (and not horrific) website.  Consensus needs simplicity - both in product and in communication.  Not shiny things that re-invent the wheel "better"  

"XC is a currency that you can skype on and the NSA can't find you plus you can buy a USB key.  But mostly it's a currency"

wtf?

Didn't you bring that same argument up in my thread then not respond too Synechist, when he confronted you? all I'm hearing is Mahican but that could be just me?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:52:45 PM

wtf?

Didn't you bring that same argument up in my thread then not respond too Synechist, when he confronted you? all I'm hearing is Mahican but that could be just me?

I have seen your same - infuriatingly long post if 4 or 5 places as replies.  And then you bring other people in (marketing head of XC) to defend you.  I get you are trying to market your coin (I actually read most of your post - if you typed it up yourself it's not bad).  Although it should read "Currencies" not "Currencys")

But reposting the SAME post in responses of 3 or 4 threads.  And then creating your own thread reeks of desperation.  

I promise you - the day will come you will wish you'd paid more attention to my "marketing" vs "consensus" post.  Find a good escrow and I will bet you up to 3 BTC that your currency will be worth less 3 months from now than it is now. 
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:14:17 PM

Same as the title.

What exactly have you done to help Bitcoin in the past two years?  I hope you don't think you just get to complain and point your finger at others demanding things get done to your satisfaction.  Don't see how constructive your post is and does anything to fix the problem.  Maybe a few suggestions would get things rolling instead of disapproving posts/threads? 
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

this shouldnt be a battle about XC, drop it. this is about a claim for no progress, or innovation. Sure bitcoin has its core developer team, and works real well. but in the alt scene you get to  test scenarios that you couldnt dream of on the bitcoin blockchain. incomplete list of accomplishments since ive been here 8 months (not ordered in any importance)...
PremineCoin - lets see what happens when people only mine for transaction fees
Proof of stake - lets see if we can secure a network without needing 200Megawatts of electricity (current draw assuming 1gh/w (where many people using older tech are probably using more)
Cryptonote - arguably created longer than 2 years ago, but modernized - lets create a private key whose public key is untraceable
Stealth Addresses - lets see if we can send to a specific name instead of an arbitrary address which can only get as specific as the amount of hash youd like to spend to vanity gen your own
Algorithms - lets test every combination under the sun to see if we can force the hashing to be done on one specific medium (cpu, or gpu, or an asic)

theres been plenty of scams I cant imagine what sort of shit i missed by only starting in the scene in December/January. I doubt anything will overtake bitcoin in the short run, and theres no reason bitcoin can't just stay on top. but we get a to test every variable here in the alt forum, if something on bitcoin breaks or becomes not feasible there will be plenty of back up suggestions already coded and waiting to be chosen if need be

(also NXT style coins, sidechains, the new bitsharesx marketplace.. you'll never run a decentralized exchange on a 10 minute blockchain...)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: