Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any one else have an large volume of defaulted loans on BitBond?  (Read 2190 times)
kleopa (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:00:36 AM

In last 30 days I have made 21 loans and 8 of them are late 30. I am sure other lenders also having problems, lets use this forum to connect and exchange our experiences, If this is a pattern for BitBond, potential lenders have to know.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:12:04 AM

If it's anything like BTC Jam, then yes, this is normal.  Most people applying for loans at these sites are viewing your BTC as "grants", not loans.  The consequences for not repaying are pretty tame due to the unsecured nature of the loan, although BitBond releasing the docs to all noteholders upon unsuccessful collections might deter some, but IMO is a disaster waiting to happen.  All it takes is one psychopathic lender wanting his money back and the willingness to do the detective work, and we have a tragedy on our hands.
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:53:14 AM

If it's anything like BTC Jam, then yes, this is normal.  Most people applying for loans at these sites are viewing your BTC as "grants", not loans.  The consequences for not repaying are pretty tame due to the unsecured nature of the loan, although BitBond releasing the docs to all noteholders upon unsuccessful collections might deter some, but IMO is a disaster waiting to happen.  All it takes is one psychopathic lender wanting his money back and the willingness to do the detective work, and we have a tragedy on our hands.
Two things I would like to point out:

1. If someone steals from a lender and the lender goes after them, tough luck. Maybe they shouldn't have scammed a lender.
2. I'm sure a decent percentage of fraudulent users are using fraudulent documents.

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:40:00 AM

Two things I would like to point out:

1. If someone steals from a lender and the lender goes after them, tough luck. Maybe they shouldn't have scammed a lender.
2. I'm sure a decent percentage of fraudulent users are using fraudulent documents.

That's the main problem.  Bitbond cannot detect the fraud (or doesn't care) and all my loans are late!  Thought this was finally going to be a nice P2P lending site but oh well...
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 08:35:27 AM

In last 30 days I have made 21 loans and 8 of them are late 30. I am sure other lenders also having problems, lets use this forum to connect and exchange our experiences, If this is a pattern for BitBond, potential lenders have to know.

I put 10mBTC in a Bitbond account to try lending them, just now. I would try to follow the 5 principles of bitcoin lending Bitbond wrote in its blog. However, i don't know if can commit more BTC there.
Actually, I would like to know other people experience with lending on Bitbond. As an example i've found a post from user bitswipe who's suggesting most of North American borrowers are defaulting on their bonds (maybe they are scammers); while borrowers from Australia, Italy and Germany refund on time.

I have majority of my bitcoins invested in local loans
Usually the Australian loans payout (experiences of mine) as well as Italian and German ones
Defaulted loans usually from USA and Canada...as well as late payments from Israel
[..]

Probably Italian and German borrowers being in the SEPA (Single European Payment Area) are checked better than North American one.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: