Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nuvocard  (Read 2631 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:57:39 AM

Has anybody heard about Nuvocard??

http://www.nuovocard.com/news/

Nuvocard – The New Future Of Bitcoin POS ?

8th August 2014, Bhubaneswar,India: NuovoCard International, announces a ground breaking Bitcoin Point of Sale (POS) solution to trade, buy and sell using a debit card. The Nuovocard is a dual purpose combination of a magnetic card which also contains a QR code.

http://www.nuovocard.com/about-us/
Neha Arora - Founder
Neha is a passionate technologist with her speciality in the financial domain. She pursued a few ideology orienting years working as a software engineering technologist with a global Indian IT stalwart,Infosys Technologies .After which she spent passionate years in the education industry painstakingly revamping the outlook of students, bridging the gap between the knowledge and implementation, aiding trainees to innovate instead of merely implement. She is dedicated towards the cause of propagating the use of Bitcoins & other popular digital currencies to make in-store and day to day transactions truly global, decentralized on an extremely cost-effective and secure platform. She is living in India and is married to Harshvardhan Jaiswal, the founder of Cardinal Yachts Manufacturing who is an Industrial Engineer and a relentless innovator himself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techguy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:23:11 AM

Yes, sometime back here only..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637107
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654010
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731002

maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:10:07 AM

Yep, they have a hacker bounty program out in the Services section also

adv.kanishk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:36:05 PM

Ya i went to the website to check out a few things. I really liked the device they have innovated for swapping up the card, like having your own swapping machine at your hand....really kul  Smiley
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:32:06 PM

http://www.nuovocard.com/news/

Nuvocard – The New Future Of Bitcoin POS ?

8th August 2014, Bhubaneswar,India: NuovoCard International, announces a ground breaking Bitcoin Point of Sale (POS) solution to trade, buy and sell using a debit card. The Nuovocard is a dual purpose combination of a magnetic card which also contains a QR code.

http://www.nuovocard.com/about-us/
Neha Arora - Founder
Neha is a passionate technologist with her speciality in the financial domain. She pursued a few ideology orienting years working as a software engineering technologist with a global Indian IT stalwart,Infosys Technologies .After which she spent passionate years in the education industry painstakingly revamping the outlook of students, bridging the gap between the knowledge and implementation, aiding trainees to innovate instead of merely implement. She is dedicated towards the cause of propagating the use of Bitcoins & other popular digital currencies to make in-store and day to day transactions truly global, decentralized on an extremely cost-effective and secure platform. She is living in India and is married to Harshvardhan Jaiswal, the founder of Cardinal Yachts Manufacturing who is an Industrial Engineer and a relentless innovator himself.

Seems it is a similar service like BitPlastic.com

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:35:51 PM

Oops.... My bad.
I tried searching for it, but I guess I got no results because of a spelling error (Nuvocard instead of Nouvocard)
neha

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 06:35:09 AM

Hey guys, if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or ask here. Also, its not Bitplastic as that works with Mastercard. We are trying to develop our own platform without converting BTC to FIAT and involving the Local Exchanges to do the latter part. This way, the fees are less and the merchants dont need to worry about fluctuations in the valuation. Also, for users it means very little or no fees. We might allow sending funds to other users/addresses but that will be revealed latter.

ZeroSum

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:10:05 PM

Hey guys, if you have any questions, please feel free to pm me or ask here. Also, its not Bitplastic as that works with Mastercard. We are trying to develop our own platform without converting BTC to FIAT and involving the Local Exchanges to do the latter part. This way, the fees are less and the merchants dont need to worry about fluctuations in the valuation. Also, for users it means very little or no fees. We might allow sending funds to other users/addresses but that will be revealed latter.

What Bitpay is doing virtually is Nuvocard doing physically, only difference being no BTC-INR conversion. Is it?
So can we all it merchant solution simplifying Bitcoin acceptance physically?
neha

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 12:57:41 PM

What Bitpay is doing virtually is Nuvocard doing physically, only difference being no BTC-INR conversion. Is it?

Yes you can. The merchants will be able to buy and sell bitcoins using the platform if they want to or they can use the card to process sale of goods/services. The whole idea is to make Bitcoins available locally so that you can transact faster than if using an exchange. Just take cash and buy Bitcoins and this will provide a more secure way to transact as the merchant will have to adhere to KYC norms and for India, even the cardholder needs to.

The Bitcoin exchanges will also play a major role as they will be dealing with all the merchant demands i.e. buy or sell bitcoins whereas the merchants can deal with the card holder demands.

BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:33:56 AM

Yes you can. The merchants will be able to buy and sell bitcoins using the platform if they want to or they can use the card to process sale of goods/services. The whole idea is to make Bitcoins available locally so that you can transact faster than if using an exchange. Just take cash and buy Bitcoins and this will provide a more secure way to transact as the merchant will have to adhere to KYC norms and for India, even the cardholder needs to.

The Bitcoin exchanges will also play a major role as they will be dealing with all the merchant demands i.e. buy or sell bitcoins whereas the merchants can deal with the card holder demands.

Will it be on-blockchain or off-blockchain transactions?

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
neha

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:52:16 PM

Will it be on-blockchain or off-blockchain transactions?

It will be off-blockchain otherwise we cannot maintain the instant confirmation feature and transactions get more expensive due to miners fee.

adv.kanishk

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:01:22 PM

Congratulations Neha!!! Nuovocard news hit the hindu business newspaper....

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/bitcoin-startup-unocoin-gets-overseas-funding/article6321677.ece

Congo!!!!
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:38:00 PM

Hmm, didnt see anything about this in that link.
Was it an incorrect link?

adv.kanishk

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:36:39 PM

Yup. Sorry incorrect link attached  Grin

The comment was for congo to Unocoin. I guess inadvertently posted wrong comment in wrong discussion link. Sorry bout that  Grin Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: